What Was Your Favourite Experience From Luna Park?

Luna Park Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mixerholic

What Was Your Favourite Experience From Luna Park?

Post by Mixerholic »

I had my first rollercoaster experience when I rode The Dragon (Silly Serpant's previous name) which was pretty rough. I was about 8 when I rode it. Honestly back then they should've called it "Ghetto Park" if you remember what the park looked like back in the late 90's. Also I had my first Kamikaze experience on Pharaoh's Curse, and you know what I actually loved it! But Hangover is King of the Kamikaze's in my opinion because I don't feel so claustraphobic, plus when you sit on the end seat you feel like you're in the Matrix when you go over the top.
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
HUSSRAINBOW

Re: What Was Your Favourite Experience From Luna Park?

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

leaving...
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Riding the Gravitron for the first time with the song 'I wanna know what love is' by Foreigner playing. (this was definitely the 80's)

I thought I was so cool being brave enough to ride it. After that I tried it for another 8-10 times that day.
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

my favourite experience ride is on the BIG DIPPER the best thriller wooden rollercoaster in 1985...
NOW there's piles of NOTHING!
princess

Post by princess »

Yep Sydney's Luna Park's rollercoaster was my first experience of a thrill ride and it was good.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I have fond memories of both Luna Parks. Melbourne would have to be riding the wooden Big Dipper in the late 80's and being pleasantly surprised at the reopening of LPS in 95 when the former World Expo Ranger was first installed and of course the current Dream World Cyclone. I was invited to the big event by Vision Australia and I remember Sandra Sully from Ten News was a big fan of the coaster.