Rainbow For Sale

Public Forum
Funderstruck

Rainbow For Sale

Post by Funderstruck »

HUS Rainbow. it is in poland and reported to be in great mechanical condition. It is a two trailer major. The owner is asking 125000 euros http://www.midwaymarketplace.com/spgm/i ... US_Rainbow
Missionelement

Re: Rainbow For Sale

Post by Missionelement »

now been reduced to 100000EURO
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

let me get out my Debit Card.....
this model has been listed for almost a year now.... wish somebody would buy it!
It's Ex-PNE Playland's model
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Huss I'll go you halves haha
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

at least we would have it on the road then ey...
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Someone ought to buy an extra Rainbow so we could have an extra for the showgrounds. I keep finding it unthinkable for the showground organisers to replace our Rainbow with that, that piece of sh*t Ali Baba ride.
PowerWave

Post by PowerWave »

did you actually stop to think that there might be a reason why the ali baba has replaced the rainbow? it might not have had the adjustments that HUSS have requested done yet, either that or the owner just can't be arsed applying for the ground space anymore or other reasons. hell for all we know the show societies might not WANT the rainbow on the showgrounds after the incident in sweden. there are many reasons as to why the rainbow might not be on the grounds and we as the "general public" don't know exactly why that is. there is maybe 2 or 3 people that MIGHT know why it's not and they might not be allowed to actually give us any information. I am sure as soon as someone has a confirmed fate as to what is happening with the ride they will let us all know.
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

I know that the Rainbow hasn't made any appearance since the incident at Sweden, but there are still some if not all Rainbows active worldwide. I can only hope the ride would make a comeback soon, because it is still a safe ride despite all the problems it suffered.
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

I'd trust an ali baba any day over the rainbow! A much better design, light weight, but in my opionion, much stronger, safer, and appealing!
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the statement of the Ali Baba having a better design, because if you look at the Rainbow, it is far more visually appealing in terms of design, and it stays superior to the other rides taking advantage of the concept. To be fair, the Ali Baba isn't a bad ride. I have to agree that it seems a bit safer to ride than Rainbow, maybe because A.R.M. uses different mechanics for the ride, but my only complaint is that is suffers from mediocrity, and that's the reason why I choose not to ride Ali Baba and stick with Rainbow instead. If A.R.M. tried to up the thrill factor of Ali Baba by having it soar as high or higher than Rainbow, produce more weightless sensation, it would have been a better ride.

Heck, if Rainbow isn't safe to go on anymore, wouldn't it be also unsafe to ride the Huss Ranger? They both use the same mechanics, you know.
PowerWave

Post by PowerWave »

the basic mechanics of the ride are the same, however the way that the gondola on the rainbow is attached to the main boom is different. and correct me if i'm wrong but that was where the failure happened. I'm fairly sure I read somewhere about the height of the rainbow and ali baba being the same. The only major difference to the ride experience would be the feeling of the ride at the top as rainbow is driven by hydraulics (smoother) and ali baba is ran by gears much like the Kamikaze. that and the rainbow has lap bars instead of the overhead restraints.

I personally wouldn't say one ride is safer than the other, but still.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

dont even get me started on ALI BABA.... Actually has nothing on RAINBOW..

and Ranger doesnt use the same mechanics, the lower arm is just an arm, doesnt have any mechanics inside to keep the gondola upright like Rainbow
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

The only problem is that so many people think that the Ali Baba is much better than Rainbow just because it never broke down. Honesty, the Ali Baba is a boring ride, either from watching it or riding it. Either way to me, it's a stinker.

Sorry if I didn't get my info on the Rainbow right when comparing it to the Ranger. I was trying to back up my argument.
PowerWave

Post by PowerWave »

i have not personally rode the Rainbow, but I have rode the ali baba... I wouldn't go as far to say that it's a boring ride though. However the rainbow does have a nicer look to it than the ali baba. The rainbow looks like something that should be in a theme park, whereas the Ali Baba looks more like a carnival type ride. I can see the appeal for the ali baba from a operators point of view... 1 trailer vs 3...
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Power, if you had ever been at some of the carnivals, back in the mighty Wittingslow days, you would realise that the Rainbow has a huge place in our carnival history, whether it was looking over the entire Moomba midway at Alexandra Gardens or welcoming riders with its smiling face at the front of the carnival at the Easter Show.
Seeing as you have never ridden the ride, and coming from someone who has spent money, just on flying upto Sydney to experience this massive amazing Huss machine for the past few years, you have no idea on how insanely amazing and fun this ride is. The Ali Baba joins the group of manufactures that tried, but failed to match that of HUSS. Just because one in Sweden had an accident, doesn't put a huge shadow of doubt over the rest of the models operating. Most have had the work done, and with a bit of luck, our once great attraction will shine its sun over some of our great shows, now filled with one trailer headaches.
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

one trailer headaches better then 3 :P
PowerWave

Post by PowerWave »

HUSS, unfortunately the Wittingslow days were before I really got into the carnival scene. I never once denied that the Rainbow was a significant attraction for the industry. I can see all your points, but I was also putting my points across in regards to the Ali Baba. Obviously I can't compare it to the Rainbow, but I wouldn't call it a bad ride by any means really... I'd rather an Ali Baba than no ride to be honest.

Sadly in these days and the prices of fuel, the Ali Baba is a more economical choice. Here's hoping that Rainbow does make a return to the Sydney show this year so I can finally have a ride. I have been on the HUSS ranger though and if the Rainbow is anywhere near as smooth as that ride I can imagine how the Rainbow must feel.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Although ALI BABA may be an economical choice..... Hauling 3 trailers around isnt impossible.... look at Space Roller for example, 3 trailers, and one of the most travelled rides in Australia. I do think Rainbow will be back eventually.... in Sydney its one of the most popular rides on the midway, and that is saying a lot, since it's been in the country for over 20 years!
PowerWave

Post by PowerWave »

Exactly, I know it's not impossible... but it''s a more popular choice not to. I also really hope that Rainbow comes back.
ocs

Post by ocs »

Hi just to let you know the rainbow missed a spot again this year at sydney keep up the good work maybe next year
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That's a real shame, just another year for the ride to wear away down at Edmondson Park. Good on you O'Neill's, maybe if you's could be bothered to do some cosmetic work aswell as mechanical work to the ride, it may have been back on the show. Or even better sell it?
princess

Post by princess »

Well said TG, where's the like button
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

At least there will be an Ali baba on!! :) and hope maybe melbourne show will have a few more on this year!! :)
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

TG / Princess, I disagree, if OCS had been given the green light it was on at RES 2011 I'm sure it would have had the cosmetic work it requires (which is not a lot, given what work was already done to it a few years ago)
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

The "green light" isn't given until the ride is up to scratch. When applying to get on to the shows you must provide recent photos as part of the application