Pine Rivers Show 2008

Hurricane

Pine Rivers Show 2008

Post by Hurricane »

Well, Pine Rivers show has been and gone... It was sporting a rather good lineup this year.

Cha Cha (Youngs and Taylors)
Tilt (Taylors)
Shockwave (Flaherty Family Amusements)
Dodgems

And a few others that I can't recall... my mind is doing stupids with me.

Anyway, me and Katestow headed down and managed to jump on a few rides, so I guess it's time for me to do my reviews.

Cha Cha (Youngs)

Well... what can I say... one of the most intense rides on a Cha I have EVER been on... The ride was quick to reach it's full speed, and once it had done that it slowed right down before speeding up again. This is the first time i've ever rode a cha that has done this... It repeated this three times before coming to a stop. Obviously the operator knew both me and Kate because we soon started back off again for another long whizz. My ribs are a bit sore afterwards but it was well worth it... I never thought I would give a Cha a rating higher than a 8 but this ride deserves a 9 / 10.

TILT:

Me and Kate, joined by 2 other showies on the last ride of the night made way for a very interesting ride. Now I havn't been on a Tilt a Whirl in several years... and I think it was for good reason! The ride started up and we didn't really spin much, but once it started going full pelt we were just constantly spinning and spinning! It wasn't exactly aided by the Operator (I think it may have actually been the owner) jumping on the platform and spinning us even more!

My eyes closed and my hands started going white as I let out the most gut wrenching scream as I was flung sideways right into kate! Just when I thought the ride was over...we started going the other way! And by god! Reverse is worse! Once again my face went white, and I let out another scream louder than the first, trying to hold onto my dinner which was ALMOST unsuccessful... Once the ride stopped I was that dizzy that Kate had to pick me up off the ground once I fell down the stairs! :oops:

This ride was almost as intense as my ride on No limit in 2006. A 9.5 out of 10!
Last edited by Hurricane on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good one mate!

Yes the Tilt can be very intense once it gets going; I remember having a blast on that thing at Grundy's many years ago. It was even better riding indoors too!

The Cha Cha you rode is also a good one. I rode it earlier this time at Castle Hil and Hawkesbury and had a similar experience to you and Kate; reaching full speed very quickly before slowing down and then speeding up again. I too had bruised ribs afterwards but it was worth it!

Glad you had a good time. :)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Cheers, We did have a very good time. It was great to catch up with some old mates that I hadn't seen in a while! My butt is still sore from falling down the Tilt stairs, but that might also be from the Bubble that me and Kate went on! God... I felt like such a kid that night!
princess

Post by princess »

Lol you pussy Hurricane, this was a regular for me, when I was growing up, with all the added extras. Also with the chair-o-plane the operator/owner, used to grab hold of the chair and swing you right out, now I find waveswingers very boring compared to being swung right out wide and high (whatever happend to you Solo)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Princess, would you like me to call you a pussy when you wuss out on the Zipper? :lol:
princess

Post by princess »

It was a tilt Hurricane, not a Zipper (ok you did have the flu) I know we have talked about this before, but some of these tilts are many many years old, they still keep on keeping on.

It was a great review Hurricane, very entertaining. :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Young's tilt is awesome. I'll have to try Clayton's Tilt and Brown's. Glad you had a good time
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Clayton's tilt is by far the best tilt I have ever been on. It is in great condition... maybe a quick touchup on the paint but it's a very well looked after ride. I was told it is around 50 - 60 years old at least.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, from the photos I've seen, it's a great looking ride. Young's has that old classic feel and Robert built it himself
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

hey guys

yea i must admit the rides that we did go on - cha cha ; tilt ; bubble & dodgems were absolutely awesome we had a great time catching up with some old mates was great as well.

cha cha (youngs) was great id have to say it was well worth the wait ive been waiting to ride it since bega show were the operator said i could jump on. id have to give it a 8 out of 10

the dodgems p & a - the ride operator was interactive loud and made the ride seem like it lasted a fairly long ride cycle id give it a 7 out of 10

the bubble (Watkins) was fun and a laugh a minute getting pulled down the slide by hurricane made it even more fun when i zapped him with static electricity a well desered 8.5 out of 10 with burkey giving nice long ride time

