2008 Royal Easter Show reviews

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'll do it later. Probably on the weekend. Its gonna be big!!! And i conqured No Limit twice!! Its awesome. A great ride
CrazyCoaster424

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

I can't wait top gunner!!!!! Could ya please do it very soon, I would love to see pics and ur review!

Crazy Coaster
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, ill get onto it. Ill get all the pics off my camera and do my review. its gonna take me ages Lol!!!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Just got back from Sydney, my 4th visit at the show.... Oz, mate gotta hand it to you, you definetly know how to push Space Roller... I swear, some of the motions on that thing I have never felt before! and thanks for giving my tunes a spin... sounded awesome!!
kiwi

Easter Show

Post by kiwi »

Looking forward to it now, flying over Sunday and coming home Tuesday. Should get out to the show a couple of times, along with a visit to Luna Park.
princess

Post by princess »

Have you been before Kiwi, we will definitely look forward to what you have to say.
kiwi

Easter Show

Post by kiwi »

No first Aussie fair was EKKA last year, three of us coming over so should be fun.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

U'll have a great time at RES. Will do my review shortly. Sorry its been put off
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I can now finally do my review for everyone. Sorry, ive been back and forth to the show all week with the cattle and ive been very busy. Hope you all enjoy it. Well Sydney show 2008, where should i start. Perfect weather all week with crowds flocking to show especially the easter long weekend. Lots of people enjoying themselves. The new rides for this year were March's Skywalker, Goldenway's Halloween Ghost Train and O'neill's Wacky Worm Kids Coaster. The Kids Carnival was packed wih kids everywhere. A ride missing this year was the Circus Circus which had wacky worm in its spot. But other than that, everything was as normal in the kids area with O'neill's Waveswinger doing very well with lots of people riding it and looking as good as ever. Same with Joyland's Rockin Tug. Always had kids on it and great interaction from the operators to the riders getting them to enjoy the ride and have some fun too.

The Main Carnival on Australia Ave was bursting with people young and old. Some great new rides and some great classics lined up one of the best carnival areas in Australia. As i said the new rides on the block the skywalker which looks absolutly stunning and the Halloween which was also very busy everytime i saw it. But a bit of a shame with a couple of old favourites missing with the likes of Scorpion and the Supa Sizzler. The operators would have been extremly happy with the number of patrons having rides on all the equipment especially over the long weekend.

Power Surge: Looking great evertime i see it. Had the sound system pumping with great music. Looked fantastic at night with all the colured lights. Great interaction from the operator. The backwall looks amazing and Joylands should be proud to own this fantastic machine. Giving a great long ride cycle, lots of tipping upside down and side to side from the gravitational forces. A very fun ride and i would say one of the favourite rides at the show.

Halloween: Had some problems with it before and while the show was running in the last couple of days. But they seemed to have been solved for now. Was very bsy with lots of people lineing up to have a go of this brand new ghost train. Looks great IMO with spectacular artwork all over the machine and looked stunning at night with all different coloured lights. Didnt ride it as im not a ghost train fan. But i left it up to all the other riders to have a go. We'll see how this goes in the future and hopefully no more problems fo Broderick Pavier.

Hard Rock: One of the most popular rides in Australia. Looks fantastic especially at night with all the different coloured lighting. Always had people lining up to have ago of this machine that Technical Park are famous for introducing to the world. Great swing height lots air time and a great long ride cycle.

Mega Drop: Had a people lining up to have a drop from the top. Looked great at night with all the different coloured LED lights. Was very popular at times with a heap of people lining up to ride and at other times hardly anyone. But operating at serious speeds and is always funny watching the people just coming down the tower with the shock look on their faces. Didnt get any pics of it either(sorry)

Ranger: Havent had a ride on this for ages. But i decided to go and have a ride on it. Jumped in and the ride started, swinging back and forth until ot got over the top. And some great speed when going over the top, just constatly going over and over a heap of times. Then stopped at the top for a breather and then back the other way and gathering speed everytime we came around. Then we started to slow down and the ride stopped. A very fun ride and just hearing those motors run was excellent. I love the sound of those motors. O'neills have seemed to keep this ride in great condition. A great old favourite.

