Trip

Luna Park Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Tayz

Trip

Post by Tayz »

Went to Luna Park today for my first time. Was a bit of fun but all the rides seemed like they could have gone a bit faster. The old wooden roller coaster was good fun but bumpy . The Kamikaze hurt like a bitch because of the harnness thing they have it puts all the weight onto yours legs and when the ride runs as slow as they run it, it really does hurt! The enterprise and spider were good fun, the steel roller coaster was fun although it didnt sound that way. The G - force felt really slow and got a bit boring but was still a mild thrill. Also went on the ghost train for poops and giggles and it was awful haha, maybe it would be better if i was a 5 or so years younger. Infact i think the whole park would have been better if i was a few years younger. Over all the park was good fun and worth the cash however all the rides are quite old and they all need a good touch up.
Mixerholic

Re: Trip

Post by Mixerholic »

Honestly they should demolish the crappy rides (except the historical ones) and get DECENT RIDES! I mean seriously the RYE CARNIVAL IS BETTER! Even though it is getting weirder and weirder each year! Still Rye owns Luna Park ANY DAY!!!
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
benclare

Re: Trip

Post by benclare »

Yep Luna Park Sydney is the same as far as atmosphere goes. Most rides there do play music but definitely not loud enough and only when the operator thinks to turn it on or perhaps it has to do with the hours they are allowed to play it... An exception to this is the Tango Train which does have an okay music system which plays all day as it is on the midway and relatively distant from apartments.