my eyes hurt

Post by CoinKing »

any options to go back to black?
phpbb is pretty horrible
vbulletin is 200X better
Hurricane

Re: my eyes hurt

Post by Hurricane »

VBulliten isn't that good of software... it's also very expensive.

PHPBB3 Is alot more secure than PHPBB2 (the old version) And just give him some time I'm sure it will be customised a bit more soon.

As far as free forum software goes, I like MyBB the most. However I'm sure mattie probably decided on PHPBB3 because it's a similar interface to what he's used to. IMO this was a much needed upgrade and the old forums looked dodgy and dated.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Hurricane wrote:VBulliten isn't that good of software... it's also very expensive.

PHPBB3 Is alot more secure than PHPBB2 (the old version) And just give him some time I'm sure it will be customised a bit more soon.

As far as free forum software goes, I like MyBB the most. However I'm sure mattie probably decided on PHPBB3 because it's a similar interface to what he's used to. IMO this was a much needed upgrade and the old forums looked dodgy and dated.
LOL, because 400 -600$ for a basic vbulletin license is over kill. considering some of the largest forums in the world are run on vb , i will put it down to you not knowning what your talking about. although i do agree on the dodgy and dated part, considering you couldnt delete your post.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I'm not saying it's bad software. I'm just saying for what Mattie needed, VBulliten was indeed overkill. PHPBB or MyBB does the job fine for what he needs. And saying I don't know what i'm talking about... hmm. I've used forum software for quite a while now, Extensivley using MyBB and PHPBB2 and PHPBB3. I've also used Invision Power Board, SMF and VBulliten and while they all have there pro's and con's. I can see why they went with PHPBB3 beacuse it's a similar interface to what they are used to. And if it work's, why change it?
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Hurricane wrote:I'm not saying it's bad software. I'm just saying for what Mattie needed, VBulliten was indeed overkill. PHPBB or MyBB does the job fine for what he needs. And saying I don't know what i'm talking about... hmm. I've used forum software for quite a while now, Extensivley using MyBB and PHPBB2 and PHPBB3. I've also used Invision Power Board, SMF and VBulliten and while they all have there pro's and con's. I can see why they went with PHPBB3 beacuse it's a similar interface to what they are used to. And if it work's, why change it?
yeah i can accept that, just the part about been secure. the old forums worked, but i prefer a darker skin or a "nite" skin. i dont really mind what forum it is as long as it is usable.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, I'd prefer a slightly darker skin for the forums. But considering it only came online tonight, it's fine for now. I'm sure there are other themes that could be used if Matt decides to at a later date.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Its all good, just hate how our usernames are on the right, instead of on the usual right side.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Lol, it just takes a few days to get used to it all. But it's so much nicer now that it's not that dingy grey color.
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

wow its so bright and clean
cheers katie
princess

Post by princess »

Whoaaa, what the...?, go away for a couple of days and look what the kids get up too, it has been a while coming Mattie, well done, we will all get used to it. :D
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

when clicking "view new post' its pretty greddy not been able to goto the latest page.
princess

Post by princess »

yeah Clay I have been finding that a tad annoying too.
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

You win some and you lose some. I will get around to customising as soon as I get the chance. We will try and match it to the new AAF site we are also building.

All I can say is it is bloody fantastic not having to delete hundreds of spam accounts every couple of days.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes very true, looking forward to seeing the new site up and running as I never saw the old one
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hehe... and all these people that Thought AAF was just a forum... :lol: I remember it was VERY Green and White!

Maybe try this link out to have a look at what used to be AAF.

http://web.archive.org/web/200406091159 ... atics.com/
princess

Post by princess »

Wow that seems so long ago.
Vee

Post by Vee »

princess wrote:Wow that seems so long ago.
It's coming up on 3 years of under construction...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for the link, looked pretty good, heap of info there. Geez, it has been a while
Vee

Post by Vee »

Bump so people can see how cool my avatar is
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Who did you get to take your avatar photo Vee?
Vee

Post by Vee »

It's on the banner on one of our joints - not modelled on anyone in particular :lol: