Ekka 2007

illusions

Post by illusions »

honestly, I dont think they will change it because the other capital shows will not agree with it. all the capitals rely on the same showman every year to bring there rides. And finally if ekka decides to change there dates to compete against each other well wat about the showman with all these new rides they have to work the majority of the capitals to pay off these new beaut rides. But at the end of the day its up too the show societies isnt it???? interesting
illusions
princess

Post by princess »

Yes illusions, very interesting, wonder what the showmen are saying.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I think this outcome. The showmen must b talkin about this and what will happen with the new rides and everythin else

Cheers
Top Gunner14
illusions

Post by illusions »

There hasnt been alot of talk about the change of date as yet but i do recall sydney changed the dates this year for the show and it did cause confusion amongst the regional shows because alot of the horse events you need points and to get them you have to compete at these smaller shows nw when sydney moved, top Australian horseman missed out riding at sydney because they didnt have enough points. So EKKA has to look at everything just not at the showman, Because at the End of the day showman can go to the next place....
illusions
princess

Post by princess »

Illusions, the Ekka would be a big lose for the showmen, yeah they can go to the next place, but it is a big money earner, to loose a Capital, completely is irreplacable, some of these people have their payments for their rides that are based on the income from Ekka.

Yes there was a lot of problems with Sydney with the date changes and I am sure the Ekka committee will be looking very carefully at where and what it can do. There is no show without Punch, so to speak, so I do not think that they would not confir with the Showmens Guild, regarding the hows the whats the whens.
grateride

Post by grateride »

the the ekka is not a guild show so the committee dose not have anythink to do with guild it`s self
illusions

Post by illusions »

yes that is correct the show society can do wat they like the showman will not have alot of say at all
illusions
princess

Post by princess »

Yes that is true, I still think that they would have to consider where all other showmen would be at other times of the year guild or not, the Guild are the bigger organisation, surly some input would be recommended.

Anyway I heard the President talk last night, he is now saying that it is not very high on the agenda.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm sure everything will work out right. Even if next year's Ekka dates change, they will make sure the majority of ride owners can get there as Moove Alley is a major attraction and it draws a lot of people in.
princess

Post by princess »

The crowds are reportedly down by 30 percent, pictures of sideshow allley show no one there, hopefully today they got some people there, this is all because of the flu warning.
benclare

Post by benclare »

That's right guys, get out there and populate those awesome rides as it's all over for another year after Saturday! :lol: The flu has scared lots of people away which is a real shame as the chances of catching it at the Ekka are probably minimal and the weather is so good up there at the moment; sounds like a perfect day out to me!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That's a shame with the numbers being down. Hopefully it will pick up again this week
princess

Post by princess »

At this stage I will be going tomorrow.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Have a great time if you go tomorrow Princess. I look forward to hearing all about your day!
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks Ben, I dont have a camera, I will do my best to be descriptive.