RES Giant Slide has a new home

Aussie World, Queensland, Australia
Funderstruck

RES Giant Slide has a new home

Post by Funderstruck »

Looks like Aussie World has brought the Giant Slide that was formally at Sydney Show Grounds. Also looks like something is on the go near their new Redback (Disko) Ride.
http://www.nearmap.com/?q=@-26.750118,1 ... d=20110719
Don't think it's a great park ride but glad it didn't go to the scrap heap.
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: RES Giant Slide has a new home

Post by Zamperla »

it's a good purchase for Aussieworld. that ground is already sloping too which would help. I also see in that aerial photo all the pieces of the new flume ride they will be installing. Great to see Aussieworld is really expanding. Top park (and not so little anymore)
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I called into the park during my visit to the Sunshine Coast, was quite impressed with the way everything looked. I did wonder what the hole in the ground was for. Hope to post more pic's in the next few days.

benclare

Post by benclare »

That slide would've been an excellent purchase for Luna Park Sydney I reckon. Aussieworld takes advantage of good opportunities and are good at recycling classic rides and giving them a second life.
princess

Post by princess »

Would of taken up heaps of room Ben and it probably would rust very quickly, with the salt air.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes you're probably right. I do hope LPS commission or purchase a few more attractions for the park. I think this can be done without further angering the local residents as there's still quite a bit of space in the main midway area.

I can't remember when I last rode that giant slide, definitely before the shift to Homebush.