First upside down ride?

Public Forum
Rachel0298

First upside down ride?

Post by Rachel0298 »

Well, me being the wuss I am have never experienced a ride that goes upside down. So, I was wondering what ride would be not too intense for my first upside ride? :)
benclare

Re: First upside down ride?

Post by benclare »

My first upside Down experience was on Rock-n-Roll and it blew me away at the time! Hangover is probably a good ride to start on as it offers loads of upside down time as well as a familiar swinging ship action so you'll have plenty of time to get used to it. Then you could try Free Style, XXXL and No Limit if you find yourself adicted to being inverted... Don't forget Extreme also!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I would agree with Ben in saying a Kamikaze type ride is a good first looping ride. My first ever upside down ride was Arkham Asylum (the old lethal weapon) at Movie World followed by Dreamworlds Wipeout. As far as carnival rides my first was Space Roller. But yeah, something like Hangover or maybe XXXL / Extreme would be a good starter ride.
Rachel0298

Post by Rachel0298 »

Okay, thank you both. I'm hoping the Kamikaze will be at the Melbourne Show this year, hopefully I won't chicken out, haha :)
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

My first upside down ride was the Pharaoh's Curse at LPM! The Hangover is a must Rachel! If I see you at the Show I will be your ride buddy! Don't worry the Hangover isn't scary at all. It's actually alot of fun when you're on with the right people :)
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
Rachel0298

Post by Rachel0298 »

Mixerholic wrote:My first upside down ride was the Pharaoh's Curse at LPM! The Hangover is a must Rachel! If I see you at the Show I will be your ride buddy! Don't worry the Hangover isn't scary at all. It's actually alot of fun when you're on with the right people :)
This makes me feel much better about upside down rides, thanks :)
Monkeypie

Post by Monkeypie »

My first was The Demon at wonderland. I don't mind the shockwave for upside down nothing too intense :)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Started on the Zipper, one of the best upside down rides you could go on
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

My first and last upside down ride was skywalker. I dont do upside down or heights.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

first was the Huss Enterprise.... loved it!
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Ranger at Luna Park Sydney
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

My First upside down ride was XXXL when it started off at Ekka ! Should decently give this one ago !
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

my first is on wittingslow's superloops 1986 while i was aged 6!
princess

Post by princess »

You win!!!
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Wow you braved the loop at age 6 I'm impressed it was scary at 12 for me haha. You do win! The ranger was my first time upside down and I hated the OTS restraint it hurt so much, I was only 11 and small enough to think I was falling out since I was well and truly out of my seat and balancing on the restraint every time it went over the top. I enjoy it more now of course. Maybe the padded lap bar holding me in Super Loops is one reason I enjoyed that ride ride so much. I didnt mind falling out of my seat with the padded bar holding me secure. I hope the loop comes back one day it was a spectacular ride.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good gosh I was terrified of upside down and most other types of rides when I was 6! I think I was 9 when I really started getting into them, around World Expo 88. That was around the time I first encountered the Super Loop too, not my first upside down ride as mentioned here but definitely the scariest! It was at the Royal Easter Show and I remember being initially fascinated by the sound of the ride in motion and begging to have a go because it sounded like fun. Shortly after that, around 1990 I think, it was at Wittingslow's amusement park in Darling Harbour where it operated almost constantly until 94, traveling occasionally to shows around the country.
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

yeah i grew up with wittingslow rides and worker asked me to pop in superloops with my sister i were scared to go in but somehow she pushed me to go in then i hold my arms tight under the lap bar thick black leather foam when the ride go upside down stop at 12 clock i put my hands on the top roof of carraige my leg were knee on the lap bar i feel like i am going slip out and free out the room of carriage which i am small boy but the ride goes upside down in second lucky! the best memories with my heart beating fast!
princess

Post by princess »

Good memories for you, :)