Camden Show 2008 (Review and Pics added)

Top Gunner14

Camden Show 2008 (Review and Pics added)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The Camden show is on this weekend but just the 7th and 8th of March(friday and Saturday). Butusually attarcts a great lineup of rides. Heres the ones i know so far:
Zipper
Roc n Rol
Hurricane
Cha Cha
Music Trip
Tilt a Whirl
Alot more others usually go but will try and get the full lineup. And im trying to get down there for the show too and do my pics and review(not 100% sure if ill get there yet)

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrazyCoaster424

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

Thanks for that info topgunner. Well we know that Slingshot, Mega Drop, No Limit, Crazy Coaster, Wave Swinger, Power Surge, Techno Jump, Space Roller, Twin Flip or Ranger won't be there as they are all goin to Moomba this weekend! Look forwards to pics of Dean Davis Zipper!

CrazyCoaster
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Hope you can make it up there TopGunner, so you can give another good photo review. Likewise, I am curious to see more photo's of Dean's Zipper.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh im curious to see it too(and ride it). But ill try and find out the ride list. And i think speed might be going too. I hope i can get out there. Its still up in the air if ill go. But its usually a great turnout of rides there in recent years.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Speed going to Camden? :shock: :o I wasn't thinking of going because it's a long way from my place but I just may have to go down if Zipper and Speed are both there! :D
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Im not 100% if speeds there but zipper is
CrazyCoaster424

WOW, i know it may be not, but Speed at Camden, surprising (well for me!) I would love to ride Deans Zipper anyday now, when it was just Plain & Old, but now looks like it is gonna be re-painted by October for Shepparton Show, would love to ride it! CrazyCoaster
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Speed was at Camden in 2006 apparently. I dont know when the zipper will be complete, cause he cant just take it off the road as thats his money maker. The only other ride he has is a set of bungy tramps, so his got to keep it on the road for him to make money so he does little steps at a time with the touch ups
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

speed is at muswelbrook, along with
flash dance, hard rock, sky walker, halloween, dodgems ans super sizzler.

cheers Oz
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
CrazyCoaster424

Thanks ozshowkid! How is Sky Walker goin after needing a replacement motor?

CrazyCoaster
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

SkyWalker needed a Replacement motor? Damn I bet the Hennessy's weren't happy about that! I hope it will do some local QLD shows soon, or the Ekka.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

it must be fine now for sydney...... otherwise, give rainbow back its spot!
benclare

Post by benclare »

Thanks for the info Oz; I'll probably give Camden a miss despite the Zipper being there.

As for Sky Walker, it was out of action when I visited the Coffs Jetty Carnival before Christmas but I understand it has been running okay since then.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh i heard the hennesys had to buya new motor. Thanks for letin me know where speed is. Ill be goin to the show but just on Sat so i wont be able to get a pic of the zipper with its new lights. And ill be busy with the cattle so ill do my best to get some pics

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Im off to camden tomorrow. Will try my best to get pics and do the review. Will just be very busy with the cattle

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

G'day all, just back from Camden. Was a really fun show. Some good rides there. Will d the review later. Rides that were there:
3 Dodgem Tracks
2 Zippers
Breakdance
Techno Jump
Cha Cha
Hurricane
Roc n Rol
Music Trip
Ali Baba
Ferris Wheel
Haunted Mansion
Crazy Rider
Heaps of kids rides and inflatables
Heaps of games
A very fun day, with some great rides. Review coming up

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good one! A fantastic ride lineup for a show that only runs for two days. Can't wait for the review.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Camden show has come and gone. My first time at this show and its quite a good fun show. A beautiful warm day yesterday and there were alot of people here and there around the showground. Some good rides there but not as good in recent years with rides being there before included shockwave, speed, flashdance, mega drop, space roller, tilt a whirl and others. But still i got plenty of rides in.

Ali Baba: Everytime i looked at it, it was running. And most of the time was running full loads. Was much busier than it was at castle hill last week. But was running really well with good long ride cycles

Cha Cha: Loads of people jumping on and having a ride. As always at every event, very popular. Running very fast and good long ride cycles.

Crazy Rider: Looking nice and clean. Wasnt to many people rideing it. Dont think too many people like the idea of having to pay $6 to get a good exercise workout at a show! But was running well. (sorry, this is the only good pic i got of it)

Breakdance: I decided to have my first ride on Lauries breakdance. I kind of didnt cause ive been on the spider at Luna Park and it was very boring. But i got on and boy, it gives a much faster, longer and funner ride. A great long ride cycle and always looking spectacular everytime i see it.

