Carnival rides owner robbed, kidnapped and dumped on the M7

Public Forum
Top Gunner14

Carnival rides owner robbed, kidnapped and dumped on the M7

Post by Top Gunner14 »

GUN-wielding bandits forced a carnival rides owner into a car and later dumped him on the side of a highway during a robbery last night.
Three men armed with a gun burst into Amusement Hire Services on Wentworth St, Clyde and tied up the business owner, John Phelan, and two staff as they returned from a festival in Lakemba where they had been working about 11.50pm.

The thieves dragged the men into the office area and rummaged through cupboards and draws until taking Mr Phelan back outside into a car.

He was held captive inside the vehicle while the thieves drove off and was later found on the side of the M7 at Cecil Hills.

The two other employees managed to break from their bonds and rushed to a convenience store at the end of the street to call police once the thieves were gone.

Their fellow worker Ricky Osborne, 57, arrived at the scene just as they returned.

"They were tied up in the office and then they took the boss away and left the other two,'' Mr Osborne said.
"They found (Mr Phelan) on the M7 on the side of the road. I was talking to him (on the phone) just a minute ago.''

"He sounded alright,'' he said. "They just let him go and took off with the car.

"They did put the gun to the other two boys' heads. They took their phones and threw them in the front yard somewhere.''

Police said an amount of cash was stolen during the incident and a crime scene was established, which is presently being examined by the Forensic Armed Robbery Unit.

No one was injured during the incident.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/news/carnival-ri ... z24GKD5lLw

Shocking what happened to John Phelan and another 2 workers. Followed the trucks back to the yard to hold up Phelan and 2 of the workers, absolute dogs...
Top Gunner14

Re: Carnival rides owner robbed, kidnapped and dumped on the

Post by Top Gunner14 »

All the best to John and the workers for a good recovery from the trauma
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

What the hell is wrong with people these days?! My thoughts and prayers go out to John Phelan and the staff members involved, this is truly a disgusting thing to happen and hope that they recover (emotionally) soon. Luckily there was no physical injuries though...
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

This is seriously disturbing! I mean the stereotype of show people and carnival people is just wrong! I have a hell of a lot of respect for these guys because they travel around Australia and work their arses off! This stereotype of how they're drug-dealing, lying-cheating bastards is just wrong! There probably are a minority that do fit the stereotype, but 'carnies' have lives too! I may not be one, but I know that there are some really awesome guys travelling with their gear. I mean seriously if you're a bit too scared to talk to one, just talk to one and then you will see that they are normal people too! Peace out AAFers!
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
princess

Post by princess »

Did I miss something here, i did not see a negative comment? Most
of us a fully aware of how hard it is for showmen!!
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

princess wrote:Did I miss something here, i did not see a negative comment? Most
of us a fully aware of how hard it is for showmen!!
I wasn't saying there was any negative comments. I was just letting out my feelings about this situation. Sorry if I was misleading :)
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks for clarifying. I was a bit confused
benclare

Post by benclare »

It seems no one is safe any more. Am so glad to hear everyone is okay and hopefully the idiots who did the robbery and kidnapping will be caught.