Hawkesbury Show 2008 (Review and Pics added)

Top Gunner14

Hawkesbury Show 2008 (Review and Pics added)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, yeh, yeh, the Hawkesbury show is coming up and i'm getting excited. The show is running Fri 11th, Sat 12th and Sun 13th. A great show, cheap entry price with always some great rides there. New rides and some great classics. Will get some pre show pics too. Will probably get to the showground maybe next saturday and the Wednesday before the show.

Show entry is good and cheap too. Here are the prices and they've been put up since last year:
Adult-$16
Child/Pensioner-$10
Family-2 Adults & 2 Children-$40
Family-1 Adult & 2 Children-$30

Great value for money and i cant wait. And if anyone is going down to the show, just PM me as ill be there friday arvo from about 4 till saturday night. And its the last show for me too until about August when Penrith is on :cry: . But ill make sure i make the most of it

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Do you have any idea what rides are going Topgunner? I'm sure the ride list will be impressive as it always is but Sky Walker may not turn up. According to Luke Hennessey, the next stop for them is Toowoomba but I still wouldn't be surprised to see it sneeking in. I know the Hawkesbury Agricultural Association would be keen to get Sky Walker on their attraction list.

As for entry prices, the discount only applies to war service card holder; it's $16.00 for everyone else, still a good price which is half the entry for the RES with much the same attractions.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh well im going to try and make it this weekend to see what has turned up so far. I know speed, no limit, skyview, ranger and others are going back. Yeh skywalker unfortunately isnt going because Marchs only have 1 site and waveswinger goes there and power surge isnt returning because hardly anyone went on. Also Space roller is going. Will check it out soon

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

In my eyes top gunner, the admission prices are dearer that most vic shows.

Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Oh well, i get in for free :P It has gone up since last year and previous years. Once you pay the entry price, its really great value cause theres lots to see and do and a great atmosphere. A great example of a country show

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The Skyview wheel is now setup, just the carrages need to be put on now. Will be there on Wednesday to get preshow pics

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm really looking forward to your review Topgunner.

I'll be at the Show on Friday morning if anyone wants to catch up. I'm planning to do quite a few rides and probably won't have to queue for anything. I do hope a Zipper turns up this year and Lawrie's Techno Jump would also be nice. I doubt we'll see Scorpion and Flashdance but you never know. I also wouldn't be surprised if Lou Osbourne's Haunted Mansion and Pavier's Halloween both made it on.

Four days to go; can't you tell I'm getting excited? I'll do a review and Topgunner will undoubtedly have heaps of great pics for you all. One day I promise I'll have some pics too! :)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes ben im really looking forward. Yeh Techno Jump will be there and so will Zacchini's zipper. Haunted mansion is going but no Mega Drop with it going to Orange, and the Hawkesbury Ag Association was trying to get Halloween but im sure itll be there. Flashdance is meant to be going but i dont think scorpion will be there which im upset about. And yes, heaps of great pics and a review as always

Cheers
Top Gunner14
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Rides so far:
Ali baba, Alpine express, zipper, dodgem cars, Sky view, ferris wheel, music trip, cha cha, tilt a whirl, hurricane, crazy coaster, haunted mansion,ranger, no limit, euro slide, fun factory, Space roller, cliff hanger, sling shot,night mare ghost train.
I may have missed some

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx Oz, Energy Storm is also there. Will be there tomorrow arvo to get some pics

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yeah Thanks Oz. Will you be working the Ghost Train or Space Roller? :?:

Looks like I'll be riding ES for the first time; hopefully it's in a betterr condition than has been reported. Good to hear the Zipper has returned. Is the Cha Cha Pavier's Super Sizzler? Less than three days to go! :D
Space Roller Freak

Top Gunner, i can't wait for those pics of yours! Great lineup as always.

Space Roller Freak
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Also wave swinger is here very good line up, thumbs up to the GUILD.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
princess

Post by princess »

Ben you have a great time on Friday, I will look forward to what you have to say, give him a good ride Oz.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes I'll let you know what I got up to on Friday and will be sure to check out Space Roller and a heap of other attractions. Hopefully the rain will hold off; it has been pretty dry in the Windsor area with most of the rain falling at night and near the coast so it shouldn't be too muddy. Hawkesbury Showground is usually famous for its mud, even in the carnival area where it is paved.
princess

Post by princess »

Hopefully all will be a little dryer by friday.
Last edited by princess on Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Its very boogy at the showground when i went down this arvo. All the showies were settin up all the gear in the dark and the rain and mud. The ride list for this years show and definately down on last years:

Sky View Wheel
Sling Shot
No Limit
Space Roller
Ali Baba
Alpine Express
Haunted Mansion
Zipper
Tilt A Whirl
Cha Cha
Music Trip
Hurricane
Ranger
Euro Slide
Crazy Coaster
Cliff hanger
Wave Swinger
Energy Storm
Nightmare Ghost Train
Ferris Wheel
Quad Bikes
Couple Of Dodgem Tracks
Heaps of Kids Rides/Inflatables
Heaps of sideshows and games

A pretty good lineup with the absence of some great rides like skywalker, mega drop, hard rock, power surge and others. Also techno jump is supposed to be tere but wasnt and there are still some vacant spots there. Pre show pics will be up soon

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Here are the pre show pics from the showground this Wednesday. Not great pics but hope you like them.

Ali baba:

Alpine Express

Cha Cha

Cliff Hanger

Crazy Coaster

Hurricane

No Limit

Music Trip

Ranger

Sky View Wheel

Space Roller

Energy Storm

Tilt A Whirl

Wave Swinger

Zipper

Hope you enjoy them, cant wait until the weekend.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Just looking at those pics, it seems energy storm is in better shape. Although i'd have to get a clearer short to compare it to how it was almost a year ago.

Also, not the best pics in the world, but the clouds certainly don't help! (thats NOT criticizing you... just damn clouds) And i'm missing No Limit and Space Roller :( They really should do more QLD shows!
Space Roller Freak

I haven't seen Energy Storm all my life, but to be honest it looks crap! Zacchni's Zipper looks good, but I recknon the lighting could be better, still looks good though!

Space Roller Freak
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Last time I rode Zacchni's Zipper it was only running in one direction (long ride cycle though). Hope the show goes well for you all. Energy Storm is well worth a ride.
kiwi

Energy Storm

Post by kiwi »

Who owns the Energy Storm, and who's the manufacturer?

Cheers
Kiwi
Space Roller Freak

Kiwi, Energy Storm is made by Zamperla, i think someone of the Evan family owns it.

Space Roller Freak
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Energy Storm is indeed a Zamperla Ride (not to be confused by a Sorani and Moser unit) And is owned by Sam Evans.

It used to look really good before he painted the cars rainbow and stuff. He should go back to the original color scheme shown here:

NOTE: This is NOT Sam Evan's unit, but the color scheme was basically the same.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm a little surprised Speed isn't there; perhaps it's doing Goulburn instead? The lineup is down on last year's but still excellent as usual; Elwin Bell should be happy about the absence of Speed anyway! thanks for the pics Topgunner.