Luna Park on Kath and Kim

Luna Park Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
benclare

Luna Park on Kath and Kim

Post by benclare »

Hi!

Did anyone catch Kath and Kim last night? Luna Park featured heavily with Sharon and Wayne saying "I do" on the Shock Drop ride. What ride was it that Kath threw up on? I'm guessing it was the Pharo's Curse but it could've been the Enterprise or Twin Dragon; it was a bit difficult to hear. Anyway, it was funny stuff!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Good observation Ben, I caught it by coincidence. I found it interesting that a lot of the sounds were dubbed in, like the noise of the riders screaming as they were under the face. It was Twin Dragon that Kath threw up on (swinging ship)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

also the part where sharon and shayne dropped.... was done digitally... that wasnt a real drop...

haha

enterprise was doing a long cycle, shame it doesnt anymore... TRASH
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yeah the Shockdrop was funny - complete with a sound effect for when the restraints opened.

It is a pity the Enterprise is not working or looking as nice as it used to (raising much more slowly, plastic dome missing from centre hub) - it would be doing a massive number of cycles during opening hours in its new location up the front. I wonder what happened to the yellow plastic centre?
benclare

Post by benclare »

Is the Galaxy Coaster still operating down there? I know it was closed for a while after the big breakdown a few years ago. Sometimes fun parks get rid of such things after a heavily publicised event like that one, even though no one was injured. I hope that ride is still there!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

yep, galaxy is still there and popular as ever, but looking more run down than ever....Unfortunetly all the rides are showing their age, and its not a good sight.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I saw it. It was funny where kath threw up on the twin dragon and on the shockdrop
benclare

Post by benclare »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:yep, galaxy is still there and popular as ever, but looking more run down than ever....Unfortunetly all the rides are showing their age, and its not a good sight.
That really is a shame because the park was only refurbished six years ago. I've been there once since the makeover, not long after the reopening and it was great then. The ride cycles went forever and the operators were really friendly. The only thing not working was the G Force.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Ben, the G-Force has been slowed to a level where the cars are lucky to swing out more than 45 degrees, a sorry sight on such a traditional thrill favourite.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

HOW BORING thats no fun. The flashdance is great fun. I'd hate 2 go on g-force then