Rockhampton Show

Josh in Rocky

Rockhampton Show

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Hi guys, With the Rocky show having a slight date change to the weekend, (this weekend coming) giving us a 4 day weekend yo!, am hoping this gives the show a shot in the arm crowd wise that it needs...
I am hoping our members up this way are heading out to get pics and reviews, as I will be away living the dream racing speedway in Maryborough from friday...
Thanks guys, hopefully someone gets out there for us...
Josh
"Slingshot , Engage"
Steve07

Re: Rockhampton Show

Post by Steve07 »

I would love to go to rocky's show but dont have the time and money this year cause i went to Gympie's, Maryborough's and Bunbaberg's one, if i had more time off and money i would love to see what is up there...
I will also be in Maryborough for the meeting at speedway, dont know if ill go both days yet :)
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Cool mate, if ya get bored I race an orange au falcon number 16.
The one getting flogged by 70 other modified productions! Haha
"Slingshot , Engage"
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

hahaha... lol.. okay good to know if im bored.. :) the weather doesnt look good for the meeting for both days (sat and sun), so i might not go if its like that, but we'll see what it brings.... :)

Anyway does anyone know what rides will be there at the rocky show this year??
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Be patient petal, ride list and run down of show coming soon.

DEEFA.
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Thanks DEEFA looking forward to it when its up... :)
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Hey, how was the show?
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Deefa,,, save us sir! :)
"Slingshot , Engage"
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Well here it is. Sorry for the delay guys, but had a few issues to contend with first. This year our show was moved back to the Friday, Saturday, Sunday format and clashing dates with the Yeppoon show (50 k's away) held over the weekend. They said numbers were up from previous years but the ride list was its' lowest it has been in a long time, only managing to scrape together 27 in total. We had 5 Dodgem cars: Nitro, Davis', Blades, Crazy Cars and Shorts' new Drive Time, Break Dance, Sling Shot, Ali Baba, Sky Walker, Dark Ride, Alpine Express, XXXL, Davis' Wheel, Jumbo Slide,Energy Storm, Sea Circus, Speed, Space Roller, Hard Rock, Shorts Zipper, Xtreme, Crazy Coaster, Flash Dance, Sky Flyer, Magic Circus, Hang Over, Summer Party (Millers' Polyp)
While Yeppoon managed to have: Kamikaze, Fun Factory, Dodgems (Shorts' old set), Big Whizzer, Big Wheel, Ultimate Party Machine, Ghost Train and a Jumbo Slide.

I don't know what the dates are for the Rocky show next year, but the council seems set on having it over the week-end from now on. Time will tell.......

DEEFA.
princess

Post by princess »

Are businesses trying to stop the show holidays, I believe Newcastle had their show holiday cancelled, quite frankly not sure if you have a Saturday and Sunday why you can't utilize those days??
speederbrad95

Post by speederbrad95 »

i think they are as i think the Gympie holiday will be there as the government has allowed 7 day trading in Gympie
Sit Back Hold Tight Here We Go!
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

i dont think we will have the holiday from now because of the trading we are allowed, once supermarkets and other shops are allowed to open on sundays public holidays are in the past then, they will be open on show holiday from now on and on other holidays except for ANZAC day and XMAS day, the times may depend on what holiday its on, the show one will most likely have the hours of 8:30am to 5:30pm, thats what i know... :)
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

thanks for the update DEEFA, it looks like a great show up there, would of loved to attended it, sounds like it would of been twice as biggest as Bundaberg's that i went to this year, most of what you said was at Bundys but it looks like what you said had way more rides then bundy, rockys show just sounds like a BIG show, hopefully ill be able to attend that show next year.... i would of loved to see and try Sky Flyer, ive only heard of it being at the EKKA, never heard of it at regional shows before??
I think i saw the dates for the show next year are 4th - 6th (Tues - Thurs), but that could be wrong?
do you have photos and or videos of the show??
princess

Post by princess »

I was talking about shows that are usually on Friday and Saturday the mid week shows probably won't change because they maybe restricted due to other timetables
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Any pics deefa?
"Slingshot , Engage"
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Sorry Josh, no pics. I think by now most people know what the rides look like by now. Just one thing I noticed with a lot of the rides this year was the use of the computer generated yank voice overs during the ride start up and ride durations themselves. You know, the "scream if you wanna go faster" and other phrases that were used on many of the rides. To me, I think the operators could drop these boring phrases and interact with riders on a personal level. They are starting to get well and truly BORING! Anybody else think so?

DEEFA.
Last edited by DEEFA DODGEM on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princess

Post by princess »

Deefa I made that exact comment after hearing it
at RES, it sounds disgusting, nothing bests hearing the operators egging people on, who is ever going to answer an automated machine its pure laziness.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I remember the first few rides to have them years ago now was the Mega Drop and Space Roller. They did sound good then cause they were something new/different etc. Now it's sh** cause everyone has them I know if I'm ever operating anything like the Power Surge at Sydney Show, I'd be spruicking heaps more and using the playbacks every now and then. then again though you find some operators don't even know how to spruick properly or they sound sh** :lol:
princess

Post by princess »

Spruiking is a gift of the gab, you have it or you don't, comes down to wit and how to read your public
benclare

Post by benclare »

The worst thing is it's not just confined to the rides and games but in the catering as well. I get thoroughly sick of being yelled at to try delicious American doughnuts and Choc Bananas in robotic voices. It doesn't make me hungry somehow! I often feel sorry for the workers behind the counter. They must want to smash the players just to stop the ongoing noise.