Paniyri - 2012

Force10

Paniyri - 2012

Post by Force10 »

Hey All

Paniyri - Brisbane's ultimate Greek Festival is on again the weekend 19th & 20th of May. It clashed with Gympie show last year but had very solid ride line up (Hangover, Energy Storm, Cyber Party, Sky Walker, Techno Jump, Dale's Cha Cha, Dogems, magic circus and a few small joints) It's an awesome 2 days and usually attracts a good line up. Ipswich show starting much later in the season and falls (18th, 19th and 20th May) and the Gympie show kicking off the northern run (17th, 18th & 19th) - it makes me wonder who will be doing Paniyri this year.

Anyone hear what will be there?

Cheers,
Force
Force10

Re: Paniyri - 2012

Post by Force10 »

Paniyiri is just about over for another year. Carnival area was much smaller than last year.

March's Hurricane
March's Wave Swinger
Dale's Cha Cha
Techno Jump
Carnevil
Coney Fair Dogems
Coney Fair Rock'n Rol
Magic Circus
+ kiddies joints

All rides were 8 each or 3 for $22, all running full loads which is great to see.

Noticable absence were Cyber Party, Hangover, Speed, Sky Walker & Energy Storm. Obviously at Gympie, Dubbo and Ipswich. Setup was a little messy lots of empty space etc. last year carnival area had a fantastic atmosphere and was much neater. I think protesters may have delayed the start a little. Was good to see March's Hurri, it's the best one IMO. Don't have any pictures sorry guys.
speederbrad95

Post by speederbrad95 »

hangover and speed were here at gympie and march's big whizzer which was hauled with the Hurricane truck was also here and was the only other than the Extreme to be still open at the conclusion of the rodeo on saturday and friday once again was the biggest day for rides and the crowd overall
Sit Back Hold Tight Here We Go!
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Ipswich has pretty much ruin the north run, maryborough i heard lost a day this year because of the current setup of the dates now the north run has, thats probably why it was a mess in rides and stuff there at Paniyri... Gympie show crowds were up alot this year by what ive heard, nice turn up in rides this year, was a really good show...
speederbrad95

Post by speederbrad95 »

and my cousin told us that the society is planing to have a four day show next year for the 125th show (Thursday- Sunday)
Sit Back Hold Tight Here We Go!
Force10

Post by Force10 »

I don't know if they have ruined it, they might have shot themselves in the foot. A lot of Ipswich locals come to ekka so the show is always small and doesn't really have much of a side show alley. But yeah paniyiri wasn't as good as it has been..