Speed: Standing tall over the carnival. In the same spot as last year. Had a ride and i must say, i dont get to much thrill from it anymore. But a great long ride cycle and lots of flipping over the top and upside down. Then the ride kicked into reverse and back the other way and more upside down time, operating very fast. I love the seats on it too, they are very comfy and i could sit there all day. Sitting up the top is also great, i had a great view of the carnival area and the sydney city skyline. Was popular at times but then no one in the line at others.

Zipper: I missed out on riding it which was a bit unfortunate. But everytime i looked it was running, never running full loads. But giving a good long ride cycle, running pretty fast in both directions and looked good at night with all the lights running and the backdrop looks good too. Music was blarring out too and a great classic ride. Im still glad its on the midways of our royal shows.

RollerGhoster: Looking fantastic as always. Great artwork all over the ride, always had people riding. The graveyard TPA have made was fatastic adding a more stunning feature and apperance to the ride.

SLingshot: Had a heap of peolpe on it over the long weekend but only ran sometimes during the week. Had all the lights running on it at night and looked great. And watching the videos of the peolpe on it is very funny too. Operating for 30 coupons and some people wouldnt care for that price as some people would.

No Limit: Looking stunning. A great Mondial machine. The operator giving a good 3 min ride. Had a new back tarp as well. Lots of upside down time and loads of flipping. Had my first ride ever on this 5G powermachine. Hopped into the seat and hoped for the best. The restrains closed up and the podium started to drop. Then you hear "yeh yeh riders its your time to fly high, sit back, hold tight hear we go." Then you hear the fan above you start to spin and we start swinging back and forth. Then we finally stop at the top, the brake is released then we fall to the ground spinning then back to the top the gondala then stays in a position and we fly through the station upside down, felling the G forces pin you to the seat. Continually doing this for the 3 min ride cycle. then we came to a stop and i got off. And i tell you what a fantastic ride. Watching it is worse but when you have a ride, its fantastic. I even went back and had a second go.

ENJOY! The rest will be up very soon

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Great review Topgun - you've kept your high standard of detail and variety, and ridden more rides than most could handle. Glad you finally got to give NO LIMIT a go - have you tried riding it at night?

I look forward to seeing part II of your photos.
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Hi guys, this is Crazy Coaster. I have had some trouble with my user name & password, with logging in to AAF, so i've signed up with a new name: Space Roller Freak. Hey Top Gunner, great photos and ofcourse the review, I can't wait for Part 2! Also, ozshowkid, will the new Space Roller signs be identical to the old ones?

Space Roller Freak aka Crazy Coaster
benclare

Post by benclare »

Brilliant Topgunner; definitely worth the wait for your review!

I'm glad you enjoyed No Limit; it's a great ride no doubt about that. Incidentally, did you get to try it Huss? Would be interested in your oppinion if you did.

I'm heading back tomorrow for the last time this year and will do a review. I'll be fairly easy to spot if any AAF members are wandering around the carnival; come and say G'day! :)
princess

Post by princess »

mmmmmm Yes Huss how did you go with No Limit.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Haha i doubt it. I didnt go on all the rides there. I went on power surge, speed, ranger, no limit, ferrari 500's. In the second part, ill tell u what i went on. Heres part 2, here we go..................

Taipan: Decided to take a ride on the taipan. I got into the train and the seats are so squished together, no room to move. There was a train not running either. We left the station, then we got up to the lift hill, up we went and we went down the first drop, very fun and the second drop is even better! Then we went around the hairpin turns very fast which was great fun, then across the station roof and another set of hairpins. Then back to the station. Im glad i tried this out. A very fun rollercoaster.

Skywalker: The ultimate new thrill ride for 2008. And haven't the hennesy twins made a great descision to buy this fantastic machine. Wasn't working sunday night. There was a problem, they would keep testing it and stopping it so i missed out. But gave it a go on Monday. Hoped in to the seats. A very good design with the dangling system, i thought its a great design rather than an ordenary seat, wasnt to comfortable for the manhood, but then we got going. Got to half the height then the machine started to go around, then the seats start to do front flips, backflips(depends what side ur on). But very fun, then the ride starts to rise to its maximum height, the gondalas stop spinning then the whole machine starts to turn, then the seats spin again, some intense spinning getting spun back and forth and ur legs nearly hit the centre pole which was a bit alarming. Then we went the other way, spinning in all directions possible. Then the ride started to fall and it was over. A very good ride indeed and nothing like the space roller. The lighting is awesome, all the LED lights were on flashing in all different motions, the artwork on the back wall is amazing, such great work by KMG, they really know how to make a good ride. Just about everything about this ride is fabulous! A great ride and can't wait to ride it in the future.

