Gold Coast Show

Josh in Rocky

Gold Coast Show

Post by Josh in Rocky »

So do many people venture to the Goldy for this one? Or is there already enough cool stuff to do and no one cares?? hehe
Seeing as I missed the ekka (after months of planning) gonna take the wife and kids to Goldy for a few days and take in the show. Anyone else going??
"Slingshot , Engage"
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I will be going, not sure yet if I'm working or not... But I can tell you now that at least the following rides will be there.

SKYWALKER
Hurricane (Marchs)
WaveSwinger (Marchs)
Zipper (Ex. Wittingslow)
Shockwave (Flaherty's)

As for any other rides I am not sure on but I will let you know when I know.

Gold Coast Show has previously attracted other rides like the Force 10 and the Cyber Party so it will be interesting to see if they show up.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great line-up already. Yeh, I wonder if the Extreme Force will make a return and Cyber Party
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I sure hope so, the lineup is usually pretty good for this show.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, well it's already an awesome line-up.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

ooh i think i might brave the 40 min train ride for it. would really love to ride march's hurricane again, its been a few years! and im yet to see or ride shockwave.
when is it on?
Force10

Post by Force10 »

oh an force 10 might be there! woot. i will make it there in some form. if any one lives nearby, or can give a heads up wat will be there let us know!

cheers,
Force
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Be great to see extreem force cranking again. I found it on italintl site for sale the other day, don't know how old the listing was though, could be old as??? I remember when I was a younger chap the hype around it when it was advertised as Aussies fastest ride.. Ahh good times. Also came to Rocky 3 or 4 years ago too.
"Slingshot , Engage"
PNC

Post by PNC »

i dont think the force 10 will be there, as far as i know it is still in maitland, it was supposed to be at my fete this weekend however it wasnt worth travelling it all the way here for one job
Force10

Post by Force10 »

that's ashame.

the pink's should realise so many ppl wanna ride it again!! and the showman's guild should give it a few spots!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

So PNC, the ride is still travelling here and there? I've never ridden one before but from what people have said, sounds good.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

topgunner, if you ever see it ride it, but just a heads up its pretty boring by today's standards... cus it really doesn't do anything that interesting, its much like witt's enterprise, but the seats are different and there is no cage.
It was a mad ride in it's day, but like every ride its seen its day. i would just like to see it back for nostalgia, cus it was the first thrill ride i ever rode! and i guess it still goes pretty fast too. it makes my feet go numb, so thats pretty intense!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

It's one of the few rides around that I need to sit down after riding it... So that is saying something. I last rode it at the Cleveland Strawberry Festival around 2 years ago now... and what a ride.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep, that says something. I never usually have a rest after a ride. So I'll have to test this one when I see it or if I see it
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

PNC (or anyone else that may know),do you know if Extreme Force is doing regional shows in Vic.?.I must track this ride down again and see if it's still as great as I remember.It's been around 15 years since I last rode it,but I still rank it in my top ten favourites due to my fond memories of it's intensity.If it turns up at the Gold Coast show,can someone try to get some pics please.Would be good to see some pics of Shockwave too.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The Extreme Force is still at the Maitland showground and hasn't moved since the show in Feb/March, I forget which month the show was on
Force10

Post by Force10 »

It seems really strange to leave a ride for so long at a grounds! i know showman like to it sometimes to do an overhaul or waiting around to join another circuit, but this just seems weird. im assuming its all racked up but it still just kinda leaves it open for tampering, vandalism or worse theft. not to mention its just sitting out in the weather! surely they haven't had anyone with the ride all that time!

the verthurth's left there equipment set-up at my local grounds for 3 to 4 weeks, this was just before they put all out with the new theming on hangover. and march's would often leave their hurricane and big wizzer set-up or racked-up at my grounds for at least 2weeks after a show, but i came to the conclusion they were waiting around to join another run...

but this situation with force10 is just weird. anyone know of any other rides hangin about their local grounds for ridiculous amounts of time?
PNC

Post by PNC »

Aaron has just bought a new dodgem track, so he has been busy organising that i guess, i cant say when it will work again as i am not sure
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, I remember hearing Aaron getting a new dodgem track. I wouldn't really risk leaving my ride if I owned one at a showground for so long. Like as you said Force, graffiti, vandalism and left in the weathering.

I remember one year the Slingshot was left at Hawkesbury showground racked for about a week or two just after the show but that's not for a long time. Maybe it'll get picked up on their way to do the Victorian shows
princess

Post by princess »

Sometimes, there just isnt a driver to take to the next place, with the price of petrol, it could be too expensive to take with you, if you are not going to use it, also could be the only place to store, until you are on your way back to wherever your base maybe, maybe they dont have a base. Lots of reasons I suppose.
slomx5

Post by slomx5 »

when is this show on i wont to go sounds like fun
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

This weekend, the 29th, 20th and 31st.

True Princess, it would definately be costing the showies alot in fuel money to transport the rides to their destination and then to run them with the generators
slomx5

Post by slomx5 »

cheers i might go if i am not working is it like the ekka open early shut late
PNC

Post by PNC »

its this weekend
slomx5

Post by slomx5 »

are you going to go there pnc