Tilt (clay taylor) the ride was great so much better than aussie worlds. to start we didnt spin much but once the op started to crank it we were spinning that much that it was strating to make hurricane feel sick and with his girly squeal that it made me laugh but n e ways a nice 8.5 out of 10
cheers katie
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

OMG... I forgot to mention the static electricity! It scared the patootie out of me!
princess

Post by princess »

This is what was supposed to be stamped out by showmen, to improve their profile, amongst the public, it gives such a bad rap, imagine if you were served food by this person, how long would someone be in business, I am continuley trying to support showies, where my personal friends and family are concerned, but they always come back to just this type of person, the people you put on show are a representation of yourselves, this is now more rare than it used to be, but clearly still an issue. :roll:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Wittingslow would have all their clothes laundered after every shift. (everyone gets changed before and after their day)

I think it speaks a thousand words to the all important public perception.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes the poor showies do have a bad name. Especially when mates of mine bag the sh** out of them as soon as I mention a show or something. Even my parents think lowly of them
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

hey guys

its a surprise to hear that about that particular company that u have mentioned as i no that are usually pretty strict when it comes to this sort of thing but under a jumper it may not be as noticeable but that being said u might be more sensitive to that sort of things or maybe this person that u mention is having a bad day. i cant comment any more on this matter.
cheers katie
princess

Post by princess »

NO NO NO, he might be a very nice person, but you cannot have someone that smells, looks dirty, as you front man, sure he can do other stuff, but not on public view, how many times do you hear "ugh a carny",
ok Hurricane what would you say if he sold Boost Juice, (would not happen, would it), no difference, you are on public view. Of course it is our place to comment, as I said before I am sick the death of trying to defend showies, (I think someone hit a nerve lol) I am not going to apologise for wanting people to be presentable. I even have mentioned to all our male staff, that maybe they should wear aftershave and also make sure they have used deoderant, (though I love aftershave, so that is for my benefit lol) :lol: :oops:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

i'll never forget the 2004 easter show, seeing March's wearing shirt and ties on the Wave Swinger... very classy....

I also love Watkins Space Roller polo tops...
Turbo_X

Post by Turbo_X »

there is no reason why he should not use deodorant and not have a clean uniform on if they really cared what people think

this is my opinion and my opinion only i do not mean to ruffle any ones feathers here but fair is fair.
Turbo... The Xtreme Machine!
princess

Post by princess »

I think we have all got our views across.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep, let's leave it at that. We've said what we've needed to say.
princess

Post by princess »

Please keep your personal issues out of this forum, this is neither the time or the place, we are just not interested, our moderators, will I am sure be viewing, the above comments.

Post by x 648 »

hey princess
you say that your not interested in whats going on , but yet you still get involved in it.?

TURBO X,
for your information this guy you keep rubbishing is always in a clean uniform and wears deodorant all the time. I don't know what your problem is but in your personal you say your a showie, well if you were a real showie you wouldn't be bad mouthing other showie's, as other's have already said in the past its stuff like this that gives showies a bad name. So stop telling lies about this guy. THIS STOPS NOW!!! I'm sick and tired of people like you that like to stir up trouble, ok sure your intilted to your opinion, BUT you have now gone past that.

So for everyone's information this guy at pine rivers show was in clean uniform each day, clean clothes, deodorant aswell and SHOWER"S!!!!

I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT!!!! NOT A GUESS
princess

Post by princess »

648 the point I withdraw from commenting, is when this got to the point of being about personal issues, up until then my comments were only of my experience and opinion, regarding the issue at hand, I do live in a free country, where I can have my opinion, my opinion was NOT meant about anyone ONE particular person, but an overall discussion, regarding presentation, when that line was crossed, I have tried do my best to leave this discussion well enough alone. This is my final comment on this topic.

Post by x 648 »

hey princess,
thanks for clearing that up for me i was just trying to under stand it. If i dissed you i'm sorry i never meant that for you, i have enjoyed the topics of the past and would like to see more in future. I know this is a free country and everyone is entilted to there opinion that is why i never spoke untill now.

now what has been said is said and lets leave it r.i.p