Christmas Carnivals 2010/11

Public Forum
benclare

Re: Christmas Carnivals 2010/11

Post by benclare »

Thanks as usual Huss. What is Disco Show 2000? Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere.

Anyway, was at The Entrance earlier today and came across a really small carnival on the lake. It was a far cry from what used to appear there and it was sort of sad to see. Pavier's have long since packed up and gone to Gosford with their major gear but some of their older stuff is at the Entrance for the holidays, including a really old but well maintained Tilt that runs very quickly. The other attractions consist of inflatables and food vans. Can't wait to do Gosford Waterfront!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

disco is one of those smaller miami rides....
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Portland VIC: TPA Shows
Dodgems
Cliffhanger
Scrambler
Superslide
Various kiddy rides and games

Port Fairy VIC: Various operators
Dodgems
Superslide
Sizzler
Rocket simulator
Kiddy rides and games

Warnambool VIC: Cetek & Laurie
Hangover
Cha Cha
Dodgems
Magic Circus

Apollo Bay VIC: FJF
Sky Flyer
Carnevil
Twin Flip
Dodgems
Various kids rides and games

Portarlington VIC: Lynch, Hamilton, Verfurth
Kamikaze
Dodgems
Miami
Sky Diver
Slide
Kiddy rides and games

Barwon Heads VIC: Johnsons
Cha Cha
Funhouse
Roundup
Teacups
Games

Anglesea VIC: Evans, Zacchini, Davis
Energy Storm
Zipper
Alpine Express
Dodgems
Kids Coaster
Kiddy rides and games
benclare

Post by benclare »

Wow I didn't know the Skydiver was still operating here!

A bit strange Crazy Coaster isn't doing TPA's carnival. Does anyone know where it is operating over the holidays if anywhere?

Off to LPS to check out the Disco ride next week as part of a conference I'm attending.
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

I went to the apollobay canival which was pretty good. It was the first time i had been on twin flip and i also went on the sky flyer. The twin flip is one of the very few rides that has actually made me really dizzy
Jaffa23

Post by Jaffa23 »

Really Zamperla???

A Skydiver?

As in a Chance skydiver???

As in a half a wheel burrow???

"Get your motor running, Head out on the highway, Lookin' for adventure, In whatever comes our way”

Jaffa23
PowerWave

Post by PowerWave »

i think skydiver is actually a paratrooper if i am not mistaken.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yep Sky Diver is a paratrooper. Australia does have a Chance Skydiver, it is owned by Gary O'Neill but hasn't operated for a decade.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Whose Zipper was at Anglesea?
ImageImage
PowerWave

Post by PowerWave »

Zacchini's I would assume as Davis's has not operated in a while.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yep it was Zacchini's regular Zipper Xmas stop.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Husky carnival has been going quite well this year, numbers are well up with the advertising we have done with the newer rides there. Just a shame yesterday with the heavy downpour, we were meant to run in conjunction with the markets from 10-2 with all our earnings going towards a number of local charities in the Shoalhaven. Just a bummer we were unable to open as we had over 100 mm of rain, one of the largest amounts of rain seen in anyone day down here.

I've been working on the Hurricane and did a night on the Dodgems (that's usually the ride i work but had a change with a few of the locals working there), all rides have been going well. At the moment I'm here until friday but looking at staying longer. Have a heap of photos to upload aswell.

Also got to bell's carnival on the 27th, wasn't to busy and they're down on numbers the last I heard in between the weekend before christmas - the 27th. Turbo is NOT there as its still being worked on. A few of the rides are being re-painted down there aswell which is great news with Bell's, always looking after their newer and older gear.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Zamperla wrote:
Warnambool VIC: Cetek & Laurie
Hangover
Cha Cha
Dodgems
Magic Circus

hey Zamperla, isnt the ultimate party machine at warrnambool this year?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Correct - thought I may have forgotten one or two. Nice spot in Warnie. Good atmosphere.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The night before I started working at Huski I decided to take a drive down to Bateman's Bay and check out Bell's Christmas Carnival. Must say it was pretty dead as the weather wasn't the best but they hadn't had any decent crowds since they'd opened (I was there on the 27th Dec). Dunno how they ended up going but Bateman's Bay had more rain than Ulladulla or Huski over the holiday period. New addition to the carnival this tear was the Crazy Raft, not in the best spot up the back corner of the carnival kind of hidden away. No Limit there once again and the almighty Thunderbolt. Here's the photos I got:

