Crackerjack Carnival

Hurricane

Crackerjack Carnival

Post by Hurricane »

Well, once again the Crackerjack Carnival is on this weekend at Carina. And once again I will be working the carnival with the Trindalls. Not 100% on the lineup, but I know that Cyber Party will be there. The Greek festival was a few weeks back and Power Surge and Freestyle attended so they would probably turn up for this years festival.

I will post a lineup tomorrow night for the show once I finish work. I'm not sure if I'm working the joint or the ride though.
Hurricane

Re: Crackerjack Carnival

Post by Hurricane »

Posts taken from the facebook AAF Page:

Ride lineup:

Cha Cha
Cyber Party
Dodgems
Ferris Wheel
Freestyle
Hurricane
Kamikaze
Music Trip
Power Surge
Rock n Roll
Super Jump
Super Trooper
Tilt
Kids Rides
Bubbles

The show ran from around 5pm - 10pm on the friday night and was a very busy show. No problems with teenagers or anything, had one girl come and race with her friends 5 times at my joint. Each time the group paid 30 dollars and walked away with the major prize. Must be gamblers :P Last year's crackerjack was busy but this year was just insane

Saturday we opened at 10am and closed at 10:30pm, at one point throughout the night it was that crowded you could not walk through where the joints were easily. I had some assistance from Kate for a little while when it was packed, and we were even singing and dancing to attract customers and boy did it work wonders. We didn't care if we looked like fools, we were having fun and so were the crowd!

Sunday was suprisingly busy for the last day of a show, it wasn't as busy as the friday or saturday but thanks to the weather it was a decent turn out. The show ran from 10:30am till 5 on the sunday.

I only got to go on 4 rides this year, Hurricane, Tilt, Music Trip and of course cyber party.

I am not going to go into much detail on the Cyber Party as I'm sure you've read my reviews, and it's running much the same this time as it was other times.

Youngs Hurricane was running amazingly, me and my friend grace were the only ones on the ride and it was BRUTAL. I was pushed to the side of the car with great force and the ride went for several minutes. After around 2 it slowed right down and then sped up again! One thing I did notice about Youngs Hurricane was the fact that the operator was not making the ride bounce, it appeared to be on a program. After around 4 minutes the ride stopped and I stumbled out of the car. I would honestly say after this ride that it kinda kicked March's and Bells Hurricane off my top Hurricane rides as much as I am shocked to say it.

Youngs Music Trip was also producing a great ride, with plenty of airtime going over the top and the lateral forces as you swing around. The ride appeared to have some new lights since last time I saw it, but it still doesn't beat Bells for the presentation of there unit. I am not sure if I prefer Bells or Youngs for the ride, as I have not been on Bells unit in years. Rider interaction was also great, and it made for a very enjoyable ride.

CLTS Tilt was also providing a decent ride this year, not as good as when I rode it in 2008 and had the living daylights spun out of me with Kate. The ride has had some work done to it, with new light covers being painted as well as the cars and gel's around the sides of the ride. Apparently the platforms, backdrop etc are going to get some work done soon. I was told that over 20,000 dollars was spent just on this work alone. And for a ride as old as this, it makes it look fantastic compared to the stock standard Tilt a Whirl. The ride wasn't running backwards which was a bit of a dissapointment, but it was still running as fast as ever. It was a very enjoyable ride and left me feeling a little bit queezy.

Just also on a side note. Power Surge has had new LED's installed on the ride, making it look so much brighter now.
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Glad to hear u you had a good time Hurricane. I have to agree about Youngs hurricane. I rode it at Tamworth country music festival this year an was a good ride.
Kicks ass over marches hurricane any day.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah... but it's odd... March's Hurricane usually kicks the ass out of all of them. But then I've only ever rode it with Luke or Chris Hennessy at the Controls... and they really know how to run it. March's still LOOKS the best IMHO