Corpus Christie School Fete 2008

Top Gunner14

Corpus Christie School Fete 2008

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Took a trip out to Corpus Christi primary school yesterday. A good day to start off with but then, 4 seasons in one day. The weather was shocking at times but then really good. A great lineup of rides for a primary school with Amusement Hire Services, Foster’s Carnival Amusement’s and East Coast Amusement’s. Ride lineup:

Top Gun
Sizzler
Dodgems
Giant Slide
Jungle Challenge
Haunted Funhouse
Mini Ferriswheel
Mini Carousel
Bucking Bull
Inflatables
Sideshow games

Top Gun: The ride has just about been working non-stop all year. And was working non-stop yesterday with a very long queue. The ride was looking fantastic, except the back signs weren’t up. The new sign up the top was working with all the lights working, all the lights on the arm were working and flashing and the sound system was pumping. The back sign was down with a broken winch but the sign has all new lights. The actual “Top Gun” words are now yellow, and the lines next to them are all different colours and they have had chasers install. The ride also now has the ride jingles and sounds too. Had 2 rides and the ride was running really well. Great long ride cycles, plenty of fast loops and heaps of hang time. Congrats to the boys for how well the ride is now presented and how it’s run. Well done

Everything else was running well and were all popular. Sorry, no photos this time

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Two majors at a school fete!!?!!....ah Ok..I've never heard of this before.Wish my school would have done this.Top Gun sounds like its looking and running awesome mate..wish it would come down to Vic.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Top Gun did a few shows here in Melbourne.... even got onto the Melbourne Show in 2002, and St Kilda Festival with Wittingslow a few years later... haven't seen it since... meh
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

It's an awesome machine now. I'll put some photos up of it when it's at penrith show. Last time when TPA owned it, it was only doing the xmas carnival, now it's operating usually multiple times a week
benclare

Post by benclare »

Some school fates can contain good surprises like the one you went to Topgunner. O'Neil's Shows sometimes do these events and the larger schools feature the Ranger, Love Express and Waveswinger. If you learn of any more big school fates Topgunner, please let us know because I'd love to go to some of these.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Alright mate, no problem. And yeh, I remember you saying O’Neill’s supplying some good gear. The Love Express apparently only does Xmas time now
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

hey everyone, theres a school fete sort of thing on near my old school in late september. in the past its had shockwave, hurricane, cha cha, dominator, rok n roll, round up, dodgems and more. i love it. i will inform you all more when i know the dates.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, there are some good school fetes around. We know that Shockwave and Dominator won't be going with them under new ownership from being sold by Better Amusement Hire. But cool that they get Roc N Rol and Round Up
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

wonder if shockwave will ever do a show down in melbourne.... dominator has
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Would be good if Flaherty's did take it down. Kick Kamikaze off Melbourne(even though it wasn't there last year) and put Shockwave in, it would go well.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Well with a bit of luck TPA are sorting the issues on their Kamikaze, and can get it out for Melbourne...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Oh yeh, I forgot about that one for a sec, there are even talks that TPA's Kamikaze could take O'Neill's Rangers spot at RES. Watch out Garry, another spot you could loose for the second year running
PNC

Post by PNC »

i am doing a school fete soon with flash dance, music trip, dodgems, para trooper and kids rides, its probably the biggest fete i do
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

A very good fete with Flashdance there and a Music Trip. Is it your Dad's Dminator or someone elses Music Trip?
PNC

Post by PNC »

dominator is busy that weekend, he has more than enough work for it, it is only a rare occasion i get to see it, its also watkins para trooper as mine is already busy as well, its usually a good fete and has seen the likes of force 10 and hurricanes in the past
princess

Post by princess »

Is that the one, on the sunshine coast, where my friends kids go.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, sounds like that school has had good fetes in the past. So that's Paul Watkin's paratrooper. So theres a mixed bag of operators working this fete
PNC

Post by PNC »

that fete was 2 weekends ago princess, it was good day, better than last year thats for sure, yeh this fete has many operators that i have had to organise simply because my gear is busy
princess

Post by princess »

So I heard pnc, all was very much enjoyed again.