New Member guys ! And Info on Brookfield Show !

Ekkafan03

New Member guys ! And Info on Brookfield Show !

Post by Ekkafan03 »

Hey there guys ! :D
I'm new here and may I say I am excited to be on this forum ! I really do hope I get to know some of you guys well in the future to come :)
Now to kick off my first topic I would like to talk about a small local show near my place called the Brookfield Show.

The Brookfield Show is a small local show held from the 19 - 21 of May at the Brookfield Showgrounds and as a lot of local's there trying to sell things and animals on display. It also has a Sideshow Alley with a good load of Games to play, Kiddies rides and 5 thrill rides each year.

I have known In the pass there has been some really good rides like The Round-up, Alpine Express and The hurricane in the past 6 years 8) but it's the last 3 years I was impressed with:

In 2010 the Line-up of rides were:
CTLS' Tilt - $7 - X3
The Ultimate Party Machine - $7 - X5
Power Surge - $8 - x9
Paratrooper - $7 - x1
Dodgems - $6 - did not ride
+ Kiddies rides
All these rides did very well except The Paratrooper only have minimum riders since the ride looked * boring *

In 2011 the line-up was:
CTLS' Tilt - $8 - X3
The Ultimate Party Machine - $7 - X4
Power Surge - $8 - X6
Wave Swinger - $8 - X2
Dodgems - $6 - X1
+ Kiddies Rides
Wave Swinger replaced Paratrooper for it's low performance in 2010 but Wave Swinger was worse. No riders at all. I kinda felt sorry for the guys operating it since they had no business, so I jumped on twice since I have never been on a Wave Swinger before. Wave Swinger did not return this year. But was Replaced by a ride I have waited so long to go on ! :D :D

This year the 2012 line-up was:
CTLS' Tilt - $8 - X1
The Ultimate Part Machine - $7 - X1
Power Surge - $8 - X3
Ex Durkins Claw - $8 - X12
Finally ! The Claw ! Saw it in 2005 at the Ekka and was to scared to go on it ! But didn't go to the Ekka until 2010 when It wasn't there :( But to see it at a small local show like this made me really excited. Went on it 12 times and It was giving full rides and long rides too ! A brilliant machine, so glad to see it again and that's another ride I have always wanted to go on bumped off ! I do hope to see Chaos in QLD sometime soon because It's that, The Zipper and No Limit I want to ride now :twisted:

I have attached a photo of the claw below

Anyway Hope I get to know some of you and even meet you at some shows and show you that a Young Kid isn't afraid of big rides ! Next event I will be at is the Ekka already saving up my ride money :D
Ekkafan03
Attachments
sound.jpg
sound.jpg (180.24 KiB) Viewed 9609 times
Steve07

Re: New Member guys ! And Info on Brookfield Show !

Post by Steve07 »

Hey Ekkafan03 welcome, being on this forum will make you love more rides and know much much more others in the future, im from Gympie 2 hrs north of Brissie, come to my show and your be even more amazed of what your see in rides and joints, our show runs the same weekend as yours and most years its got good ride line ups... :) its nice to meet new members... :)
princess

Post by princess »

Welcome Ekkafan, very extensive first post. Brookfield is a lovely show ground.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes welcome and great first post! I'm sure you will learn a lot about the amusement industry as I have since joining AAF some ten years ago.
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Welcome to the AAF! This site is awesome! I am very jealous that you got to check out the Claw! I can't believe it's in such great nick! Hope you have fun in the AAF!
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys ! :D AAF sounds like a friendly community !
I will be sure to get to know more of you guys as time goes on and Info on rides from the past and future as I am very interested in Australian Fair's and Shows :)
I would love to go to different shows around the state I live in ( QLD ) But since I'm only a young fella parents would travel me to places like Gympie for their show :( one day I'll get there.
I also went to Ipswich show that same weekend and had a pretty impressive line-up to !
Dodgem Cars
Sky Walker ( This ride really hurts my downstairs area :shock: )
Sea Circus
Flash Dance ( Didn't go on it until this year )
Cyber Party
Whizzer
And a few others.
I hope to contribute in some forums and share my knowledge of Australian rides and learn some stuff off you guys aswell :)
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

well ekkafan03 i say come up here to next years show in Gympie and see what your missing... :)
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

Ekkafan03 wrote:I would love to go to different shows around the state I live in ( QLD ) But since I'm only a young fella parents would travel me to places like Gympie for their show :( one day I'll get there.
I really need to read what I type :oops: Great way to start off my time on here. Parent's wouldn't travel me for their show only

But anyway If I skip the Brookfield Show and Ipswich Show I might get a chance to go to Gympie for the whole weekend and not just one day ;) What rides do they usually have?
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Ekkafan03 wrote:
Ekkafan03 wrote:I would love to go to different shows around the state I live in ( QLD ) But since I'm only a young fella parents would travel me to places like Gympie for their show :( one day I'll get there.
I really need to read what I type :oops: Great way to start off my time on here. Parent's wouldn't travel me for their show only

But anyway If I skip the Brookfield Show and Ipswich Show I might get a chance to go to Gympie for the whole weekend and not just one day ;) What rides do they usually have?
well most years its the same old ones in thrill rides, like Davis Zipper (red cages), Big Wheel, March's Big Whizzer, Pinks Amusements Kiddie rides, Hang Over, Alpine Express, Lots of Dogems and lots of other thrill rides, we get sometimes really good thrill rides like Speed, XXXL, we had Disk O last year but not this year, most people that i know say the show isnt good its always the same and they rather go to dreamworld then the show, i can understand that cause of the money wise but its a great atmosphere and to experience a regional show.. i have never been to the EKKA so oneday if i have the money ill go to it....??
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Ekkafan, great first post. You have a good memory for prices. The Claw is an under-rated piece of equipment.

If you go to Gympie you won't be seeing a Zipper as it's been sold
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep agree about the Claw which is nauseating IMO but a lot of fun too. It sure was a sensation when it debuted in 2000.
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

oh so is that true Zamperla about the Zipper been sold, how come?, i last saw it at bundaberg last week, thats if your talking about Davis one or someone elses??
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Has Flashdance been sold or is it still owned by Dales?
princess

Post by princess »

wonder who bought it????
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

How many Zipper's does AUS have? really want to go on one.