Davis' Zipper: Looking absolutely fantastic with the new lighting. The sign has been repainted and has new lights, the booms got lights all up the pattern and on the wheels up the top too. The artwork on the tower looks brilliant as well. Was talking to Dean and he was telling me that the boom is going to be painted red and the cars maybe orange or something different and then all stickers on the back of the cars. So im definately looking forward to that. Then i had a ride with dean operating. I got in, sat down, held tight and off we went. First flipping backwards(well in my car) and it was so much fun, just constantly flipping. Then we reversed and went the other way and flipping forwards now. This was even more intence than before. Then the ride finished after about a 5-6 min ride cycle. And that was one of the best rides ive ever had on a zipper.

Haunted Mansion: Not attracting too many punters. A few people having a go. Looking nice and clean as usual

Hurricane: Looking good, a few people were havin ago. I jumped on and had ago. A very fun ride, lots of bouncing, lots of shoots into the air, a great long ride cycle. Very fun

Music Trip: A couple of people having a ride. The operator also giving alot of interaction with the riders. Speaking throughout the whole ride cycle. Also giving a good long cycle too.

Roc n Roll: Looking nice and clean, a heap of people riding it. Just watching the ride, there was alot of flipping and sometimes momentarily the car would stop upside down. But giving a good cycle of about 4 mins

Shorts Zipper: Looking great. Nice and clean giving a good cycle. But couldn’t compete with Deans zipper with his zipper winning with the crowds. You could also see Deans zipper running much faster than the Bad Ass. But still a great ride.

Techno Jump: Had my first ride on this also. Looking very nice and I really like the paintjob. But was missing the disco ball on top which made it look a bit poor. But runs really fast which it doesn’t look like when u watch. One arm wasn’t working either. But we spun around for a while than the arms got to their height. Then it started jumping. I love the sound when you shoot up too. And the dropping is great fun jerking you around. Then had the different modes and sequences of jumping. Then we slowed down and went backwards and that was great fun too. I used to just look at this ride and walk off but it’s a really great family ride.

A great day overall and cant wait to next years show.

Enjoy!!!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
CrazyCoaster424

Good review top gunner! I love Deans lights, simply Spectacular!!! I can't wait till he has finished it, It will look awsome! Also noticed that Dean added some numbers on the cars, they wern't on their a couple of weeks ago so they must be new! I agree with your statement Top Gunner about Lauries Breakdance, that its much faster than Luna Park Sydneys 'Spider'. Bit of a disapointment about the disco ball on Techno Jump. Deans Zipper will look awsome at night now, infact spectacular. Thanks heaps for them photos!

CrazyCoaster
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good job as always. I'm yet to ride the Techno Jump if you can believe it; perhaps I'll give it a go at this year's RES. Boy did I do a stupid thing skipping Camden! I'll put it in my calendar for next year no doubt about that.
CrazyCoaster424

benclare, let me tell you Techno Jump is the best! All the differnt computed sequences are thrilling, but not like Hurricane. I would discribe the Techno Jump as a slower, tamer, lower Hurricane. The ride is very good, much better to compared to TPA's Super Jump!

CrazyCoaster
benclare

Post by benclare »

Thanks for that CrazyCoaster. I have stood and watched TJ year after year and have either run out of time or money by the time I got around to that area of the carnival at the RES. I'll definitely give it a go this year and will let you know what I thought; it does sound like fun!

Actually there are a few rides I'm still yet to try; Energy Storm and Insanityy are two that come to mind and Sky Walker which will surely be checked out before long. :)
CrazyCoaster424

Don't worry benclare, I haven't even rode: Hard Rock, Zipper, No Limit, Power Surge, Twin Flip, Speed, Hurricane, Miami, Hangover, Energy Storm, Insanity, Chaos, Wave Swinger and some others. I have only ever been to Shepparton Show. I'm goin to get around to some others like Melbourne, Geelong, Benidgo, Seymour.

CrazyCoaster
princess

Post by princess »

Ben Techno was a great ride, we might just do this together, but last time I rode this I ended up with a bruise that lasted 2 weeks, so I am a little worried about that.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

you're missing out mate!!!!