Not sure on exact line up, but im guessing:

Sky Walker
Hurricane
Cha Cha
dodgems
Steve07

Re: Gympie show this weekend

Post by Steve07 »

Hi i went to the show and it was not good, ive been going to it for the last 14 years and its different all the time, this year wasnt good to me, what you think of it??
PNC

Post by PNC »

unfortunately i didnt get there and i am told sky walker didnt make it either, it clashed with alot of other events this year, maybe next year will be better
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Hey Steve, welcome... Can you let us know what turned up, if it was bad how bad was it? The north run gradually builds as it goes up the coast. Bundy is usually the first show that has some guts about it.(but it's been at least 7yrs since I've been to it) and then Rocky is even bigger again. Gympie and Fraser Coast are traditionally a bit smaller.
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Well not many rides that are extreme showed up this year... mostly the mid to Family rides only that i think showed up, i went on some of them and they are good but not as good as i want it to be...
heres a list of rides that showed up this year below
*The Big Wheel
*Giant Ferris Wheel
*NITRO DOGEM CARS
* 2 other DOGEM CARS RIDES as well
*Ghost Pirates
*Dales Flash Dance
*Break Dance
*Zipper (RED CAGES)
*Alpine Express
*Hard Rock
*Sea Circus
*XXXL
*March's Hurricane
*March's Big Whizzer
*Disko [THIS RIDE IS NEW TO THE SHOW HERE THIS YEAR]
* 2 Jumping Trampolines rides things
* Kids Rides (eg. Mini Ferris Wheel, Teacups Ride)
*Simpsons Big Bubble of Fun Jumping Castle
* 2 other Jumping Castles
* and about 5 to 7 Carnival games stalls......
thats all i can remember
I will be going to the Fraser Coast (Maryborough) show on Friday this week so ill have to see if they have better rides then Gympie has, hopefully they will???
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Not a bad lineup if you ask me. A heap of gear is out at Dubbo for this weekends show. After that some more gear will head up your way
princess

Post by princess »

Agreed TG
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

I surposed it was okay but still wasnt really good to me, hopefully when i go to Maryboroughs (Fraser Coast Show) it will be a bit better then ours here in Gympie??
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

hi Steve, good to read your posts. Welcome!

It seems you may be getting spoiled by rides - that looks like a pretty good list to me (compared to many other regions in Aus)

The Disk-O is not only new to your show, but new to Australia. It's very first spot was only April this year.

Did you ride it? What were your highlight ride experiences for this year?
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Hi... thanks for the welcome, i must be lucky then to think our show has good rides... :) i actually didnt know the DISKO was new to Australia and it was spotted in april.... well i guess we are lucky to get that ride to our show this year...
And no i didnt ride it cause it seemed to me wasnt fun, but if i see it in Maryborough i will have a ride on it to see if it is fun, but yeah, over all the highlights of the rides were good not that good but yeah good, some of the DOGEM CARS rides very very fast, i loved them... went on the Big Whizzer March's one and its improved since last years show, new lights on the ride itself and better music, and had a smoke machine with it and it made it look really good :)
The Giant Wheel, that came again to our show was good, a bit different this time then last year, it was hard to see through the plastic windows on the carrages, they needed big time a wash or wipe over to clean it, other then that it was really good and very high again..

I have photos of my show and the rides that came this year... i took some great pics..

the rides that i didnt ride at my show, hopefully i will get to at Maryboroughs one if the same are there, but im hoping they dont have the same as we did here...???
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Disko I'm pretty sure was on the show run from early February definately did Canberra Show. Yeh upload the photos be interesting to see and have heard that about Davis' wheel needing a bit of a clean-up. Thats always noticeable filthy perspex and especially on a wheel when people are there too look through it to take in the view
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Thanks for reading my post. and i didnt know that canberra has there show before us, i learn different things everytime i go on this site!!
now with the pics i cant upload them cause it says the file is too big and it says the maximum allowed is 256 KiB... which with my pics are more then 2 MB so i wont be able to upload them unless the site can allow me to do so, i would really like to show you the pics but it wont let me??
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Upload them to somewhere like photobucket.com and copy the IMG code onto the forums. It will look like this

[img]URL%20HERE[/img]
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

well i would upload them to that site but im not with that site, if you have an email address or a chat program ill be happy to share them with you, anyway went to Maryborough's (Fraser Coast) show last Friday and it was really great.... much more rides there, then in Gympie that turned up... it looks like that showground is twice as big as our one here is, fits alot more rides and stalls and food stalls in the alleys and areas in the ground, and the carpark is HUGE!!, you wouldnt have any trouble carparking their..??
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

well make an account and upload them. It ain't hard to do
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Hi,yeah it wasnt so hard like you said.. lol.. anyway if you or any of you's want to see the Gympie Show 2011 photos of some of the rides that came to my show, theres a link below to the album

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... ow%202011/
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Ill have photos uploaded of Maryboroughs (Fraser Coast) show in the next few days hopefully in the another new album, let me know what you think of the ride turn out at Gympie's Show this year??
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Cheerz for the upload,looks like a great little show...really nothing to complain about in terms of line up Steve,cant go wrong with some of the best looking classics and a few of the latest attractions in the country.Probably wasn't the best idea to take pics through perspex though,would've been better off using the other,smaller wheel for that.Seeing March's Hurricane made me wish I could jump through the screen for a ride.
ImageImage
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for the photos mate. Good to see Ghost Pirate's has had a repaint, wasn't a fan of it beforehand. Looking forward to more photos
speederbrad95

Post by speederbrad95 »

Top Gunner14 wrote:Disko I'm pretty sure was on the show run from early February definately did Canberra Show. Yeh upload the photos be interesting to see and have heard that about Davis' wheel needing a bit of a clean-up. Thats always noticeable filthy perspex and especially on a wheel when people are there too look through it to take in the view
yes they also had an issue with the lighting on it aswell
Sit Back Hold Tight Here We Go!