EKKA 2007 REVEIW!

HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

not hard to take tickets on a thrill ride
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good point, sorry bout that. It didn't come to my mind!
PNC

Post by PNC »

well i made it to the ekka on tuesady afternnon, was a poor crowd, but a good time for me to go on rides, had a go at:

Chaos: got a cheap go on this, i thought it looked scary but wasnt to bad, just an enjoyable ride, ride cycle couldve been longer, 7/10

Sky view: really enjoyable ride with great views also the only ride my wife came on with me, good ride cycle, but not thrilling enough for what i wanted funnily enough 7/10

Space Roller: always a fun ride with a good ride cycle and friendly staff, i could ride it all day 8.5/10

Hard Rock: still my favourite ride, pitty the staff that locked me in knew nothing about the ride whan i asked, had a good cycle 9/10

rockin tug: took my son on it, he was a little scared, but the staff that were there tried to help and let us off after one ride, we had the chance to stay on, great kids ride 7.5/10

No limit: i had a mate with me and said if he went on i would, i didnt think he would do it, so i was obligated, the staff driving the ride was really friendly and showed me how it all worked while i was in line, as for the ride, it was insane, i cant explain the pressure i felt as i came through the bottom upside down, i will definetly do it again, i rate this better than hard rock only due to the friendly staff 9.5/10

overall i had fun, pitty about the crowds, i only hope it picks up for the showmen.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good one PNC. I know what you mean about NO Limit, it's a huge thrill no doubt about that.

I think the crowds are picking up today which is a public holiday in Brisbane. Initial reports in the Courier-Mail say Show organisers are very happy with the number of people turning up so far today so hopefully the Showmen are getting huge crowds on the rides.

By the way, was Insanity working?
princess

Post by princess »

Glad you went on No Limit, it is one of my favorite rides to "watch", love it, love it, love it.

Mega Drop Lighting every night on the news looks fantastic, I havent seen it looking like this before in Sydney at night, I know I have mentioned this before recently, but it deserves another one, after seeing it tonight well done.
benclare

Post by benclare »

No Limit won the best extreme carnival ride award at this year's Ekka. To view the ride in action, just go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plXCBSOzsAs . This was filmed at this year's RES and you can actually hear NL if you listen really closely.
Last edited by benclare on Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princess

Post by princess »

Hey Ben hardly fair with your accute hearing :D

Lol then I have realised that the computer I am on at the moment has no sound. lol :D :shock: :oops:
benclare

Post by benclare »

:lol: You're really missing something without the sound! You can also hear the Taipan going in the background as it was located right next to No Limit back then.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The vid didn't come up 4 me!!!
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

me either :(
benclare

Post by benclare »

Sorry folks. I've edited the link and it appears to work now. :oops:
princess

Post by princess »

Lol Ben, you do have an excuse.
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

great video ben working for me now :D
princess

Post by princess »

So now I dont have to go to Ekka, I can watch it from my chair. :lol:
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

yes you do still have to go to ekka. to ride it lol :lol:

Post by x 648 »

I'm to scared to go on it.
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

just do it what have you got to lose!!! :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx ben. It's a great video. I'm too scared to ride it but nxt year, i'll have 2 conqurer it :wink:

Post by x 648 »

It goes to high for me!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

If that goes to high for u, well than u should see the others. This is the smallest out of the machines mondial make. There's the furizio(No Limit here thats 35metres even though it says on the machine its 42) and the big daddy:the capriolo which is 50 metres. I've seen pics of it and it looks enourmous :!: :!: :!: :shock:
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by x 648 »

they soud very high!!!?? Can anyone put metre's into feet for me please, i know feet! :?
princess

Post by princess »

lol x 648, I am the same, and Balloon Man the only thing I have to lose is my life, I am sure that Elwin does not want to have me die of a heart attack on his ride lol :lol: :shock:
princess

Post by princess »

Kiwi did you manage to go to Ekka
kiwi

EKKA Saturday

Post by kiwi »

Well I have finally been to a large Australian show and I was impressed, glad the weather was a lot warmer than home too.

Insanity didn't seem to work all day, otherwise most things seemed to work without too many hiccups. On a short return visit on Sunday the Wave Swinger must have burst a hydrualic hose, clean up crew eventually sorted it all out. Left before the ride started again.

In my opinion the show ciruit is heading more like England. Every one needs bigger flasher rides to compete, especailly louder music to outdo your neighbor. It's alright till the poor workers have to stand thier all day. From experience in England if never turned out good for your eardrums.

Otherwise had a great day out.

Still trying to work out the short video's I took
benclare

Post by benclare »

Can't wait to check out your videos! What rides did you go on?

You're right about the loud music. The Flashdance and Breakdance especially have extremely loud techno music which is good as you approach but terrible when you're sitting in a carriage that is parked right in front of the music system while the ride is being loaded. The almost constant "are you ready!" physically hurts my ears after a while. :)