Hawkesbury Show 2008 (Review and Pics added)

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx for your comments, they're much appreciated. Thunderbolt has retired from all shows except the capitals. Its asleep in its shed at Queanbeyan but will come out just before ekka starts. So i suggest next capital you see it at, have a ride. All the staff that were operating it at Sydney, they all operated the other bell's rides like music trip, tornado etc.

Jaffa, that was Phillip Zacchini's zipper.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Great work once again mate,some nice night shots too,always love to see rides lit up.Do you know if the Zipper is getting new lighting on the boom,it sure does look pretty plain.Energy Storm is somethimg I'm yet to experience,but it does look interesting.I remember someone saying it starts off like a Cha Cha/Sizzler,then when the arms lift it resembles an Orbitor (I really do miss this ride,you West Australians are lucky to have it),and once it inverts it's something all it's own.I do have a video of an overseas model (four arms),and it seems to slow down a little when inverted,does our model do the same,how are the restraints,do you feel safely strapped in when you're upside down and spinning like that?.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Energy Storm is a great ride, if not a little nauseating. It starts off like a Cha Cha, then spins like the Scorpion before flipping upside down like the Twin Flip. It doesn't seem to slow down whilst inverted but it doesn't stay upside down for too long which is probably a good thing considering the speed at which it spins. The safety restraints are fairly comfortable and safe but a bit more room for the legs would be appreciated. :lol:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Oh... it felt like I was going to fall out when I rode it nearly 2 years ago. But mind you I was only 5ft 7 back then. And at the Greek festival a year ago I felt alot more secure (5ft 10) and now i'm nearly 6ft 1 so yeah. I would probably agree on the leg room idea. But the WORST ride for tall people to ride is Techno Jump or Twin Flip...

Daniel "Remembers how much Twin Flip hurt my Legs at 5ft 7!" Harmer
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

When ES is inverted, they stop spinning the gondalas for a few seconds, bout 5, then you statr again and you go back down. I call it the upside down cha cha. Thanx for your comments too Matt
PNC

Post by PNC »

im 6'4 and i didnt find twin flip to bad, i have certainly been on worse
princess

Post by princess »

OMG Hurricane I wont recognise you next time I see you, :cry:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

My mate came on ES last year and his bout 150cm. He was fine
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Maybe I just fail at these rides...

And Princess, I'm sure that you will recognize me ;)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Maybe you do Lol :P
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Just found a few videos on youtube of Jayne Denham country music singer. Features most of the rides in the backdrop, mostly featuring Space Roller. Check them out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HdQhnn5WSg
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Good find TopGunner.
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

I was there, thats me opperating space roller, and my ghost train and joints are on it. They were there for like 6 hours doing that, would be good to see the raw footage.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

hey Oz, you gotta get me a job on space roller in about 5 years eh? i love spaceroller! and your lucky to work on it! howd you get your job?
princess

Post by princess »

I only saw Haunted Mansion in this clip, was there another, I will have to have another look.

Where was this filmed?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Judging by the description Princess, I would say it was filmed at Hawkesbury... and just so you know I havn't forgotten...

BUZZZZZZZ
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, I didn't think that was you operating it Oz. Yes your Ghost Train is up there and your ticket seller who didn't know who you were when I came to find you :roll: Yes princess, this was at Hawkesbury, then why would I put it in this folder?? :lol: :P Paulie, Oz got the Job because him and Russel Watkins are cousins. I'm sure if you had a cousin that owned Speed, he'd definately let you operate it when you are older. Oz, what night was this filmed, I thinking it was Sunday night or Friday? I'm suprised No Limit wasn't in it. I loved the strobe lights going in the background while they are singing. Awesome...
princess

Post by princess »

Excuse me Topgunner, I am blonde (by choice lol)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well, I was going to sugest that in my previous post but I thought I'd lay off this time. No offence Princess :wink: :lol:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Paulie any questions of a personal nature are best sent directly as a private message, not on the forum.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Lol, Princess we can both be blondes together! My hair isn't brown anymore :lol: