Blacktown Show 2008 (review and pics added)

princess

Post by princess »

Oz the tilt went to Bourkes for a short while, then bought back by Les Osborne, but prior to that was an Osborne tilt, as stated before owned by John Osborne.
luvrides

Post by luvrides »

I am over the couple of persons who use this website ( a very credible website) to push the. guild spin. I have worked with the Osbornes. Some of the comments such as Blacktown review was very fair and honest. Indeed the Skymaster needs a wash and paintwork. The quaruantine companys high pressure wash, spread oil and peeled paint of the ride. It has been booked in for a major paint job in the winter. It was delayed for 2 months so there was no time before the season to fix it. Secondly, the starchase speakers volume had to be lowered to 1 because it was next to the show stage.
Splash Canyon won the best ride at Sydney Show in 2002. It also received awards 2 other years. Osbornes were told that due to the fact that they have the Newcastle Show contract they will loose all their positions on Sydney which they have including their foodvans and Inflatables none which have ever been asked back . All flume rides all over the world leak water ,poor excuse. The biggest accident in 6 years at Sydney Show they had was a busted lip. All the accident ocurred before they bought the ride from Wittingslow and Durkins which they corrected.. Osbornes have had hundreds of requests from the public why the splash isnt on sydney show. Even so, over $100,000 was spent on the flume refurbishing it. The footage of the newly refurbished ride was sent to the RAS which was a waste of time obviously. On the other hand some of the guild members and their staff do a very good job especially at Sydney, the rides and games look the best in the world.It is a shame that politics get in the way. Australia is a free country and no people (staff, guild or independents) should feel they are more priveleged then others we are all the same.
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Wel I am a showmen and have been for a while, the reason that Sydney do not want the ride is not because of the Newcastle show contract. The ride did not pull poeple down that end as good as the galaxy does. Politics do not come into play because when a ride has had its day they say good by to it and bring in some thing better to replace it. I have rode the ride and it still would hurt you if you were not holding on, the change did not happen until last year because the first show was Singleton. I have worked Sydney for several years and went a number of years before that and can never remember a OFA foodvan or inflatable so go back to Les and Brit ,providing this is not one of you already and ask the Truth and see what they tel you.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

good to see rainbow still wins awards, it won silver last year in sydney, second best ride! OH YEAH
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

HAHA. I never knew that. But it does pull in alot of patrons. But id like to ride splash canyon again. But if they wanted to get it back, would be very hard with taipan in the spot now
benclare

Post by benclare »

I think Splash Canyon used to operate next to the Galaxy Coaster and March's Waveswinger with the Mad Mouse up the other end where the Crazy coaster now goes.

Incidentally, is O'Neil's ranger at this year's RES? Where abouts is it going to be located? I think it was next to Breakdance last year.
princess

Post by princess »

Sorry Oz, but I actually do remember Osbornes food van being there, near the sheep pav, probably the first two years of the show being at Homebush.
Last edited by princess on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

ranger is in the same spot as usual, between mega drop and the dodgems
luvrides

Post by luvrides »

oze, . I know the osbornes for years. Spoke to Les yesterday who said tha splash attracted heaps of people was always in the top 5 earners at Sydney. He also said flume rides are 2nd most poular in world after ferris wheels. All big shows and carnivals have them oversess.