Raupen Bahn: Taking the position of the breakdance. Was pretty popular but didnt have my vote. It looks pretty good but who decided to put it there instead of the breakdance??? And i couldnt believe it was back. Couldnt it be replaced by the scorpion or the supa sizzler? But it was there, and there was nothing i could do about it. Looked great at night, the presentation is pretty great but the actual music xpress ride, is crap.

Space Roller: The ultimate party machine. Looking as good as it did when it made its debut in Australia. Russel has sure kept this ride looking great. Missing the signs was a bit disappointing but there are some new ones on the way here. Had ozshowkid behind the operators panel and wasnt he doing a great job. Talked to him for some time and then i decided to have a ride. Looked great at night, all lights working, the strobes flashing and the lasers were going too. Hoped in then the ride started, spinning forwards first and some intence flipping and rocking. Had the soundsystem pumping while we were riding which was great as it always is. Then the main arm stopped and it was time to unwind and rewind, the arm then started to spin backwards, the main wheel stopped for a couple of rotations then it too started to go backwards, going through the station was unbelivable, we were going so fast that my feet would go numb everytime we went through, then after that we were flipping constantly with some very intense turns i have ever felt on the space roller. Then the ride was finished, and what a great operator Ozshowkid is. Honestly, put him on as full time operator. A fantastic ride and always a great expierience to ride the ultimate party machine-the space roller.

Chaos: Looking as good as ever, nothing different about it, didnt get a chance to ride it. Was very popular on sunday and monday. But wasnt working on wednesday or thursday. There was just no one to operate it. But when it was running, giving a good ride cycle, just watching the tubs flipping was great, just constatly flipping back and forth.

Thunderbolt: Another great ride on our midways. But some sad news that it will only be doing capital shows and the xmas carnival from now on. No more reginal or country news, this is because Bell's staff shortages have become so bad, they cant run it at any other shows. The workers on it were the ones that operate all the other bells rides like tornado, music trip, hurri, cha and others. But i was glad to see it, and looking spectacular. All lights were working at night, a new red and yellow tarp on top of the ride, and was as popular as ever. I had a ride on it and it was running very fast. The op giving lots of interaction with the riders and really pushing the ride to its liits. Was running much faster than it was at the xmas carnival. Running very fast and then the siren comes on and the ride is at its ultimate speed and very fun the cars swinging right wout over the hills. The siren ends and the ride slows down and stops. Then its time to go backwards, and even more fun running really fast in reverse too. Gathering speed, the sound of the heavy metal whells running along the track and swinging in and out over the hills and gulleys. Then the siren comes on again and the ride is running at its fastest, then the siren stops again then the ride slows down to a stop. What a great ride, Elwin Bell sure has kept it in emaculate shape. A great ride and one i will never get bored of.

The Claw: Was bummed out because i didnt get a chance to ride it. But had no music running which suprised me. Had a few people here and there riding it. Was running well, looked good at night, all lights running, giving a good ride cycle too.

Starship 2000: Looked great, love the new paintwork, was running well, giving a good long ride. Didnt ride it either but was pretty popular

CliffHanger: Really popular, looks great, and always does, popular at every show i see it at. Giving a good ride cycle, looked good at night with all lights running. Still havent ridden it, but must give it ago next time i see it.

Techno Jump: Was popular, looking great, all lights running at night, i couldnt resist not rideing it so i had a ride. The ride started and you spin around quite fast at the beginning but then slow down once all the cars are airbourne. The the jumping started in all the rythmic patterns. Love the sound of the air pushing the arms into the air. Then we stopped and went into reverse and more jumping and very fun indeed. A good long ride and one that i doubted for a while but now i really like the ride

Breakdance: I didnt get a picture which suprises me, but looked fantastic. Love the artwork all over the ride. The ride is in excellent shape, all lights were working at night, had all the disco lighting setup, giving a good fast ride from what i could see. Was very popular, everytime i walked past, a very long queve.

