Redcliffe Show 2010

Hurricane

Redcliffe Show 2010

Post by Hurricane »

Hey guys, sorry I didn't get to post earlier but last weekend was Redcliffe show. The lineup was as follows:
  • Cyber Party
    Cha Cha x2
    Tilt
    Freestyle
    Shockwave
    Hurricane
    Music Trip
    Ferris Wheel
    Fun Factory
    Super Trooper
    Midnight Madness
    Rock N Roll (Matterhorn)
    Dodgems x2
    Bungee Tramps x2
    Jumping Castles
    Kids Rides
    Joints
I got to go on a few rides, including Freestyle twice, CLTS's Cha Cha and Cyber Party a few times. Once again I don't see the need to review the Cyber Party as it's still running just as well. However I did notice that all the lights are now working on the ride again, so good on you Ian and Robert and the Cyber Party boy's for getting that working again!

I rode Freestyle twice, once at night and once during the day. And holy crap this kicks the living arse out of the Extreme Speed Machine. I'm sorry to say it but it actually made my feet cramp up with the cycle I had. Presentation was nothing short of amazing and the cycle lasting a good 4 - 5 minutes in total. When it was going forwards, it felt as though it just wasn't going to stop. I did also notice that the ride slowed down quite a bit before speeding right back up again. 9/10

I also rode CLTS's Cha Cha on the Sunday morning before starting work with a friend next to me. I had the owner in the control box running the ride, and it was by FAR the most brutal ride I have ever had on a Cha Cha / Scrambler in my life. The ride has had a new paintjob, the presentation is not quite up to the standards of Bell's unit. However there is still work to be done including new turbo lights. I reckon once this is done it will give Elwin's unit a real run for it's money.

The Cycle lasted a good 5 minutes, and I have a massive bruise on my thigh now. Just as I was about to get off, I was told I wasn't to go anywhere and the ride started again. I was saved by my boss who's van was behind the ride and she walked out as I was on the ride, screaming at her to help as I was getting crushed so badly. I really do suggest giving this ride a whirl next time you see it, and it just goes to show that with the right operator and TLC even the classic rides can give newer rides like Space Roller a run for it's money. A solid 9 out of 10.

Overall the show was pretty quiet, and hard for me to make money on the joint. But i've worked worse shows before.
Last edited by Hurricane on Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dell2006

Re: Redcliffe Show 2010

Post by dell2006 »

Have you got any photos? and any of the cha cha?
Hurricane

Re: Redcliffe Show 2010

Post by Hurricane »

I was working the whole time, so I wasn't able to get photos. 9 out of 10 carnivals I go to these days are just for work purposes so when I have a break I just wanna have something to eat or go to the toilet lol. I will see if the owner can take any photos next time it's set up.