Luna Park Visit 30th March 2008

Luna Park Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
CrazyCoaster424

Luna Park Visit 30th March 2008

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

Hey Guys, I'm goin to go to Luna Park on 30th March 2008, how exiting! I've been there before, but never been on most of the rides. Luna Park says that the Scenic Railway is closed due to Major Referbishment. I am sure that last time I was there (Mothers Day 2004) that was the case with the Scenic Railway back then! I will take some photos of all the rides in action, and a review. It's a shame that Luna Park (in my opinion) needs all new rides. I can't wait till I go!!!!!

Crazy Coaster
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep a review would be appreciated CrazyCoaster. I haven't been to LPM since just after the refurbishment. It was pretty good then but lacked atmosphere I thought. Still, there are some pretty good rides there, including the Galaxy Coaster that has broken down a few times but I think is up and running again and the Twin Dragon which is a lot like the Huss Pirate but is smaller.
CrazyCoaster424

I'm Lookin forward to riding Twin Dragon & G Force. I've ridden the Reef Diver at Dreamworld, but I think that LPM's Enterprise would be much better!

Crazy Coaster
CrazyCoaster424

Very sorry guys, I may not be able to go to Luna Park due to Health Reasons. I will keep you all posted if I can go. I'm very sad!

Crazy Coaster
benclare

Post by benclare »

All the best for a speedy recovery. LPM will be waiting for you once you're well enough to visit. The best ride there is probably Enterprise and was in good nick last time I went but that was a few years ago. The Spider was also fun but I missed out on the G Force as it was out of action. If it's anything as good as Flashdance, I definitely recommend it.
CrazyCoaster424

Well, th only rides that will be closed if I go are Spider and Scenic Railway. I'm not that worried about Spider, but i'm pissed off about Scenic Railway not bein open!

Crazy Coaster
benclare

Post by benclare »

The school holidays are a strange time to close attractions down. Usually parks are able to arrange their maintanence schedules around these busy times. I remember sometimes visiting Wonderland during non holiday periods and half the rides would be down for maintanence; completely understandable of course although the admition price was never lowered.
CrazyCoaster424

Yeah, I went to Wonderland quite a few years ago now (proboly 5 years ago). I wasn't into rides then, I was about 8 or 9 years old! I went on a Wooden Coaster, Pirate Swings, Dodgems & Kiddie Rides. All were very fun!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

the Scenic Railway is currently undergoing some extensive maintenance along one side of the park (lifthill on Cavell St) and is unlikely to be operating over the next few months.
CrazyCoaster424

Guys I'm sad to say that I can't go to Luna Park these holidays, due to heath reasons. I have been havin dizzy spells and keep fainting, I am planning to go to the Royal Melbourne Show & Luna Park in September, when the show is on!

Crazy Coaster
princess

Post by princess »

Handy, Crazycoaster, bags not going on any rides with you at the moment, thats an excitement level, I do not want to even contemplate. hope you get it sorted soon. :) :(
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yeah that's a worry CrazyCoaster; hopefully all is okay and that you'll be right for the Melbourne Show in September. Fingers crossed.