Rainbow: In a new spot for 2008, moved from the position it has stood for the past years(is it 20 yrs) but in a new spot and i thought it was in a great spot. Just next to its old site. I decided to have a ride, i have never ridden it before. I hoped in, the lap bars were put down. Then the ride started with some swaying from side to side, then we went over the top, and what a great felling, the feeling of weightlessness is so fun, a very smooth ride and giving a great view of the city and the industrial area(great seeing all the polution being pumped into the air) then the ride stopped but we all wanted more so we were off again, over the top in both directions. A great ride, now i can see why chris loves the machine so much. I cant believe Garry O'neill doesnt travel this, just even to the capital shows along the East coast of Aus. I also think it was him operting(can someone tell me what he looks like) well i think it was him operating. As i said a great ride and will have to ride it again next year.

Waveswinger: Looking fantastic, all lights were working, the artwork is great, and giving a good ride, running very well too. A good long ride cycle and always very popular

Well there you have, finally, after a couple of hours putting both reviews together, im finally finished, hope you enjoy the review and i hope everyone enjoyed the show if you went. Sydney's over for me for another year. And a great time i had at the show too. Look forward til next year. But next show--HAWKESBURY, my local show and i can't wait. ENJOY AS ALWAYS

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Fantastic, even better with Sky Walker & Space Roller. Space Roller looks a bit sad without the signs, but looks great with the backdrop and all the other stuff, once again great review Top Gunner, i'm lookin forward to you're Hawkesbury Review. Does Taipan only do the captials?

Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, taipan only does capitals im pretty sure. Yeh, hawkesbury review will be pretty wild and big too. Thanx for your comments

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Also i must say well done to all the ride operators for their friendlyness and presentation to themselves and the rides. I also got the chance to meet both Elwin Bell Snr & Jnr, and Owen Bell. If you are reading, was very nice to meet you guys and thankyou to Elwin Snr, a very lovely bloke and very friendly. And thankyou for those passes for the rides, that was very nice of you. Hope to meet you guys some time in the future again

Cheers
Top Gunner14
power_surge86

Post by power_surge86 »

hello everyone....i was looking for some rides and i came across this forum....

very nice review and pictures...and i was at the easter show last sunday...
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Thanx so much for all the work you put into that TopGunner,your pics are a consolation to all those not able to attend.Great to hear you liked No Limit,Its been over two years since Ive experienced that beast,and I miss it terribly!!.Sky Walker certainly looks amazing,but it seems you are the only person to give it the thumbs up so far.This staff shortage with Bells is looking pretty bad,maybe some of us should help them out?!!,how about it TopGunner :).Look forward to your Hawkesbury review.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thankyou very much Matt and Power Surge. Im glad people do like the work i put in. I split the review up because it took me 2 hours to do part 1 and another 2 for part 2. Yeh Bell's staff shortages are getting pretty bad. Hope they are fixed soon. Yeh, skywalker is a great addition to the Australian show industry. Its great to have such another great Euro ride here along with space roller, no limit, speed and others. And No Limit sure is fantastic. i love the ride. And again, thanx Matt and power surge

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

Ben hope you are going to do a review of your second visit to the show.
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Nice review there top gunner like the photos of space roller some real good snaps of it. Was good to catch up with everyone and meet a few extras at the show show keep those reviews coming.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx Oz, yeh did get some excellent shots of the SR, i was suprised i got some good shots myself. I can now see my photography skills are starting to get better. Hope to see some more reviews soon
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Ok guys, heres my photos from this years Easter Show. Yes most are Rainbow but still you get to see lots of stuff.

I've also included a photo of when the lower plate on the arm got taken off. Not too sure what the issue was, but Rainbow was still running fine.

There is no real need for me to tell you all in depth of what I thought of this years Show. So here are some points.

- Rainbow gave great rides, and on my 4th visit, was running both ways.
- I rode Rainbow 17 times over the 4 visits.
- Space Roller was pushed to it's limits while Oz was operating, I thought it was insane!
- Sky Walker is a great looking ride, but a bit uncomfortable to ride.
- No I didn't ride No Limit.

MIDWAY:

RAINBOW:

SKYWALKER:

HARD ROCK:

BREAKDANCE:

HALLOWEEN:

NO LIMIT:

ZIPPER:

RANGER:

SPACE ROLLER:

SPEED:

ROLLER GHOSTER:

POWER SURGE:

RAUPEN BAHN:

Hope you guys like, these are only a few from around 800 Photos.

Video COMING SOON!!

Chris.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good on you Huss, Topgunner and everyone; I for one really appreciate the effort you put into your reviews and taking the pics.

I have one more review to do and will get onto it ASAP; I'm flat out at the moment!