Cracker Jack Carnival 2013

Force10

Cracker Jack Carnival 2013

Post by Force10 »

Went down to Cracker Jack carnival tonight, great line up and good atmosphere.

Ride Line Up
Claw
Midnight Madness
Kamikaze
Cyber Party
Miami (Youngs)
Cha Cha (Dales)
Dogems
Wave Swinger
Chants Wheel

+ Games, Kids Rides and Food Joints.

Pretty good line up for a small carnival, these showmen will form part of Sunny Coast show in two weeks. I have to say Claw was the absolute stand out ride. I love this ride, so pleased its actually travelling!! Durkins kept it too tucked away. Generally Watkins gear is looking awesome. All lights working and paint liking sharp. Possibly making a play to get more on at Ekka this year?? Cyber Party has disappointed me twice now, very jerky and somewhat slow. Did lift this time, but really not as intense as I know this ride can get.managed to ride everything at least once, even wheel & wave swinger! Rides were cheap 6-8 bucks, nice good value.
Have pics will load later.
Cheers
Force
Hurricane

Re: Cracker Jack Carnival 2013

Post by Hurricane »

I was at Crackerjack last night as well and honestly based on previous years it was crap. There was no atmosphere at all and the lineup is down from alot of years. Notable rides that were missing included, Freestyle, Super Trooper, Hurricane and Rock n Roll.

Cyber Party was looking better with the new LED lights on the cars and the signs, but I honestly will admit the ride cycle was pretty average. It just seemed sluggish and took ages to speed up. It didn't seem to do much until it lifted then it got a bit better I guess... as it came back down to the ground I will admit it whipped me around quite a bit but I know damn well how much better this ride can run and it was a disappointment.

As far as the CLAW goes, I had not ridden it since 2006 - 2007 and I hated the ride because how much it hurt my shoulders. I gave it another try last night and by god i'm glad I did. This ride is bloody amazing! This ride is now up there with my favorites including Skywalker, Extreme, Space Roller and No Limit... I really do hope this ride makes it back onto the capitals as IMO Watkins are finally running it to it's full potential. Not to mention it's looking great with all the new lights.

I do have to give a quick mention to the Wave Swinger though... that ride is running so smooth it's not funny now. You can't even hear the ride as it's starting up or slowing down either and was just a relaxing ride. I really do hope that Cyber Party gets some work done to it as it really needs it...