ROCKHAMPTON SHOW 2010.

DEEFA DODGEM

ROCKHAMPTON SHOW 2010.

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

THE Rocky show is only a matter of a month or so away and things are in full preperation. With Emerald show not clashing with Rocky this year,hopefully we'll see a few different rides this year. I'm still to find out if I'm working this year, but keep an eye out for a review from myself and Josh. Will keep you up to date...........Deefa.
Last edited by DEEFA DODGEM on Sun May 16, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
benclare

Re: ROCKHAMPTON SHOW 2010.

Post by benclare »

Yes please! I always enjoy reading about this show and would love to go to it one day. Can't wait for the updates and reviews!
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Lets hope so, with the extended Guild area and no clash this year we should be good for some variety... Speedway on again this year for the finale on thursday night.
"Slingshot , Engage"
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Just over a week to the Rocky Show now and the grounds are slowly starting to fill. So far we have the much anticipated XXXL in plus: Extreme Speed, Shorts' Zipper, Crazy Coaster, Space Roller, Mega Drop, Haunted Mansion, Hang Over, Blades' Dodgems,Circus Fun House, Ferris Wheel, Jumbo Slide. These are just what I could see from a lap of the grounds on the way home, but there could be a few more tucked away. With Emerald show being on before the Rocky Show, I heard a few will be heading out there and then coming in for Rocky. This year I'm working the peoples day at the show, so that gives me extra time to try out the rides and attractions, so a review will be on the way after the show.
Cheers..........Deefa.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Wow what an awesome turnout for this year's Show! can't wait for the reviews.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Good onya deef, keep em coming mate, as I don't know how much time I will get to cruise around out there.. Going out Monday next week to grade/prepare the track for the hilux's and speedway, apart from that I just don't know. Much appreciated mate.
"Slingshot , Engage"
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Sounds like should be a great show guys. How long does it go for?
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

3 days and night Hardrock.. Tues, wed thurs next week.
"Slingshot , Engage"
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

How come a mid week show? Has it always been like that. I dont know much bout Rocky show. Do they still get a good crowd?
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Last year was the first year in quite a few that the council has 'broken even'. We usually have crappy weather.. :)
For the last 5 or 6 years its been mid week, where as back in the day it was wed, thurs, fri.. With speedway fri night which used to be huge (Speedway got canned as the final act for 4 or 5 yrs or so) , but with Yeppoon show (40kms) on sat/sun, those days didn't suit the bigger picture, hence why our dates got changed to mid week.

The council went through a faze of paying 60k for jimmy barnes as last night entertainment etc, and other high price stuff, which they lost money each year, now they put on speedway which costs them 10k and attracts more people, easy to see why they broke even last year.
"Slingshot , Engage"
Tilt01

Post by Tilt01 »

Is Rocky the town where for many years they had a carnival down by the river a week or so before the show ?
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Yep, that's the one.
Grounds are still filling up with Hardrock,Hurricane,Alpine Express,Davis' Dodgems and the Energy Storm (I think) plus a few more tucked in there somewhere. XXXL is up and more should roll up on Friday after Emerald show finishes.
Going down Saturday for a wonder around, so will fill in the blanks then.

Deefa.
Tilt01

Post by Tilt01 »

Deefa,

Do they still have that carnival down near ther river ?
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Nah, they haven't for quite a few years Tilt. That is my memory of 'turbo' down by the river at the PCYC....
Haven't been out to show yet, been a little busy after setting racecar on fire on sat night, and getting it ready to race this weekend,
I see Dale's Flashdance is in there too, which is great to see them getting on at some bigger shows!
Big crowds there last night as we took the kids past for a look, which is nice to see.
# I got cut off by energy storm on sat, on the highway heading out to Blackwater with the car on board!! haha... Pleasent experience...:)
All I got from mates following on the uhf,,, F*ing Showies!! hehe...

Will be taking the kids out tonight, will try and get some pics. And Thursday will be commentating the speedway which is the show finale...
Hopefully Deef will do a review for us, as I will be in Maryborough this weekend till Tuesday...
"Slingshot , Engage"