Xmas 2010

Luna Park Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Funderstruck

Xmas 2010

Post by Funderstruck »

I was at Luna Park over the weekend. Had been meaning to go there for over 10years so decided to drive down on Friday go to the RES Saturday (the day after the Tower Loop broke down) and Luna Park Saturday night and Sunday morning then drive back.

I was speaking to a Park Supervisor who told me that Pirates Revenge will be at the park this Xmas.

On a different note I've never seen a park work so slow in peak periods. We were in the line for the Tango Train for 40mins and there was only 2 rides before us. Each ride cycle from load operate and unload was more than 15mins each rides. They ran the ride for nearly 8mins of those each cycle. I must say that is way too long for a ride like this as our necks were so sore still 24hrs later. I mentioned this to the Parks office and they just said "Yes it is one of our longer rides" in a pleased with themselves tone of voice.

On a possitive note I saw more street entertainers and characters in the 5hrs I was there than the last 8 visits to the big Gold Coast theme parks combined.
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: Xmas 2010

Post by Zamperla »

Interesting observations Funderstruck, the ride staff there do have an interesting way of operating, to put it nicely. I think you are right, they are not adept at dealing with any sort of fast turn-over on the rides. The rides are quite over-staffed too. Park rides that would be operated elsewhere with one staff member, have two or three standing around.
benclare

Re: Xmas 2010

Post by benclare »

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Luna Park.

Yes the Tango Train operates for ages and I usually come off it with painful legs as they get jammed against the metal side of the car but I don't mind riding it nevertheless. Whilst Tango ride cycles go for ages, other rides are disappointing, especially the Tumble Bug, Spider and UFO.

Going to LPS during the school holidays is definitely better than other times of the year as the entertainment makes for a really good atmosphere. Visiting on regular weekends can be really quiet throughout the park.