ROCKY SHOW 2013

DEEFA DODGEM

ROCKY SHOW 2013

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Well the Rocky show is on this Friday to Sunday again clashing with the weekend Yeppoon show. The rides are starting to roll in including: Crazy Coaster, Space Roller, Flash Dance, Alien Abduction, Crazy Cars, Shorts Zipper, Davis' Wheel, Several Dodgems, Extreme, and what I think is a new wheel from FJF racked on a single trailer with about 12 carriages called Expo Wheel. Will update further as the week progresses.

DEEFA.
Steve07

Re: ROCKY SHOW 2013

Post by Steve07 »

yes DEEFA i would of say that would be FJF's expo wheel, it would of came from bundy last week because it was there, i must say that the LED's look great on the wheel, it just brighten's it up at night, still i thought to myself having 3 wheels at an regional show is weird and is it worth having that many, most of the time when i was there FJF wasnt getting many people, where as the others were still getting pretty good loads but it could of been just for the time i was there, i dont know but i hope they did well..
i would say Speed, Ali baba and maybe Tornado will be in rocky from Monday, thats if they do attend, i saw them at the Gin Gin show.

i will be attending the rocky show this year, but dont know what day yet probably the people's day i would say, i havent been to this show before so this will be my first time, and i have no idea where to park, is there a car park for the public cause i dont know where to park???
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Hi Steve, good to hear you are making it to Rocky this year. Will try to catch up some where. There is plenty of free parking around the showgrounds available early, failing that, there is paid ($5 - $7) day/night parking at Rocky High School grounds straight across the road. A few more rides have arrived: Ali Baba, Hang Over, Energy Storm, Alpine Express, Midnight Express and more should roll in tomorrow after Emerald finishes today. I noticed they have changed the "Crazy Coaster"to the "Spinning Coaster". More updates as they happen......

DEEFA.
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Hey everyone I have uploaded the photos and videos of the show on my Photobucket page, the link is below this, let us know what you think of them..
Enjoy!
http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/steve ... how%202013
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Cheers again for all the photos. Good to see Alpine Express is getting a new paint-job and some lighting, spose there's a bit more competition now with the midnight Express on the run
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Thanks for sharing! How do you get the time to visit so many shows!
All the equipment is looking great. First time I've seen DDS wheel with the finishing centre circle on in a long time! Has been absent every show I've seen it.
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

well Force 10 I was on holidays so I decided to travel to all the shows between Maryborough and Rockhampton and after rocky I went back home and that weekend I went down to Nambour to see their show, I wasted a lot of money but it was so so worth it doing them shows and I thought I haven't seen crazy coaster in a long while and thought I have to see it because probably it will never attend Gympie any more!
yeah I noticed a few years ago DDS's wheel didn't have the star on all the time, I kept seeing it racked on the trailer at all the shows I went to except for rocky and im thinking why here? maybe its because of the show as how big the town is or something else but yeah I don't know why they wont put the star on, it just looks way better with it on....