Gladstone Harbour Festival

DEEFA DODGEM

Gladstone Harbour Festival

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Only a few weeks until Gladstone holds its' annual festival over the Easter Weekend. Usually get a fair turn out there. Previously there has been: Zipper, Dodgems, Scrambler, Hurricane, Flash Dance, Tilt A Whirl,Temple of Doom 3, Cyber Party, Slide and even the old Centre Point (or Star Dancer as I think it's called now). Plus plenty of stalls and kids rides. Going down again this year, so will have to remember to take my camera with me to get some snaps. Keep you posted....

DEEFA.
Hurricane

Re: Gladstone Harbour Festival

Post by Hurricane »

Will be working at the Gladstone Harbour Festival. Will post the full line up tomorrow.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

On the tilt train up there now, will post the Lineup tomorrow. If any AAF members are coming, i'll be working either the Cyber Party, Super Trooper or Roller Derby so come say hi :D
benclare

Post by benclare »

Enjoy your time up there Hurricane! I'm a big fan of the Super Trooper although it has been quite a few years since I have ridden it.

If you can believe it, I'm still yet to go on Cyber Party but haven't seen a bad review about it so I'm sure I'll love it when I finally get the chance to experience it. Has it ever done an event in the Sydney area?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Ben, the cyber party has done the fishers ghost carnival in campbeltown in previous years in november

RIDE LIST:

Cyber Party
Super Trooper
Crazy Dancer
Zipper
The Ultimate Party Machine
Giant Wheel
Super Scrambler
Temple of Doom
Kamikaze
Flash Dance
Dodgems
Kids Rides
Super Fun Factory
Kiddie Coaster
Bungees
Bubbles
Joints

If anyone is attending, come say hi to me in the race game! Next stop Kingaroy, then Crows nest and back into brissy! The Cyber Party has been overhauled with LED's and is looking great too! This upgrade was done at Christmas time
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

First day of the show was reasonably busy, with decent crowds on the Cyber Party... running full loads all night long. Tonight however was a wash out, due to the heavy rainfall today that is still progressing through the night. Tomorrow is expected to be raining again with a possible wash out on the cards, however hopefully by Wednesday the rain will have stopped!
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Wasn't going to make the trip for a visit, but boredom has got the better of me! Heading down this arvy for a looksie with the kids...
"Slingshot , Engage"
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hope you had a great time today Josh, should have popped in for a visit at the Joint. I would have given you and your kids a ride on the Super Trooper or a free race! Today was a scorcher though...
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

yeah i saw ya mate, you were on the joint when we were there.. Had a nice time, kids had a ball as usual, makes it worth the one hour drive for being there for like an hour or two.. hehe
Welcome back to CQ show season!
"Slingshot , Engage"
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I swear I never leave that joint...Caught up with Deefa Dodgem tonight, was great to put a face to the name! Had a bit of a chat while I was at work which was good... I've also lost my voice now... think I need to take some time off from the joint haha!
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Ou were doing a full game when I went past! Full credit to ya bud!
"Slingshot , Engage"
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Thanks Josh! It's as full as I can get with only 6 out of 10 horses working... Also, Gladstone Harbour Festival was my last show that I will be working at for a while. I am focusing on other career paths right now. I might occasionally pop up as a worker but after 6 years i'm moving on :)
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Hey all, it's not much, but here's some snaps taken with the phone...

Had to laugh at the dodgems (Macgregors) with the supercar wraps, ie 'supercheep Auto', Jack Deniels racing, Vodaphone,
Took a second look to realise they all had spelling variations... Looked great! Nice track....

All of the gear looked great, nice little show. The same bloke each year continues to show on the Ultimate Party Machine that the
operator can create an atmosphere second to none! Great work again, year in, year out guys!
Cyber Party and the rest of Trindall's gear looked great too...
have fun,,,
"Slingshot , Engage"
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Cheers for the compliments in regards to Trindall's gear, I will pass on the kind words to them next time I see them. I still do find it amusing that the Vodafone car I was in (dodgems) didn't work properly... kind of ironic given all the crap vodafone has received recently. The person you are talking about operating the Ultimate Party Machine is actually the owner of the ride, and he has some of the best interaction that I have ever heard on a ride.

Trindall's gear all got upgraded with LED's around Christmas last year (Cyber Party and Super Trooper) and it's looking alot better, the Trooper is having some of it's globes replaced in the coming weeks so that they will all be working again. I think my race game needs to be pulled off the road for a bit and fixed up though... but hopefully that will happen soon. Glad to see you had a great time!
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

I think every show I have been to where ultimate party machine has attended, I have mentioned his expertise, anyone can do a good job for an hour, but he is a great example of how it is done exceptionally well.
Early, late, hot or freezing cold,,, still upbeat and rockin!
"Slingshot , Engage"
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

It was one thing I noticed as well... all the rides on the Friday and Saturday closed for 3 - 4 hours in the afternoon while the joints stayed open but the Ultimate Party Machine stayed open. It was a dead period of time... but he would still be on the mic and be as interactive with 2 riders as he would with a full load!
PNC

Post by PNC »

Bill is a great operator, i see it all the time where alot of rides stay closed early in a show, i open for the entire time, we always do pretty well when we are the only ride that is open
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Thanks for the photos Josh. Looked like a good festival :D