Gympie Show 2013

speederbrad95

Re: Gympie Show 2013

Post by speederbrad95 »

Hurricane wrote:Due to unforeseen circumstances please don't come visit me on the Hurricane as I am not there :P

Hope the show goes well though and if anyone's taken any pictures it would be great to see!
yes as i was told by Chris it is not there.
i took some tonight and will take more tomorrow and try to find the USB so i can upload them
Sit Back Hold Tight Here We Go!
speederbrad95

Post by speederbrad95 »

and someone is taking photos who i think my be on here
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

would also like to congratulate Steve Simpson (steve07) for winning 2K in tonight's Great Cash Giveaway
Thanks Brad for that...
and Brad that could of been me I would say but who knows it could be another guy, I was taking pics....

to give you an idea til brad and me post the pics up soon

I'll be posting them up on my Photobucket page after the show...

well here's the official ride line-up as follows

Big Wheel
Hang Over
TPA's Extreme
Speed
XXXL
Maze of Mirror
Break Dance
(*NEW*) Airma XX 360
Alpine Express
Space Roller
Dodgems 2x
Mini Wheel & Kiddie Rides + Joints
Dales Flash Dance
Haunted Darkride
(*NEW*) 9-D Cinema
March's Big Whizzer
Motor Bikes 2x
and Games + Joints

hope it helps. and Hurricane its sad to not see Hurricane at Gympie but I can understand... :)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

What is Airma XX 360???
speederbrad95

Post by speederbrad95 »

Steve07 wrote:
would also like to congratulate Steve Simpson (steve07) for winning 2K in tonight's Great Cash Giveaway

and Brad that could of been me I would say but who knows it could be another guy, I was taking pics....
no it wasn't you. it was a stocky guy with an SLR camera
speederbrad95

Post by speederbrad95 »

well it is day two and the sun is shining and is going to be a perfect day
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Not a bad line-up, looking forward to photos. Airmaxx 360 is Clint Watkin's brand new Safeco Hang-Jump (or a Techno Jump with spinning seats on the end of the arms) http://www.safeco-rides.com/ingles/prod ... ltos08.htm

Pretty sure this is the first show for the ride aswell
speederbrad95

Post by speederbrad95 »

Top Gunner14 wrote:Not a bad line-up, looking forward to photos. Airmaxx 360 is Clint Watkin's brand new Safeco Hang-Jump (or a Techno Jump with spinning seats on the end of the arms) http://www.safeco-rides.com/ingles/prod ... ltos08.htm

Pretty sure this is the first show for the ride aswell
yes i would have to be as they have no proper signage for it yet
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Ah, I knew someone was looking at getting BN Smashing Jump... interesting to see that that rumor ended up becoming true, well... at least a similar ride. IMO the Smashing Jump appears to be a bit more intense than the Safeco variant, but still looks very good.
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

hey everyone ive just uploaded the photos of the show on my Photobucket page and also I have 2 videos as well, the link is below this, let us know what you think of the show, hope you like these pics & videos...
http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/steve ... t=3&page=1
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Space roller is looking very nice, glad the multi coloured panels at the end of the arms are gone too. I will say from watching the video of Airmaxx 360 I think I prefer the Techno Jump styles... It doesn't appear that the gondola's spin very much to add to the overall experience. The new LED's on Break Dance however look exceptional, along with the lights on Airmaxx
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

I know right... break dance has great lighting I must say this year, and about airmaxx 360 if I recorded more you would of seen it jumped higher and more slower, very similar to techno jump I reckon, just that the seats turn around. I would prefer to ride techno jump.

and space roller had a few troubles over the 3 days of the show, sometimes you see no lights work and other times the safety harness on the seats weren't opening at the end of rides, they had to take the centre section of the lights in between the arms to fix it...?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

That would be likely where the harness unlocking computers are located if i'm not mistaken, so taking off the lighting cover would provide easier access to it.
speederbrad95

Post by speederbrad95 »

Steve07 wrote:I know right... break dance has great lighting I must say this year, and about airmaxx 360 if I recorded more you would of seen it jumped higher and more slower, very similar to techno jump I reckon, just that the seats turn around. I would prefer to ride techno jump.

and space roller had a few troubles over the 3 days of the show, sometimes you see no lights work and other times the safety harness on the seats weren't opening at the end of rides, they had to take the centre section of the lights in between the arms to fix it...?
the reason some of the lights wern't working early on was because they had them unplugged. and with the harnesses not releasing i think it was a control valve issue as they were bleeding the system when i saw it happen