Carnival:

Big Wheel:

Ski Jump:

Cha Cha:

Wipeout:

ParaTrooper:

Swinger:

Tornado:

Crazy Raft:

Music Trip:

ThunderBolt:

No Limit:

Enjoy!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got the chance to work Joyland's Christmas Carnival over the holiday period. Had a hectic time down there, alot of fun to be on holiday then work for a few hours of the night. Joyland's went all out this year taking everything except for the gear in LPS. The 2 new staple attractions were of course the Pirate's Revenge and the Wild West Family Coaster. A few more of their kids rides also were taken down this year including the Fantasy Cups and the Flying Fish which was recently refurbished over winter, which is what used to be the old Helicopter ride. We did alot of advertising while down there and had fireworks on the last night which was the busiest night that has ever happened at the carnival.

We also organised to run 2 charity days. Unfortunately the first one which was meant to run along with the Lions Club markets got rained out, Huski saw the most recorded rain in quite a few years, over 100mm's. Our 2nd one went ahead though which we did on the last day (23rd Jan). We opened 10-2 during the day and raised a fantastic amount along with the Lion's Club, we raised $9500 which was a great effort.

There was only 2 nights that we couldn't open due to the weather but most nights we had good crowds, the 3 nights before new years we were flat out and generally alot of our nights we were very constant. I was working on the Hurricane down there, also did a few nights on the track and a night on the flume. But great fun, met alot of people while there who make your work more enjoyable. Anyway here's the photos I got:

Carnival:

Round Up:

Super Slide:

Wild West Coaster:

Flying Elephants:

Fantasy Cups:

Cha Cha:

Hurricane:

Dodgem Track:

Flying Fish:

Wild Chairs:

Pirate's Revenge:

Sorry about the wait, computer had been out getting repaired and I've been busy. Anyway guys enjoy!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Great pics!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Great work TG (better late than never) well captured for both carnivals. In many ways Bell's and Joyland's are similar - both companies put great effort in the all-important presentation and general up-keep of their rides.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I was going to say that, and Bells gear is looking AMAZING right now. In particular the Music Trip and the Cha Cha. It's by far the cleanest unit we have in Australia, and I noticed the seat dividers on the ride. This will actually mean I can ride with someone and not get completely killed!

I love the gondola lights on the Music Trip, but the fluro's look a bit faded and will probably be replaced soon. I also noticed the lightning bolts on the backdrop too. IMO that ride is one of Australia's best presented, They don't need any more lights on that unit, just replace those fluro tubes and it would look 110% complete!
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

More pics of the Swinger please! I'd like to see it racked with it's tow vehicle too!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks guys, yeh Hurricane Bell's had the Music Trip repainted at the same time Sydney Show was on last year, as you can see Taylor Swift and Angus Young got painted on along with the bottom panel being repainted. And those lights on the backdrop have always been there too.

Only got that one photo of the Swinger, wanna see anymore check the christmas carnival folders from the last few years. And no I haven't got any pics of it racked
redhot

Post by redhot »

Nice photos Topgunner, looks like you had a good time over xmas..
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Top Gunner14 wrote:Only got that one photo of the Swinger, wanna see anymore check the christmas carnival folders from the last few years. And no I haven't got any pics of it racked
Well, maybe next time.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Does anyone know if Bell's Swinger or Joyland's chair ride are towed by normal vehicles, or is it with trucks?
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Zamperla wrote:Does anyone know if Bell's Swinger or Joyland's chair ride are towed by normal vehicles, or is it with trucks?
I think the Swinger is hauled by a truck as it has a kingpin and not a conventional hitch.