FUN FACTORY SOUTH YARRA

Public Forum
tziolasamusements

FUN FACTORY SOUTH YARRA

Post by tziolasamusements »

anyone got old photos of fun factory to share on this?
i lost some of photos could not find it anywhere
anyone got story to share?
remember used went there many times when i was teenager and my mate worked on dodgem cars and gravition ride also many different games inside the fun factory warehouse
also cha cha was there for short time to replace gravition
there is rollerstaker on the 2nd floor were great fun in old days
went there few months ago there nothing inside empty no wonder what they are going to use? anyone knows the information?
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: FUN FACTORY SOUTH YARRA

Post by Zamperla »

I never did get to go to it but have often wondered whose Grav it was they had inside, anyone know? Also what year did it close? Deafshow, is it on a site near a Fantastic Furniture store? Every time I drive past I wonder if that was where it used to be.
tziolasamusements

i think luna park melbourne co-owner the fun factory and owned the gravition when they pull down replace to cha cha and move to luna park melbourne im not sure just know the information from former manager from luna park. yes the gravition was inside when i see it ride on it also the Fantastic Furniture was used fun factory which are games site and you can see in the background it is ex dodgem track and laser room also 2nd floor still have rollerstaker track have not remove yet so we should go and seek in to take photos
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Deafshow no, I don't think this could've been possible, as the Grav was installed new in LPM from Kevin Ferarri in 1984 till its removal in 2001, and I know the FF Grav was there during some of this time, at the same time. The owner of LPM in this period was racehorse owner, Dennis Marks but I have no idea who owned FF (unless you are meaning he also owned FF, but I dont think this was the case, as I did have a fair bit to do with the park towards the later years of Dennis' ownership)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Is it possible that it was the Gravitron that was at Dreamworld until recently?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yeah quite possible - any idea when the gravitron first appeared at Dreamworld Hurri? I'm only guessing but I think Fun Factory closed around 1990-ish.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well... going by old park maps found on the internet... it appears the ride wasn't on the map in 1991 but was on the 1994 map when Wipeout was added. So I guess i'll have to shoot off an e-mail to the park and see just what they say but it's seeming likely this could be the unit.

EDIT: Dreamworld has responded to me on Facebook and the Gravitron was installed in 1990 at Dreamworld, However it's still unconfirmed weather this is the unit in question as people are saying Dreamworld's came from Expo 88
tziolasamusements

thanks for info for the gravition. someone had mistake giving me information about the gravition.
i used go there FF in 1986 to 1996 after that i worked with wittingslow then dont have time to go there not sure what year they closed? maybe 1997?
benclare

Post by benclare »

I had thought the Gravitron from World Expo, known as Orbitron was sold to a theme park in Japan but I maybe wrong about that.

What was the full ride line-up at Fun Factory? I had never heard of this place previously.