July School Holidays rides 2009 (Photos added)

Luna Park Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Top Gunner14

July School Holidays rides 2009 (Photos added)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Over the July holidays the rides that will be attending will be Joyland's Better Amusement Hire's Power Surge and Hurricane. Dunno if theres another kiddies ride going but their the rides I've been told about. Hopefully might get in there
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: July School Holidays rides 2009

Post by Zamperla »

I notice they are now offering an annual pass for $99 (unlimited rides) - a pretty good deal to anyone who may visit twice in a year or more.

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I've seen this too. I usually only visit once a year. Good deal as you said Zamperla
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

I wonder why they don't have anything on their website about the Temp Rides these holidays?

Anyone going to be going these holidays? I think im heading in on tuesday.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I'll be going in hopefully. They used to always have the temporary rides up at least 1 week before the holidays started, they've slacked off a bit
redhot

Post by redhot »

Keep the info coming guys, i'm going to try and make up there one day during the school hols with my daughter on one of my days off.
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Charity00

Post by Charity00 »

Paulie123 wrote:I wonder why they don't have anything on their website about the Temp Rides these holidays?
If you go onto the "Rides and Games" sections, Hurricane and Power Surge are listed below Spider in the permanent rides section. They have been there for a few days now.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hopefully I'll be getting to Luna Park on Thursday. Will be good to see that Power Surge again and the Ranger. Should be a good day :D
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Ill be spending most of my day on Power Surge and Wild Mouse. Lets hope none of my friends vomit on PS this time.. Eugh. Nasty.
princess

Post by princess »

All rides were working today, could see powersurge over the top of Luna Park, was also good to see the lights on and all rides moving after dark, all very unusual, to see on a Monday night. :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

$99 for unlimited HUSS action... pwoah!
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Had a fun day today. Ill post some pics later when I get on my computer.

3rd time in a row someones been sick though that I've been. I guss I push my friends too much. Haha.

Power surge broke down while we were on it the second time. It was slowing down and the main arm was back into position then it just came to a slow stop. My friends were freaking out and thought they were going to die.. Blah. We were back on the ground though within about 8 minutes.

Oh and another thing that I found pretty funny.. We were talking about Wonderland and one of my friends said it closed because the rides were made of wood and were unsafe :\ I laughed and just agreed.

Tango train was taken apart which I got a pic of too. Im hoping they're getting rid of it and putting something else there! Doubt it though.

[EDIT]

Heres the pics

You know what would look nice in Maloneys Corner? It starts with space and ends with roller..
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for the photos. Looks like you had a good day in there. Hmm interesting about the Tango Train, its probably one of the most popular rides in the park. Was it busy in there?
redhot

Post by redhot »

Yeah, nice pics Paulie!
Like Topgun said, how were the crowds?
I'm hoping to get in there next tuesday, the weather forecast calls for a nice warm day!
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Nice work Paulie, especially the Tango-Train sneak-shot and the Ranger

Looks like Tango Train is getting a full overhaul.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'm heading out there tomorrow so I'll be getting a heap of photos, might even try a video or two so watch this space tomorrow night

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Crowds weren't too bad. Only rides that really weren't walkons would have been the Wild Mouse and Dodgems as usual. Hurricane had a bit of a line through the day too.. Power surge was a walkon which is always good. :D
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got down to the park today. Had a pretty good day. Lining up for armbands was awful. Maybe Luna Park need to train their workers in a bit of crowd control. The line was probably not even 10 metres long and probably took me 15 minutes to get an armband. After that just about every ride was a walk-on. All of Joyland's gear that was in there was looking superb especially the Power Surge with it having a touch-up on its paintwork on part of the arms. The ends will be getting painted sometime soon.

Most of the Luna Park rides were looking good and running. Tango Train is actually getting totally re-built and should be running next year hopefully. Didn't bother riding the Spider, was running so slow I think the Ferris Wheel was more thrilling. Didn't ride the Dodgems or the Wild Mouse with them having decent length lines. And forgot to ride the Rotor. Anyway heres a few photos:

The Face:

Flying Saucer:

Wild Mouse:

Tango Train: Being Re-built

Tumble Bug:

Onride shot:

Maloney's Corner: I thought this was a good shot:

Crazy Cars: Nice little kids ride owned by Joyland's. This is a one off in Australia with Joylands importing the Cars from SBF Visa and then Joylands along with Bernie Gimbert built this ride which has proven to be a pretty popular ride.

Spider: Running very slowly now, the hubs look like the hardly spin when the platform rotates.

Ranger: Good fun ride, can't beat this Huss machine. Running pretty well and fast.

Hurricane: Running well and looking good, bursts of air weren't loud due to the poor sooky whinging residents in the apartments.

Power Surge: Running well and looking spectacular. Thanks again Miles, good seeing you again mate.

I think this shot looks great, very colourful:

Had a good day as I said. And enjoy!

If the images don't come up but instead the little box with the red X in the middle, just right click then click "Show Picture" and they should work.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Josh in Rocky

Re: July School Holidays rides 2009 (Photos added)

Post by Josh in Rocky »

top shelf pics as usual buddy!
"Slingshot , Engage"