Penrith Show 2008 (Review and Photos added)

Top Gunner14

Penrith Show 2008 (Review and Photos added)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The Penrith showis back on again for 2008. It runs on Saturday 30th and Sunday the 31st of August. I'll be there both days with the cattle and Saturday night I'll be working on the Top Gun. If any Sydney-siders would like to meet up, I'd be happy too. Rides I know going so far:

Top Gun
Flashdance
The Ultimate Party Machine
The Paratrooper
Dodgem Track

Will find out the list by next week or someone else :P who owns one of the above rides will post the list.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Sweet, what are you doing on the Top Gun? Ticket Box?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep, selling tickets, doing all the music, all the ride jingles and sounds and even my first time at spruiking if I'm allowed Lol
benclare

Post by benclare »

Wow Topgunner, sounds like fun! Not a bad ride lineup so far either. If I'm not working I'll try and make it out to Penrith. Flashdance, Paratrooper and Topgun are great rides!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes they are. Hope you can make it mate
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

hey top gun, where abouts is it adzactly? like what park or whatever?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

At Penrith Paceway. Next door to CUA Stadium and across the road from Panthers Leagues Club
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Just remember... "Sc...Sc... Scream if you want to go faster!" Top Gunner :P
scotlands funfairs

Post by scotlands funfairs »

hi can i ask what is the ultimate party machine
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

The Ultimate Party Machine is a recently refurbished Miami Music Trip made by Ferrari if I am correct.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'm not 100% sure it's going but I'm sure it'll be there. And yes Hurricane can't get the ride going much faster once it's at full speed. Not to mention the blarring sound system on the ride now. More like "Alright riders, sit back, hold tight, here we go, we're gonna fly you high on this one." Can't wait, will be fun working on it just for the night
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Well done mate..I'd wager not many of us have had the chance to work on our favourite rides.Wish I could be there to give it a go..have fun :) .
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Pity the shockwave didn't have a jingle system... otherwise I might have gone a bit beserk on it! :lol: I bet the owners are now thankful they didn't...
princess

Post by princess »

errrr, yes, I dont think seeing you berserk is something pretty. :shock: :lol:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

LOL! Just wait till i'm 18 and can drink :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Talk of berserk, I thought I was bad, when I first put the jingles on the top gun, i played them heaps. But the owner, he'd come over and just play the "Oh la la" jingle over and over again. And all the others. He was like a baby with their first toy. And he can't wait for me to give him the Jingle Albumn at Penrith. Thank God I don't work on the ride full time. I'd be having head spins Lol :P :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Should have the ride list up by tonight
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Lineup so far for this years show:

Top Gun
Flashdance
Super Trooper
Cha Cha
Hurricane
2x Dodgem Tracks
Giant Slide
Kids Rides
Sideshows
Inflatables
Food Vans

We'll post if more turn up in the next few days

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Some more gear has turned up. Young's Tilt has turned up and some Bungy Tramps and Bumper Boats. I'll be heading over this arvo and be at the show tomorrow and Sunday
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Here's full line-up for this years show:

Super Trooper
Flashdance
2 Dodgem Tracks (Watkin's and Young's)
Top Gun
Cha Cha
Tilt-A-Whirl
Hurricane
Ferris Wheel
Looney Bin
Giant Slide
Bungy Tramps
Bumper Boats
Tea Cups
Crazy Cars
Rocket Ride
Few Inflatables
Kids Rides
Sideshows and Games
Food Vans

Pretty good lineup. I'll be heading out this morning and be there all day today and Sunday.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

So how'd ya go top gunner, did ya play some tunes or what? Hope you had a good weekend...
"Slingshot , Engage"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Review and photos will be up soon. Yeh, bit of spruiking which was fun and played your jingles and they were very popular with me copying 4 copies for some owners
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well, my first time at Penrith show was pretty good. Had a great time with good weather on Saturday but a bit gloomy on Sunday. Most of the rides went well all weekend but I must say, all the rides are very squished together. Got to meet a few owners/operators including Paul and Wade Watkins, Justin Dale, Billy Aka and Peter Malonas. Was great to meet them all. Had fun working on the Top Gun on Saturday night and we were pretty busy.

Top Gun: Worked on the ride on Saturday night selling tickets and doing all the music and jingles and even had ago at spruiking. We were pretty busy but I left at 9 but poor Dan was flat out after I left. The ride is looking fantastic. We had some lasers but couldn't use them because of the bit of rain we had and we used the smoke machine as well. The new signs on the back wall were all lit up and looked fantastic and the sign on top of the arm was great too. Had a few rides and the ride is running really well. A few fast loops with some hangtime and a good long ride cycle each time.

The Ultimate Party Machine: Finally got to see the ride as no one would bloody upload any photos over the last 3 months. The ride looks fantastic and Bill should be proud of his machine. Bill and his worker run the ride really well and great interaction every time. Had a few rides and great long cycles everytime and they do run it like it is the ultimate party.

Super Trooper: First time I've seen this model and had a few rides. The ride looks good and is run well. I was very suprised when I first rode it because it runs it very fast. And great long cycles as well. A true classic

Flashdance: First time I've seen it since it has changed ownership. The ride is the same except for the new control booth and the Chant's logo been painted over saying Dale's. The ride was running pretty fast in both directions but the cycles weren't too long. The operator gave good interaction throughout the ride too.

Hurricane: Had a few rides and we had some good cycles. The ride gathers speed really fast and the cracks of air were pretty loud. The cars swooped close to the centre pole and we had some good cycles.

Tilt A Whirl: I love this Tilt, the ride doesn't look great but it does if you get what I mean. It has that classic feel about the look. Had a ride and the ride operates really fast and the cars spin very fast. The ride seems to be in good nic and we had a great long cycle.

Cha Cha: Was looking good, pretty popular and looked like it was operating pretty fast and giving good long cycles.

Thats all from me. Josh, thanks for the jingles as they were very popular with me copying them for the Supertrooper, Flashdance, Top Gun and The Ultimate Party Machine. Enjoy. Happy Ashley, got the photos up. I think you should comment them Lol

Cheers
Top Gunner14
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

Anyone who is wondering what SkyDiver looks like at the Adelaide Show take a look at Super Trooper
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Great pics as always mate.Top Gun looks amazing!!!.That Super Trooper is the one that showed up at Traralgon last year..I really enjoyed it too,very fast...looks a little rough in my opinion though.