St Dom's School Fete

Top Gunner14

St Dom's School Fete

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well, today my dad and i took a trip to the st dom's scool fete at penrith. Only reason i went cause of Dean Davis taken the zipper there.
Here was the rides list, nothing to good:

Zipper
Jungle Challenge
Bungee Tramps
2 Jumping Castles
Some kid's rides

Well, today i met Dean Davis 4 the first time. Nice bloke, funny bloke, also saw Ashley there 2. Having a chat about the show circuit and what's going on and even some suprise news that i probably shouldn' mention. Zipper was looking good. Cars have been painted a darker blue with the boom still yellow.

I got a free :wink: :lol: ride on the zipper. And 4 everyone who thinks the Bad Ass is the fastest in Aus. Think again. The Davis zipper is the fastest and boy, did i find out it was. I got on, started off slowly as usual but then whipped us around so fast. THIS WAS THE MOST INTENCE RIDE I'VE EVER HAD ON A ZIPPER :!: I came off the zipper a bit dizzy :!: I have never felt like this ever after coming of a ride. Had a great long ride (cause dean was drivin :lol: ) about a 6-7 min ride. So much fun, thanx dean. Here r a couple of pics i took:

Dean also told me pretty soon, he's gonna paint the rest of the ride like the boom etc, get new arrow lights made up 4 the boom, still it looks good now but it will look fantastic when its done. Also, would've been better if they booked the Top Gun hey Ash Lol :lol: :wink: Good 2 meet u Dean.

Haha, hi dean and Ashley :lol: !!!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good on you! Yes the Zipper is very intense; glad you enjoyed it.

There are many small carnivals operating around Sydney at the moment. the Moon Festival is currently on in Cabramatta and I think O'Neil's are doing that one. Unfortunately I am at work so will miss out. :(
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I have been on it alot the zipper. But this one was definately 10/10. As i said, the new paint job and lites will look good on it once its done. Lookin forward 2 it dean. Look better than the bad ass Lol!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

LEAVE THE DAMN NEONS ON IT! far out, its retro and its bloody awesome, I hate when people "cheapen" up a ride, ugh damn annoying
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

^

Considering they are just fluro tubes now, not neon's. I haven't seen what this ride looks like at night, so I can't really comment. Although I didn't notice some artwork on the main support and down the back. It looks as though it's slowly going through a overhaul, so who knows what we may end up with.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

well they look far better than the new chance lighting... TACKY AS
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep, dean just had them done. He said it is going to look great soon. Paintin the boom and everythin else. It mite look better than shorts soon
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmm... I will agree that the fluro's do look better than the lights on the new Chance models. However I think they need replacing and made to look a bit more modern, maybe even have them flicker on and off in a pattern perhaps? I personally like the lighting scheme on Johnny Castles "Mean Mother Zipper" (Ex Watkins) and once that the refurbishment is done, I think it will also give Shorts Zipper a run for it's money. I still can't really comment on the Dean Davis unit, as I haven't seen it since Gold Coast Show.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I will be expecting to see one decked out with LED's at some point, it is almost inevitable.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The fluros he has on now aren't to bright. He has the same light scheme as johnney's but he has the bulbs and dean has the fluros.
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

ive ridden that zipper before at the kiama show its a awsome unit it gave me a great ride to i wish i had known i was going to be at penrith! i would have loved to have a ride
ride the zipper!!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Shorts is still amazing, I just dont like the overkill of red on the cages... people take a look at the U.S Models... at least paint the grill parts white, and keep the red shell .... ugh some people lol
benclare

Post by benclare »

Obviously the artwork on these rides does nothing for me; it's the on ride experience I look for.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I agree with Chris here, the red on the Shorts unit is just too much, I also think that if the grills were white, and maybe even had a lightning bolt or another pattern on the side of the carriages (like the Ex. Watkins one had) It would look stunning. Here's hoping Dean does some car artwork too in the future.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

ZipperDude, u'll b happy 2 know that dean's takin it to kiama again. I think dean is going to do some work to the cars. And huss, i compared the davis and short's zipper, and this one was way better than shorts. I've got to say too, the red it a bit too much
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

lol of course its better... it used to belong to Wittingslow hehe
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes i know Huss Lol.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

oh how I hope I see PIRATE at rye again! I love that thing, im glad wittingslow brought it back
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I think that will b back down at rye for xmas. Also enterprice is coming back in the nxt couple of months. Witts are just doing hire work most of the time. SO i think they won't b back on the show circuit anytime soon

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Enterprise coming back? this is great news, I may finally get to ride Witts for the first time.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Tis must b true, i was told this from dean davis
princess

Post by princess »

Did Witts get Rye again, I heard that another outfit put in an application to do Rye, instead of Witts. (this outfit is another biggee)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Have u heard who princess :?:
princess

Post by princess »

Yes I know, sorry but not at liberty to say any thing further at this time.
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

Top Gunner thanks for the news about the zipper coming back to kiama i cant wait to see it once its overhaul is complete when i own my zipper it will have all the different eddies from iron maiden airbrushed on the back of the cars
ride the zipper!!