Gatton Show 2008

katestow77

Gatton Show 2008

Post by katestow77 »

Hey Guys

just letting everyone know that the Gatton show is back in town on Friday and Saturday this weekend

the line up for this weekend is not yet finalised as alot of rides are still being set up i will update and post in the next few days.

so far we have.........

Shockwave
Fun factory
Ferris Wheel
Tilt
Cha Cha
Zipper
Bungy tramps
Mirror maze
Space ball
Hollywood Drive - dodgems
Hurricane
Music trip
Quads
Bubbles
Kids Rides
Joints

this is the line up so far if any thing else turns up i will post and let you guys know.
cheers katie
merlin

Post by merlin »

hi all

seems like the gatton show is set be a good show i hope to see a good turn out. its on again on Friday & Saturday

ive heard that hurricane is working a joint again should be funny to see a bit of a change from the ticket box.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well... the rumors are true... Daniel is working a joint again... Hopefully it could be a repeat of Coffs Jetty Carnival 06. I have also heard that Youngs Hurricane and Music Trip are coming out to Gatton, but have not arrived yet. If they show up either me, one of us will let you know.
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

hey guys

don't forget the show is on tomorrow and Saturday and just to confirm with you hurricane

yes youngs music trip and hurricane have arrived and are being set up.

hope to see you guys there
cheers katie
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Sounds like a good lineup for the show. Whose Zipper is there?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Johnny Castle's Zipper is at Gatton. Tonight was very busy, we didn't finish till 11:30. Shockwave also had a chunder on the 2nd last ride.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, so he has finally moved it from your front door step :lol: Great you guys had a good night, and by chunder, do you mean problem with the ride or someone throwing up their dinner :?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Uh... the 2nd option... and to think that me and pockets (another showie) were made to sit in the spew seat on the last ride when a heap of workers jumped on!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Lol, a bit of bad luck for you. :lol:
Turbo_X

Post by Turbo_X »

well i was at gatton show this weekend, and apart from the mud it was a very good show. not finishing till really late in the night. i will do a bit more of a review later tonight or tomorrow but there is one funny thing i'd like to mention that I saw.

on the bungee tramps there was a larger girl riding, and as she was bouncing she fell flat on her butt as 2 of the bungee ropes obviously snapped due to her being over the maximum weight. her face was absolutely priceless as she fell.
Turbo... The Xtreme Machine!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, I could imagine it and welcome Turbo X. Wonder where you got the name from Lol 8)
Turbo_X

Post by Turbo_X »

cheers for the welcome top gunner. as i promised here is a brief review of gatton.

the shockwave.

the ride was running rather smooth. not as rough as brian watkins kami, but not much smoother. another thing i noticed is the 2 arms are not in sync, you can notice it when stopping at the top. also only 1 side had the lights working. overall a mediocre ride.

however there was a really nice lady in the ticket box who was able to give me some general information on the ride. this lady is more than worthy of a pay rise.

fun factory.

the ride was looking worn out and in desperate need of a paintjob, there was also a fair bit of rust mainly in the roofs. when in the ball pit it felt like foot had hit a hole and was about to go through, not to mention my hand got pinched on the wire fences. the slide was also far too slippery and i nearly went a over t. my arse also got a good thumping on the way down.

there was also a scary looking guy working the ride, he was paying a almost creepy amount of attention to the children. he also had very bad BO and my kids even commented on that.

cha cha.

the ride has seen better days cosmetically, but the ride itself was incredibly forceful. it also lasted several minutes and the music is brilliantly chosen. the staff were friendly and efficient. a great ride every time.

that was all the rides i was able to do.
Turbo... The Xtreme Machine!
princess

Post by princess »

I really enjoyed your review too Turbo x, very descriptive :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good review Turbo X. No problems for the welcome 8)
illusions

Post by illusions »

yes very descriptive :roll: ........
illusions