Rocky show 2011

Josh in Rocky

Rocky show 2011

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Hey guys, not alot to tell, just that it is coming up again soon. June 7, 8, 9th..
Monster trucks this year instead of speedway for something different,
Should have a rides list soon from the Showgrounds :)
Yeppoon is then on the weekend of June 11th, 12th
"Slingshot , Engage"
DEEFA DODGEM

Re: Rocky show 2011

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

I'll be heading along to the Rocky Show as well (work permitting). Rides should start to roll in next weekend after Bundy. No doubt Josh or myself will keep you up to date on what's here this year- usually 30+ rides. Looking forward to seeing the Disko and riding the Extreme (if it shows). At least I know I wont have the same scary experience I had on the old Orbitor (Cyclone) where the lap bar came undone while mid cycle with the different restraints on the Extreme!

DEEFA.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Extreme will definately be there, it will be doing alot of shows this year. Look forward to hearing your updates guys
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Well, some of the rides have started turning up early this year. Obviously some gave the Bundy show a miss this year. This morning there was the Mega Drop,Haunted Hotel,Magic Circus Fun Factory and parts of the Crazy Coaster. Tonight (9:30pm) the Space Roller was in and partly set up and another ride was just coming in, but it was a bit hard to identify in the dark. Will go past again in the morning and check out what else has turned up but most won't be in until at least Sunday.

DEEFA.
Last edited by DEEFA DODGEM on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh Crazy Coaster's only doing around 6 shows on the north run this year, TPA's mainly focused on getting Extreme up at alot of shows
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

Will the extreme come to the Geelong show, the crazy coaster is there very year
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Well the "unidentified" ride I saw coming in late at night was actually the Mixer. Bugger me! 3 new rides for Rocky in the one year must be some sort of record (assuming the Disko and Extreme turn up from Bundy.) Can't wait to try the Mixer from the clips on Youtube I've seen, as long as they've worked out all the bugs. I'd crawl along a mile of broken glass to get to the ticket box for a spin on this one. :lol:
Also heard today that Shorts new "huge" fold out Dodgem track is on the docks and should debut at Townsville, but has his new cars here now. Will see if they are being tried out at Rocky. Still heaps of rides turning up, will have a list up soon.

DEEFA.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Disko is there and set up, fair bit of work going on today. Flash dance nearly done, sky walker, space roller, xxxl, were a few mostly done.. We had a couple of trucks here last weekend when we ran speedway at the Showgrounds on the 21st may. Mostly food vans inside the grounds though.. Apart from those few it been relatively quiet at the Showgrounds until this weekend, so busy busy busy for Tuesday open.
"Slingshot , Engage"
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Davis' Dodgems ,Shorts Dodgems, Blades Dodgems, Nitro Dodgems ,Pinks Crazy Cars ,XXXL, Davis' Big Wheel, Haunted Hotel, Mixer, Shorts Zipper, Break Dance, Mega Drop, Hang Over, Magic Circus Fun Factory, Sky Flyer, Fun Slide, Flash Dance, Space Roller, Crazy Coaster, Sea Circus Fun Factory, Hard Rock, Extreme, Disko, Sky Walker,Energy Storm, Big Wheel, Ali Baba in so far. More will likely turn up tomorrow after the week end Gin Gin show.
Full list to follow.

DEEFA.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great lineup, let's hope for good weather for the next few days. Be interesting to see Short's Dodgem Track which is the same model as Pink's. Manufactured by Adesco
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

So all things considered, we should be right to get a ride on a dodgem car??? hehe...
"Slingshot , Engage"
benclare

Post by benclare »

Excellent lineup and I can't wait to read more reviews of Extreme.

It seems the floods earlier this year haven't had a negative affect on this show which is good news.
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Sorry for the late review, but had to attend a family emergency and have only just got back. Well I managed to try out the Mixer and it was a different experience which I quite enjoyed. I must say, I was a bit disappointed with the Extreme though. Compared to the Energy Storm, it was a bit slower and not quite an intense ride. Overall it was a good show, excellent weather and decent crowds. One ride missing though was the Hurricane, the first time that I can remember where we haven't had that famous sound that goes with this classic ride!
Talking to John Short and he was saying that his new Dodgem track will make it's debut at the Townsville show (1-4 July) and then he is taking it to the Supercar race at Townsville (8 & 9 July) as well. Can't wait to see it.

DEEFA.