Metropolis has gone bye-bye!

Luna Park Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mixerholic

Metropolis has gone bye-bye!

Post by Mixerholic »

So what rollercoaster/flat ride do you think they'll put in it's place? I have a STRONG feeling it's going to be a Zamperla Crazy Coaster themed as 'The Tickler' But I can't say that for certain yet. Anyway the only thing that LPM have told us about the new ride is that it's going to be CRAZY! We'll know by Thursday what's gonna be happening :)
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
tziolasamusements

Re: Metropolis has gone bye-bye!

Post by tziolasamusements »

they should put the original old day big dipper wooden rollercoaster which they still got 6 cars its belong my old days not the crap new rides!
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

I agree that the possibility is strong that a new coaster in LPM COULD be from Zamperla. The Tickler theme is pure speculation based on nothing more than your opinion and is also dependent on the coaster being a Zamperla spinning coaster. There is currently no evidence for this. Personally , if we are talking pie in the sky stuff, then a Gerstlauter Eurofighter or a Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster would be ideal. Both would be Australian firsts and would firmly put LPM on the map as a destination of choice for roller coaster enthusiasts. Would be brilliant but I am not hopeful!!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

maybe they'll put a Rainbow in its spot haha
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

If I ever go back to LPM it would only to be on the Enterprise! And the Scenic Railway because I am yet to ride it and probably the Pharoah's Curse and Spider. Honestly they should scrap Twin Dragon and put in a KMG Inversion :lol: It's be nice to have the HUSS Rainbow then my life would be complete because I'm pretty sure that the travelling ones will never return to Melbourne or Rye :cry:
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

It's official the Crazy Coaster and Power Surge will be there for the Summer Holidays. Wow isn't THAT exciting! They brought in the most generic rides. God it's sad :lol:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Maybe they will bring an Ali Baba in as well, the views over St Kilda with that ride would be amazing :)
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Screw the Ali Blabla :lol: That thing is a joke :lol: An absolute joke of a ride! If you want views bring in FreeStyle or SkyFlyer. I just cannot stand the Ali. Anyway Pharoah's Curse would be higher anyway...wouldn't it... :D
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Haha so it's just some temporary holiday rides nothing crazy about that! I thought it was the announcement of a new ride but sadly not. I would have at least added a Zipper for summer or even Hurricane or Extreme. They've had Power Surge before anyway.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I wonder what will happen to the old coaster? A shame it is being removed IMO.
tziolasamusements

linfox still keep the old coaster storage at warehouse dont know what the plan yet
benclare

Post by benclare »

Would love to see it travel, perhaps doing the West Coast or go into Luna Park Sydney. Not much hope of either I suppose.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Honestly... I can see the ride being sold for parts, probably for the Taipan...
tziolasamusements

update news old metropolis rollercoaster from luna park now at behind barwon prison lara scrapped out send to geelong scrap metal yard no longer return to luna park anymore