What Rides Do You Hate?

Public Forum
Mixerholic

What Rides Do You Hate?

Post by Mixerholic »

I am passionately against Ali Baba because it looks as it performs. Crap. It doesn't thrill me in any shape or form anymore, instead it just makes me wanna chuck! Also I am no fan of Hard Rock! It's just a smaller version of The Claw (Dreamworld) which is far more superior. It probably doesn't help when you ride Hard Rock on a miserable day and you're the only one on it! As much as I want to dish The Pirate, I simply can't. It maybe an oversized kids' swing but it as a classic in it's own right. I respect it by not riding it because I don't want to ruin the day of my fellow riders.
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
princess

Re: What Rides Do You Hate?

Post by princess »

I liked Hard rock much better than the claw!! Surprisingly I have ridden them both, just goes to show we all have different tastes.
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

princess wrote:I liked Hard rock much better than the claw!! Surprisingly I have ridden them both, just goes to show we all have different tastes.
I may have enjoyed Hard Rock more if it was a full load on a sunny day and an awesome armosphere... I should give the poor pendulum another go only if there is going to be a full load. Riding it alone is more awkward than laughing at your own jokes even though no-one thinks that they're funny.
princess

Post by princess »

Well I did have company and it was a beautiful day. :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

dont even start on the PIRATE, that's classic HUSS engineering right there! amazing ride!
Ali Baba...well we know my reasons.

Not really a fan of Energy Storm, and im purely commenting on the engineering of the ride....It looks terrible, whoever let it out of the factory needs a good kick to the head!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

princess wrote:Well I did have company and it was a beautiful day. :D
That day on Hard Rock was amazing, we need to do it again!

As far as rides that I don't like... I wasn't a huge fan of Chaos or Claw (Durkins) as the harnesses hurt my shoulders alot. I'm also not a fan of Techno Jump either as it hurts my legs haha.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

I love hard rock! I've never had a bad go on it yet.. Also energy storm does look pretty bad but holy crap can it give you a good ride!! I had a joke with the operator at last years paniyiri festival. I asked him what he reckoned of pickets extreme. No reply but Jesus didn't he show me what the energy stom machine could do! Woah I was close to blacking out and I couldn't feel my right arm or leg!

The only ride I do dislike is mixer. Clunky, ugly and uncomfortable. Sorry mixer..
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Force10 I respect your opinion on the mixer and I would love to try out the energy storm.
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Also a few more rides that I don't like are Hurricane because I get very nausiated and Top Gun because I'm not very comfortable (no thanks to my awesome legs :lol: ) and also going over the top is just TOO FLIPPING SLOW!!!! Also when we go over the top I feel like I'm gonna fall out because my legs turn into frogs legs and they just wanna escape the harness!!!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Wouldn't say i hate any ride... I find Energy Storm uncomfortable, last time I rode the harness' really dug into my legs. Ali Baba's are boring, would rather a Music Trip any day over them.

I find Hard Rock to be one of the best rides travelling, awesome sensation of weightlessness and always have a fun ride on it
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Hangover
benclare

Post by benclare »

I don't think I hate any rides either. I always give everything a go once and then just pick the ones I like best next time I'm at the carnival or amusement park. The only ride I could say I disliked was the Scorpion and even then it was one particular ride as I have had good times on it too. Not long before Goldenway sold it, I rode it at the Easter Show and for some reason, it didn't do nice things to my head and made me feel very dizzy indeed. It could've had something to do with the ride cycle. I'm not joking, it lasted twelve minutes and I just about fell down the stairs when getting off; never again!
speederbrad95

Post by speederbrad95 »

the midnight madness is rough as(first Ali i've been on). i like the ride that the big whizzer gives (if it's a good operator) but the lap bar is uncomfortable for me as it sits hard against my legs hard rock was awesome and the March's hurri's regular generator is just way too loud
Sit Back Hold Tight Here We Go!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

benclare wrote:I don't think I hate any rides either. I always give everything a go once and then just pick the ones I like best next time I'm at the carnival or amusement park. The only ride I could say I disliked was the Scorpion and even then it was one particular ride as I have had good times on it too. Not long before Goldenway sold it, I rode it at the Easter Show and for some reason, it didn't do nice things to my head and made me feel very dizzy indeed. It could've had something to do with the ride cycle. I'm not joking, it lasted twelve minutes and I just about fell down the stairs when getting off; never again!
Yeh depends on the operator they can make you be turned off a ride. Like you with the Scorpion, like any ride it should be run long enough so you're satisfied and get the thrill but at the same time not being long enough so that you wanna jump back on for more and get that adrenaline rush or whatever it is you're after.

You could run any ride for 10 mins but what's the point, you'll just make anyone sick and queazy...
redhot

Post by redhot »

Sorry SKYWALKER, yours seats are just too uncomfortable in the groin area!
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

redhot wrote:Sorry SKYWALKER, yours seats are just too uncomfortable in the groin area!
They don't call it Tango for nothing!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

it's more the shoulders that hurt...
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:it's more the shoulders that hurt...
For me personally they should've called it "Rocket To Uranus" hehe :P
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

KMG need to do an update... put some SPEED seating on it, and see how that goes!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

But that's one part of the thrill of it though, standing up and being held in just around your waist and shoulders. Awesome ride, always gets me seeing stars
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Top Gunner14 wrote:But that's one part of the thrill of it though, standing up and being held in just around your waist and shoulders. Awesome ride, always gets me seeing stars
I think the ride is awesome! It was my first KMG experience and I loved it! I just don't like getting ahem... It's fun doing it handz up!!!
Rachel0298

Post by Rachel0298 »

Hurricane wrote:
princess wrote:Well I did have company and it was a beautiful day. :D
That day on Hard Rock was amazing, we need to do it again!

As far as rides that I don't like... I wasn't a huge fan of Chaos or Claw (Durkins) as the harnesses hurt my shoulders alot. I'm also not a fan of Techno Jump either as it hurts my legs haha.

you're not a fan of the techno jump?
aha crazy!
just kidding, a ride I love hate sort of thing is the rockstar, I've gone on it a few times but each time I still have to convince myself to go on it, it's really fast when going through the station and sometimes you can feel the harnesses moving side to side which worries me a bit, even though I know I'll be fine. (I haven't been on many rides, don't judge, huge wimp right here)
princess

Post by princess »

The first time I rode Techno I had a bruise on my back for three weeks
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, Techno isn't really good for people that are really tall. I didn't mind the actual ride, just came off hurting alot... same as the Ex. Durkin's Claw. The OTSR's really hurt my shoulders as they were hard as rock. And if I want to bounce alot, I'll go for the king of bouncy bouncy and that's the Hurricane... *sigh* I need to track one down for a ride, it's been over a year :(
princess

Post by princess »

Another ride we enjoyed together Hurricane, Youngs at fishers ghost, I think that was the highest I had experienced.