Nambour Show

Aussie Ride Broker

Nambour Show

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Well this week is the Nambour (Sunshine Coast) Show from the 14th-16th June.

Line up is basically the same as Caboolture with a few rides that were also up at Toogoolawah.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
PNC

Post by PNC »

i hope the rides do better there than at caboolture
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

i dont know what it is with Caboolture people the show society put on areally good show and there are always a good ride line up but the people just dont seem to support it . Such ashame and I wont be doing it again .
princess

Post by princess »

Thats a shame Balloon Man, sounds like they need some new blood in the Society, to get people more interested in their show, i.e. Rodeo, Motor cross or something to get people to the show, this is just my humble opinion, is there enough advertising aimed at the right people.
PNC

Post by PNC »

i wanted to attend caboolture show this year as its my local show, and i thought my rock wall would do good, but it seems as though no one did alot, if im asked to go back i will, simply to support the show.

as for advertising, i dont see alot around town, they do alot more here to promote the urban music festival, and i have been told the caboolture markets really hurt the show, which is very unfortunate as i dont think they will ever stop.

would it be benificial for showmen to advertise shows as they travell? in return maybe show societies lower the rent ( as the added people through the gate would make up for it ) just an idea
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

Thanks Princess

Princess and PNC your probably right. Iam alocal from around the area and didnt see much advertising at all. They had a rodeo , monster trucks and fireworks on both evenings Princess
princess

Post by princess »

If you are competing with anything else, re. Markets, that makes it even harder, people do not go to both, why are the markets and the show on at the same time, can this be changed.

I know that in NSW where there have been independent shows, competing with super carnival's (Speers Point, Newcastle Show) the Showmen's guild did do alot of their own advertising, with very benificial results, but this costs heaps too, which in the end will come out of your profits PNC, in the early days with the circus's they would send a spruker ahead of the show, drumming up the event, even putting up posters in shop widows, on telegraph poles, getting the people very excited, this is very hard where you are all individual people, maybe this is something a delegate could do.
Last edited by princess on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

markets and show arent on at the same time but the markets usally quite big and are held every Sunday except show week end. most locals go to markets because they can get most things at the market as what they can at show except the big rides and its free to get into markets
princess

Post by princess »

You know free entry is getting a lot more common, not sure how this effects the society
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

Redcliffe have free entry on the first day of the show and it seems to be the go as that was one of there busy days maybe all show should do this or reduce entry fee i recong they would get alot more people and would probably work out better for them
PNC

Post by PNC »

last year redcliffe only had a free gate till 4pm, but it seemed to work really well this year.

as for some advertising, it might cost, but you have to spend money to make it, i was thinking more along the lines of cheaper rent or part of the rent to advertising, obviously, both the society and the guild would need to come to an agreement.

im sure all ideas that are put forward will be considered