Aussie World Update

Aussie World, Queensland, Australia
DEEFA DODGEM

Aussie World Update

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

I will be heading down to the Sunshine Coast next week-end for my brothers wedding (FOOL-doesn't know what he's in for :lol: ) and my friend who I'm staying with works with the wife of the publican of the Ettamogah Pub. We are planning a trip to the pub to try to catch up with him and find out a bit more on what is the latest on the parks plans for the future. From what I have been told so far, the rides are staying where they are and the approval has been given for the proposed water park. Hopefully I will be able to get a bit more info on what is going to happen and take a few photos while I'm there as it's been a few years since my last visit. Will let you all know what I can find out.
Deefa.
katestow77

Re: Aussie World Update

Post by katestow77 »

hey guys as far as i no ( september 2009) i have been told when i did AN orientation.
that wvtp have not secured this piece of land and it is still in the hands of council.
WVTP have no intentions of keeping any of the rides but as to weather or not they
choose to sell the rides or what that im not shaw on,but i do no that the existing
rides will not have n e place at this WVTP as it will be a WET N WILD sunshine coast.
but as ive said WVTP have not secured the land. this has been going on for quite some time,
at least as far back as nambour show 2008 when a group of us showies went to aussie world.
im shaw im not the only person to say this but i think it would be nice to have a park that has both
water rides and normal rides and i feel that this would be a perfect place but it might not work
out. n e ways if i hear of n e thing ill try and let u guys now
cheers katie
princess

Post by princess »

I heard today that no water parks had got the go ahead due to lack
lack of population ...
chacha91

Post by chacha91 »

"Australia's largest theme park operator, Village Roadshow Limited (VRL), has canceled their plans to turn Aussie World into a world-class theme park.

"After extensive research, review and planning, VRL considers that when compared with other opportunities available, the potential returns do not justify the level of investment for the world-class water park which would be required to deliver a significant destination site", the press release said.

With the conditional agreement signed last year, VRL had the option to purchase the land and business from Aussie World.

This is the second time a theme park project has been axed by the company. Last year a plan to turn Melbourne's Werribee Open Range Zoo into a major theme park was canceled.

The future of Aussie World is unknown." (themeparknewsdirect.com)
You only got one life - SO LIVE IT
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Hi All, Sorry for the delay with the update on the Aussie World upgrade but due do time restraints I was not able to meet with anyone from Aussie World but was able to find out a bit of information. The latest is that Village have decided to postpone the intended expansion due to "lack of infastructure". Putting it simple, Village want Main Roads to pay for upgraded access to the park and are refusing to do so. It seems Village are refusing to pay for any roadwork and are holding Main Roads accountable. Looks like plans are on hold again until some sort of resolution can be worked out....a never ending story!
Deefa.
princess

Post by princess »

princess wrote:no water parks had got the go ahead due to lack
lack of population ...
Sorry about quoting myself, but this information comes from the many real estate agents and other people in the know, from the Sunshine coast whom I was circulating with on Melb Cup day. It will not be happening for a few years to come, due to lack of populaton, which would also include infrustructure!!!!!