LPS xmas lineup

Luna Park Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Top Gunner14

Re: LPS xmas lineup

Post by Top Gunner14 »

There will only be 2 rides at Luna Park over the holiday period. One is the Rockin' Tug and the other is a new Flume type ride which will debut there. Both rides owned by Joyland's Better Amusement Hire. But the flume will take up the whole of Maloney's corner. So yes there will be a new water ride at LPS.
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Well, top gunner thanks for that. I never thought that they would buy a flume ride, this will probbly make an appearance at RES, MS and maybe Moomba. Do you hav any pics top gunner of this ride? Also is the ride brand new?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

It's an ex-park model, I'll try and find out more info about it. But yeh I'll be down during the holidays to take some photos
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Aww ):
Space Roller Freak

You not happy paulie?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

edited :

Turns out the flume was a great addition to LPS. I can see why they chose it over speed. Was extremely popular and had amazing capacity.
Last edited by Paulie123 on Wed May 06, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princess

Post by princess »

LPS would be a great place to have a flume ride, it gets really hot there in the summer,thats if we have one, it should do well. :D
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes I think the ride will go really well throughout summer. Will be good to try it especially on a hot day
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Hmm, but doesnt it suck that theres no thrill rides there this Xmas holidays?

Am i the only one a bit let down? :(
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

Hmm, but doesnt it suck that theres no thrill rides there this Xmas holidays?

Am i the only one a bit let down?
No Paulie I am also disappointed by this revelation. The lineup is very poor considering previous year's roster. Perhaps the Rockin' Tug and the Flume Ride are not the only rides appearing?? Maybe they are negotiating for a couple of others to appear-there is still time and this line up has not been officially or publicly confirmed yet. Plus there is plenty of room to accomodate at least 2 other rides in the park(in the Midway or one next to the Tumblebug are two places that spring to mind). The Xmas hols is the peak season for LPS and I am surprised that they havent added a couple of more rides to attract as many people as possble...seesm like a missed opportunity to me!!
I must admit to being a little intrigued by this new Flume ride. I am wondering as to what similarities it has to Splash Canyon- and am hoping it will be a better ride!
Topgunner do you know the manufacturer?? I am hoping it is something like a Sobema portable Rapids ride-now that would be a very cool thing indeed!! :D

Cheers
Jobius
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

They are the only 2 rides that will be down at the park. The Flume is manufactured by Reverchon.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

cant wait to see the flume..
Last edited by Paulie123 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

GOt a chance to see the Flume at LPS today, got a few photos which will be up son. At the moment its called Big SPlash but I'm fairly sure that'll be the permanent name but the ride is looking spectacular and it isn't even finished yet
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I was lucky enough to have a quick look in Luna Park yesterday. Was walking through the Midway and the Rockin' Tug was there getting setup and was nearly complete. But I headed straight around to Maloney's corner to find the Flume setup and ready to operate. The ride is looking top notch. Looks very clean and very well presented. The artwork around the ride looks great with all pirates and things like that painted on. But while I was there taking photos, there were alot of people having a look at the flume and people saying "geez what a shame is not open, it would've been good if it was" and then little kids saying to their parents "I want to go on that it looks cool" but the parents would just reply "yes it does, we might have to come back when it's open to have a go on it." But any age people were looking at it so the ride will go great over the holiday period. Heres some first photos of the flume:

Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Doesnt look like the same ride. Joylands did a excellent job themeing it.
Last edited by Paulie123 on Wed May 06, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vee

Post by Vee »

No wonder residents complain about the noise - what kind of ignorant clown doesn't expect hearing it when they're living so close?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

not overly impressed....

I think there is something about Splash Canyon I like better
Space Roller Freak

Looks ok and thanks for the pics top gunner. I wasn't really impressed with the presentation of the ride but when joylands bought Power Surge in to the country it was looking pretty dull and lame but now it looks amazing so maybe this will happen? Good to see showmen still being interested in rides that have a large number of trailers.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
benclare

Post by benclare »

Sounds like a really cool new ride and I can’t wait to give it a go! How much does it cost to ride does anyone know?

Sort of a shame there aren’t more big rides doing LPS this year; perhaps Joylands have another carnival to do?

Merry Christmas everyone!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

They sure do, the Power Surge is going to their Xmas Carnival at Jervis Bay on the NSW South Coast. The Flume hasn't been finished yet, Joyland's are going to do more work to it after it finishes at LPS. Ben, you can buy an unlimited ride band for $52 but I'd say a single go will be about $7-$8. And yes, Joyland's do know how to maintain and present a ride to the public :wink:
princess

Post by princess »

I past this ride today, it was operating, it has two drops, you are right Huss, there is something about it that is different, to splash Canyon, there drops appeared to be not as long or steep as Splash Canyon, in saying that it is definitely looking sparkingly new, I have taken a picture, but want to look at it on my computer before I send it to someone to post, just as I was passing I decided to change the format, so not quite sure how they will come out.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh it was on Seven News last night. I'd say it was operating just for the media and they had a few patrons having ago
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

I think this was a better addition to the park than Speed or Mega Drop. It sure was different. Really fun ride.
Last edited by Paulie123 on Wed May 06, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Haha good to hear. I'll be heading down some time this week so I'll do a full review of all the rides including the Flume. I'm looking forward to having ago. So Paulie are you happy that it was there these holidays?