Melbourne Vs Sydney Luna Park... (on Getaway TV program)

Public Forum

Which Park came out better from film bias / report?

Melbourne Luna Park
60%
Sydney Luna Park
40%

Total votes: 5

Zamperla
Administrator

Melbourne Vs Sydney Luna Park... (on Getaway TV program)

Post by Zamperla »

Did anyone else watch this? It was a segment of typical length on Getaway. All n all, I thought it was a pretty shallow report of both parks, in fact they did not show a single section of Melbourne Luna's Scenic Railway, I have a feeling it was not operating that day.

What I did like about it was the great camera work - clearly they used some sort of camera mount bracket. The 2 "spew rides" they took onboard work of were the HUSS UFO and HUSS ENTERPRISE (similar combo) but these rides did look good on film. I find the information about the UFO moving at "90km / h" very hard to believe. In actual fact, the actual speed (ie. NOT RPM as rides are measured in) would be lucky to be 60km.

What are anyone else's thoughts?

PS. Very very busy at the moment, have not had time to check the computer at all. Good to see the site up and running again, Matty, I strongly suggest you either bring back the 'todays posts' or preferably a "new posts" button (ie. shows all new posts since you last logged on)
Jase
Super Administrator

Post by Jase »

Dave, there is a new posts link it's up the top in blue on the right (it's only on the front page), also it icon of any forum that has new changes to yellow :)

J
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

GOD DAMMIT, the only night we dont watch getaway, I dont watch it, was it much to miss out on?
Oh, what a dictatorship we have going here hey? You should probably know I didn't take the pics off because I wasn't on the internet all week so I couldn't, you conclusion-jumpist!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Nebs, yeah well worth the watch for those of us interested... but as I said it could've been better. (and more detailed) I do have it on video, so on the odd chance I find myself possibly in Sydney next year, who knows? perhaps I can give you a copy.

Jase - Great stuff, really good option. And I like the new look forum!!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

PS. Fill out the vote at the top of this topic!
Trav

Post by Trav »

Yeah, I watched...

Did anyone else notice that the short ads leading up to the segment showed a Zipper? ..just something I picked up.

It would have been good to see the Huss Ranger reviewed, and there was not even a quick look at Melbournes version of the Ranger? Actually there were heaps of other good stuff they missed filming in my opinion. I guess they edited it down heaps to fit into the show.

there's my thoughts. 8)
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

good stuff Zamperla, maybe one day
Oh, what a dictatorship we have going here hey? You should probably know I didn't take the pics off because I wasn't on the internet all week so I couldn't, you conclusion-jumpist!