Ekka 2012 - Count Down Begins

benclare

Re: Ekka 2012 - Count Down Begins

Post by benclare »

Am I gaim enough to try the Zipper without holding on? I'll give everything a go once but I don't fancy doing it for long. That ride is nuts!
ExtremeFanatic

Post by ExtremeFanatic »

Drove into the City today to look at Sideshow alley Nice set up but very squashed in. Show bag tent has gotten bigger and wider. Most rides are set up here is what I saw from my perspective: Space Roller, XXXL, Sky Walker, Zipper, NEW: Pirate Adventure, Disk'o, Break Dance, Hangover (not set up yet), Hard Rock, Pirates Revenge, Haunted Hotel, Crazy Coaster, Rock n Roll (Matterhorn), Let's Drive Dodgem Cars, Giant Wheel, Wave Swinger, Sky Flyer.

Great ride setting Sky walker in it's usual spot as well as Hangover, Rock n Roll and Break Dance. I'd try post a picture soon. :) Sky Flyer and the Giant Wheel have been moved to the back of the show.

Extreme Fanatic :D
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

This Saturday I will be there !
So looking forward to it, getting back on XXXL and Extreme again ! Expect photos !
benclare

Post by benclare »

Can't wait for reviews as usual.

A shame Sky Flier is not in the main carnival area as the atmosphere is great when surrounded by other rides and games. Hopefully the new location is good as well.
ExtremeFanatic

Post by ExtremeFanatic »

@benclare Sky Flyer is still in side Show Alley just near where Sky Walker is just right behind the Showbag Tent
ExtremeFanatic

Post by ExtremeFanatic »

Here's a picture of Sideshow Alley I took on Sunday 5/8/12
Attachments
Sideshow Alley.jpg
Sideshow Alley.jpg (141.41 KiB) Viewed 12470 times
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

ahh man... Waveswinger is at EKKA, i was looking forward to riding it at North Lakes but then i saw it on the EKKA website being there, i didnt get to ride it at Nambour in June this year i should of rode it :(
Is Speed there cause i dont see it there in that pic you send ExtremeFanatic??? the Website says its there, is it out of that pic?

does anyone know why Disk O didnt do part of the north run (Gympie to Bundaberg) this year, i wanted to ride that and i see it at EKKA??
ExtremeFanatic

Post by ExtremeFanatic »

@Steven07 Extreme Speed i couldn't see same with Extreme and Carnevil. Hangover, Disk'o, Breakdance and Hard Rock were thee just on the far left. Pirates Adventure is done the Haunted Hotel/ Zipper aisle you may be able to see it :)
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

okay thats weird but i Speed should be there right??
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

I really hope Speed and Extreme are there !
Will be there tomorrow so i will post some photos aswell !
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Pretty sure they will be, being a major show. XXXL is there so speed wont be to far away.
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

I know now that Speed and Extreme are there !

I will also be taking my video camera so expect some videos and if I am allowed maybe a few POV's ;)
PNC

Post by PNC »

i went in on day 1, took the kids to the kids area and they had a blast, the rode magis circus for the first time, although they were scared to ride, i went witht hem and they just wanted to keep going, they also rode, samba balloon, jurassic coaster, rockin tug and the ponies.

then we went to the main area, i took my 7 year old son on a few rides, once again he was very scared, but after building the courage to get on he had a good time, we rode, techno jump, always a fun ride, disko, was only a short cycle and the sky flier, which he found boring LOL and then the new pirate fun house, which was pretty good, however circus circus is a better ride IMO

i also rode spped, which i have become a bit numb to, was a short cycle and i think there was a problem with the harness mecanism as i had to be released manually and the sky walker for me, this was easily the best ride cycle i have been on with this ride, dam it felt fast.

we then tried to get showbage only to find out that the pavillion had closed for the night at 6pm!!!!! so we ride dodgems and as we got off i noticed all the rides i want to ride were closing, so im going back over the weekend to get on

hard rock
extreme
xxxl
and space roller

sorry for no pics, ill try get some on my next visit
princess

Post by princess »

Was there a wind issue, not enough people, strange they should close so early on a Friday night..
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

First night at the EKKA everything closes at 6pm... as it's often a very quiet night. Will be heading in next Friday with Kate so will give my review then. Sorry if i've been inactive... busy work life these days, but I do read still.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Cheers for the review, is odd that everything shuts at 6 being a capital show. Looking forward to seeing some detailed photos of the Pirate Funhouse
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

Went last night No Photos sorry :( BUT going back Tuesday nights so I will get photos no matter what !

I kicked Started the night by riding Extreme Speed and I can never get sick of that ride ! Such a great machine and surprisingly gave a long cycle when I was on it. 7/10

Next off I went for a little walk to XXXL and it is a great looking ride. I went at night and all the strobes were working a full blast in time to the music and smoke machines on full blast and it gave a powerful ride ! Did a few loops before letting the seats start flipping and I got so many flips on it ! Really is worth the money and still is my all time favorite ride ! 10/10

Up next was the space roller. usually I don't get overly excite don this ride but the operator of it was doing a fantastic job ! He really knew how to work it, came off shaking and dizzy, such a great experience 9/10

Then I headed over to Hard Rock and Was the only one on it ! We did a few swings then the ride stopped and I thought the ride was over. Then the lights went out and smoke machines and strobes kicked in and he took me all the way to the top and I was floating around in my seat at the top !We did a few more swings then it ended. 8/10

After some dinner and the fireworks I headed over to Skywalker which was giving the last ride of the night. They said " We are going to take it to the extreme, so hold on and head back " And boy did they ! :D Twist and turns, flip after flip such an amazing ride. Would ride it again ! Only issue was my man parts and shoulders were in so much pain. 9/10

And after years of chickening out, I finally rode the zipper and was the last person to ride it. Me and my friend were the only people on it and I hit my face on the cage front, hurt my neck, and watched my phone slip out of my pocket and shatter. But that didn't ruin my expirence ! SUCH AN AMAZING RIDE and will be back on it in no time on Tuesday night ! 10/10

That is all I got done and when I go back on Tuesday Going to ride all the rest of the rides and the ones I have already done ! Can't wait for Extreme tho ! and getting back on XXXL

PHOTOS WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY ARVO.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Ahhh...good 'ol Zipper,still causing injuries and damage to personal property to this day!.
ImageImage
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Ekka Fan we can actually relate to each other! I too went on the Hard Rock on my own! I thought it was an absolute waste of time and money though :x Also I can relate to the Sky Walker experience! I like to call it Rocket To Uranus :lol: I can't wait to see the photos on Wednesday arvo and I hope you recover from the Zipper!
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

Went pass it on Sunday, rode Zipper again and have a fine cut on my head now :(
princess

Post by princess »

After that comment above Zamperla, NEVER
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

I will be there tomorrow all day ! Tell me if you come down and we can say Hi ! :D I am thinking, of going back to the zipper to face my fears for a third time....not holding on! :shock: I will probably last one flip then hang on, but hey worth a try ! I will also get photos and some off-ride videos to upload to youtube later on :)
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Thanks for posting, great footage
Cheers
Kiwi
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »