Parkes show cancelled

illusions

Parkes show cancelled

Post by illusions »

The parkes show has been cancelled due to several horses that had been infected with the hourse flu. A total of 400 horses were expected at this years events. The whole showgrounds is currently under quarantined with horses not alot allowed to move until further notice. All showman and all there equipment had to be pulled down and out of the showgrounds by yesterday afternoon. I believe that all the show societies around parkes are having a meeting at the end of the week too discuss the problem.
illusions
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yikes, I feel sorry for the showmen and the owners of the horses!
benclare

Post by benclare »

The equine flu affected the Penrith Show too. There weren't any horses with the illness there but owners were prevented from transporting the animals to and from the Showground which meant most of the events had to be canceled. It's a good thing the RES isn't on until next April; this problem would really affect it I think.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

hopefully it doesnt affect Melbourne Cup, or Oaks Day.... lol I cant miss out on a day to get trashed!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Just make sure if you get smashed, not to ride the Zipper or anything like that, It may be acceptable to do it, but just be wary of mates with cameras :twisted:
princess

Post by princess »

Lol Huss, ditto.
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

last time i road the zipper at kiama i had about 12 beers in me i think? it was bloody great! and the first time i road speed i had about 8 cans bundy n coke lol. Going on rides drunk defently makes the experince alot more better but i wouldnt recomend it if you cant hold your grog very well!
ride the zipper!!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

benclare said:
[quote]The equine flu affected the Penrith Show too. There weren't any horses with the illness there but owners were prevented from transporting the animals to and from the Showground which meant most of the events had to be canceled. It's a good thing the RES isn't on until next April; this problem would really affect it I think.[/quote]

Yeh, all the horse events were cancelled at Penrith. as for Parkes, my mate at school, his aunty is one of the boss' for youngs and they had to get out of there. Shame bout Parkes though.

Cheers
Top Gunner14