Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers 2011

Steve07

Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers 2011

Post by Steve07 »

I see the Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers has rides that will be there, do yous know whats going to be there in rides????

I am heading to Toowoomba this weekend, so ill have to see whats there, but its a maybe, i dont know if ill have time, im only there for the Speedway meeting on Saturday night, but if i have time on Sunday ill see, but for now i wont know whats there!!
Funderstruck

Re: Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers 2011

Post by Funderstruck »

Toowoomba is no longer done by showmen (hasn't been for a couple of years), it is done by KayDee Promotions and they bring in a few rides from a couple of other local Brisbane operators.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

What ya doin at speedway Steve? I'm coming to the carnival of flowers meeting to race modified productions for the 2 nights..
"Slingshot , Engage"
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

im going to watch the V8 Sprintcars and other programs, Sprintcars are so awesome.. thats my favourite car program... :)

im going this weekend on Saturday and maybe next Saturdays meeting one, but that i wont know till mid week through next week..

i may go to the carnival but yeah dont know if ill have time cause i have to leave on sunday before 1pm cause the drive is about 2 and half hours back home...
because i have to start work at 6am on Monday, so yeah :(

i actually didnt even know that the carnival of flowers had a sideshow alley rides... thats new to me.. :)

so Josh are you at both meetings in toowoomba or just one?? ive been to a few speedways in QLD and i think so far Maryborough is the best, i have been to Toowoomba's one a few times back a few years ago, but yeah its been a long time... but yeah it will be great to see the track to see if anythings changed!!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Steve - you have wide and varied interests. How much are those cars worth?
PNC

Post by PNC »

carnival of flowers will have:

avalanche
dodgems
cha cha
para trooper
round up
hurricane
big chair o plane
heaps of kids rides and games

also some pretty good stage entertainment put on by kay dee including stan walker i am pretty sure
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

thanks for the post PNC, looks small in rides but its only a flower carnival so i guess not much would go there, but would love to see the ride called big chair o plane, never heard of it... unless its a kiddie ride.. lol

Zamperla yes i do have different interests but thats what i like, Speedway and Shows, oneday i hope to get a part time job helping out one of the rides that travel the north run in QLD..
and the cars do cost a bit to run them if they get damaged bad in other speedway programs at other tracks, but usually its good with most drivers that own the car, i know people that drive speedway cars, mostly the super streets but yeah its great to hear them win a bit...
Every Speedway track is different in a way so its hard, but thats good, its better to have different tracks, like my speedway track here in Gympie is famous of all the corners, its shaped like a kidney, its really the only track in QLD that isnt really round. :)
PNC

Post by PNC »

Yeh the chair o plane is more of a family ride, there is a big ferris wheel up there as well I'm pretty sure, I will post a full list tomorrow night if I get time
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Steve.. Coming for the practice on 22nd, race 23rd and 24th in modifieds.
Ran super streets last few years, now in mods. Never been to towoomba before,
Looking forward to it.
Raced at Mary, great race track. Still like rocky for our facilities, just suck on the track. Lol
Sorry for the subject change guys :)
"Slingshot , Engage"
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

i wont be at the practice or the 23rd, ill only be there for the 24th one, sounds like you like Mary's track, its similar i think to rockys...
whats the colour of the mod you driving and the sponcer your with Josh??

Have you ever been to my track here in Mothar Mountain (Gympie)??
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

looks like i wont make it to the carnival of flowers at all, i have a sick family member so i wont be able to also go to the speedway meetings as well... :( but thats okay, i got other years to go there and stuff, but has anyone seen whats there at the carnival in rides???
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Been to gympie heaps as a passenger in super streets, never raced there though.. This season...:)
Main difference is Mary is clay/granite, where as Rocky is dirt/granite, so totally different to race on...
I got au falcon, orange number 16... Headed to the Pie of the 30/30 event mid way through next month too..
"Slingshot , Engage"