Spirits of the Carnival

Luna Park Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
princess

Spirits of the Carnival

Post by princess »

I have just finished watching Spirits of the Carnival, what a wonderful/sad documentary, how lucky we are that we still have Luna Park with us here in Sydney, some great footage, one thing, in one of the end shots of the Ferris Wheel, all its lights were on, it is a beautiful thing to see a wheel fully lit, imo, I wish they would light it up the way it should be, proud and bright.

Thank you to the wonderful person who sent this to me :wink:
Top Gunner14

Re: Spirits of the Carnival

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I saw the DVD in the gift shop when I was there last week. I also looked at the history book which I forget what its called and had some info on the early days of Luna Park. There were some good photos in there too
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

It's a great story of the history and characters of Luna Park. I've had my copy a few years now and have watched it many times over...."The quest for fun"
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I got both the book and the DVD this year when I was in Sydney, great to read about Wittingslow's involvement.... I wonder what they would have been if they had not become involved with the park. They may have still held the record for most portable HUSS rides in the world..