ultra-light plane has crashed into a ferris wheel near Taree

Public Forum
tooheyzz

ultra-light plane has crashed into a ferris wheel near Taree

Post by tooheyzz »

Incredible No-One was injured ...

AN ultra-light plane has crashed into a ferris wheel at a local fair on the NSW mid-north coast. Two people are trapped in the plane, which crashed into the fair grounds at around 10am today at Old Bar Beach Road in Old Bar, near Taree, a spokesman from NSW Rural Fire Service said

The ultra-light - a Cheetah S200 - is currently stuck in the ferris wheel, police said.

The pilot and passenger were not injured in the crash.

A spokesman for the Rural Fire Service confirmed that the two children who were trapped on the ferris wheel have now been rescued.

They have not been injured.

Cranes has been brought in to assist with the rescue, which is being undertaken by the Rural Fire Service, Fire Rescue, Police and ambulance.

Local resident Gary Jones said his nine-year-old twin boys got off the ferris wheel just seconds before the plane hit.

"It was a hell of a shock," Mr Jones sais.

"My sons were on the ferris wheel ... they got off probably 60 seconds before (the plane hit)."

He said the plane "didn't sound right" as it came over.

It is not yet known what caused the accident.

AAP

Funderstruck

Re: ultra-light plane has crashed into a ferris wheel near T

Post by Funderstruck »

First thing I thought of was I hope it's not the Smalls Ferris Wheel, that's the last thing they need to lose their other major earning ride. Doesn't look like theirs though, not sure who owns it.

Glad everyone is ok and hope the Ferris is repairable.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep a very lucky and eventful day for all involved and a great story to tell too! I reckon the Wheel will work again.
PNC

Post by PNC »

It is Clay Gills I'm pretty sure