MACKAY SHOW 2009

DEEFA DODGEM

MACKAY SHOW 2009

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Hi all,I've been flat out since getting back from Mackay and catching up on some sleep after a 22 hr day on the last day,but have got a review for you now.FJF's new Star Flyer made its debut at Mackay(I'm assuming so,as it wasn't at Rocky)and looked spectacular in action.It was about as tall as the Mega Drop and had 12 sets of double seats suspended on chains.Mackay had about the same amount of rides as Rocky:1 Dodgems-Shorts,2 Zipper-Shorts,3 Nitro Dodgems,4 Break Dance,5 Space Roller,6 Alpine Express,7 Ghost Pirates,8 Zipper-Davis,9 Techno Jump,10 Hard Rock,11 Sky Flyer,12 Big Whizzer,13 Hurricane,14 Fun Slide,15 Kamikaze,16 Sea Circus,17 Halloween,18 Sky Walker,19 Jumbo Slide,20 Extreme Speed,21 Energy Storm,22 Dodgems -Davis',23 Ali Baba,24 Crazy Cars,25 Haunted Hotel,26 Big Wheel,27 Daytona Dodgems,28 Mega Drop,29 Crazy Coaster,30 Cliff Hanger,31 Magic Circus,32 Ultimate Party Machine,33 Hang Over,34 Dodgems-Blades.No Wave Swinger,probably due to the fact that Star Flyer was there and one chair swing was enough considering the set up time of the Wave Swinger. Attendance was pretty good on Tuesday and Wednesday,but dead on Thursday(public holiday),I'd say people probably took Friday off and had a 4 day week-end. The weather was beautiful for the 3 days and I came back with quite a tan! Talking to a few of the workers,word is the Turbo has had a new paint job and is in Melbourne waiting for payment to be picked up,hopefully not too long. Davis' Zipper was not working the first day of the Rocky show as they were putting on some new hubs,but at least the lights were working this time.One of the operators told me it goes faster than Shorts',so I had to try them both out,it was hard to tell but Shorts' carriages spun more freely and was only able to equal my best of 16 spins.2 Zipper rides in 10 minutes sure gave me a head spin,but it was worth it! Cheers.......Deefa.
princess

Re: MACKAY SHOW 2009

Post by princess »

Thanks Deefa, you also broke a drought in here, sounds like quite and extensive show
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Pretty good lineup thanks. Yeh I've heard the Sky Flyer's been going well and looks great. Who were you working with Deffa?
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

TopGunner,it was for long time friends of mine:Dennis and Denise Jennings- Wildside Novelties/World of Art T-shirts.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

DEEFA DODGEM wrote:Turbo has had a new paint job and is in Melbourne waiting for payment to be picked up,hopefully not too long.
They should just park the Turbo over at the Showgrounds and prepare it for the next Melbourne Show. Man I hope this ride makes a big comeback soon.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Same here, hopefully it'll be at Bell's Xmas carnival this year. I'm not going to get myself too excited though
princess

Post by princess »

This ride has so much hype, around it, its been missing long enough for some people to think it is a new ride, still looks good, wonder if they have even tried to get a spot at a capital??????
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

You won't see it back at Sydney Show ever again
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

I know it's off topic, but where and is the bells xmas carnival held gunner??
"Slingshot , Engage"
princess

Post by princess »

Batemans Bay Josh.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Josh in Rocky wrote:I know it's off topic, but where and is the bells xmas carnival held gunner??
Sorry to say but a long way from Rocky lol
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Josh, The closest show that Bell's do to Rocky is Emerald. The only problem is that its on the same time that Rocky's on.That is if it ever gets on the road next year.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

next year they are nearly a week apart.
"Slingshot , Engage"